Try taking off your Fanatic Hat! What is best for the Future of our Team?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Of course players and coaches want to win every game, because they are actually playing and coaching in the games, but fans, are sitting in their easy chairs just watching the games. Fans have the ability to root for what is best for their team’s future. Some fans, most fans are very short sighted and want instant gratification. So regardless of the circumstances,( see above: we can’t stop the run or run consistently etc.) most fans always want their team to win every game.

What fans "want" or "root for" is meaningless. We have no impact on the game.

So either some of you are too thick to realize that or you want to pat yourselves on the back for "rooting" for the future. :muttley:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
boy-tin-foil-hat-looking-260nw-264037682.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score
GM and scout department doing a better job.....would be a great start.

cowboyec

Reaction score
our franchise QB healthy and signed.
our 2 franchise OTs back healthy.
our franchise OG back healthy.
a kick-*** rookie class.
big mike callin' plays.
our DEs with their fingers diggin' dirt.
our DTs eating rb's like krispy kreme donuts.
our LBs tackling.
a cb partner for Diggs.
a s partner for Wilson.
ipso-fatso...solved.
:thumbup:

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
With the players we have available right now we cannot consistently stop the run. We cannot consistently run the ball. We are playing our 3rd string tackles. We give up the most points in the NFL. Our defense lacks talent and does not work together because our DC is terrible.

Of course players and coaches want to win every game, because they are actually playing and coaching in the games, but fans, are sitting in their easy chairs just watching the games. Fans have the ability to root for what is best for their team’s future. Some fans, most fans are very short sighted and want instant gratification. So regardless of the circumstances,( see above: we can’t stop the run or run consistently etc.) most fans always want their team to win every game.

I’m not one of these fans. I am a realist. I realize our team has, a snow balls chance in hel_ of making a run in the playoffs. I’m willing to delay my gratification this year, when it comes to team wins, ( I cheer for individual plays and players) to improve our chances of winning a Super Bowl in the future.

If we lose our last 2 games, hopefully in competitive games, we still have a chance for the 4th pick in the draft according to Tankathon stats. ( Carolina needs to beat Washington=50/50, Atlanta needs to beat Tampa Bay=50/50, Houston needs to beat the Bungles=90/10

If we win 1 more game we will be picking between 10-13.

We need the 4th or 5th pick in the draft to give us more options( trade back, etc. ). We need new starters from the draft because we won’t be able to afford many Free Agents. We will come back strong next year with a healthy team and a bunch of early round draft picks!

Losing a couple close games now, helps our team win BIG in the future. Don’t settle for late season wins, (this makes Jerry so happy) which really do hurt our future!

Are you a Realist or a Fanatic?
With the players we have available right now we cannot consistently stop the run. We cannot consistently run the ball. We are playing our 3rd string tackles. We give up the most points in the NFL. Our defense lacks talent and does not work together because our DC is terrible.

I’m not one of these fans. I am a realist. I realize our team has, a snow balls chance in hel_ of making a run in the playoffs. I’m willing to delay my gratification this year, when it comes to team wins, ( I cheer for individual plays and players) to improve our chances of winning a Super Bowl in the future.

If we lose our last 2 games, hopefully in competitive games, we still have a chance for the 4th pick in the draft according to Tankathon stats. ( Carolina needs to beat Washington=50/50, Atlanta needs to beat Tampa Bay=50/50, Houston needs to beat the Bungles=90/10

We need the 4th or 5th pick in the draft to give us more options( trade back, etc. ). We need new starters from the draft because we won’t be able to afford many Free Agents. We will come back strong next year with a healthy team and a bunch of early round draft picks!

Losing a couple close games now, helps our team win BIG in the future. Don’t settle for late season wins, (this makes Jerry so happy) which really do hurt our future!

You nailed it, I’m in to win a Super Bowl, this year is over, just play the youngsters so they get experience. Of course players and coaches want to win, their Pros and it’s their job “Their getting paid”.

CWR

Reaction score
Being losers isn't best for the franchise. An unintentional tank shows just how far away we are from being competitive. The draft picks are nice but most teams that win 2 games a year are just gawd awful. Id rather believe we are injured and learning with a few holes to plug. I dont mind losing at this point, but I would be happy with the team winning the last 4 games. Only because it means our depth and coaches stepped up.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Being losers isn't best for the franchise. An unintentional tank shows just how far away we are from being competitive. The draft picks are nice but most teams that win 2 games a year are just gawd awful. Id rather believe we are injured and learning with a few holes to plug. I dont mind losing at this point, but I would be happy with the team winning the last 4 games. Only because it means our depth and coaches stepped up.
You make a good point, but beating Cincy? These are false positives. Now beat New Orleans or Chiefs. Now we’re on the same page.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I am me, I am free.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm a realistic fan that wants and hopes the Cowboys win every game and accept where that puts them in the draft. As I've said many times there are many many more HOFers that were drafted after the 5th pick in the draft proving that teams can get better picking outside the 5th pick. This foolish idea that only picking in the top 5 or 10 is the absolutely only way a team gets better is just that foolishness. The browns picked in the top 5 for a couple of decades and what did it get them. The same with the jets.
If you don’t realize picking the 5th player in every round is much more advantageous than picking the 12 or 13 player in every round I don’t know what to say to you. Besides the opportunity to pick the better player you have the option to trade down and get more picks.

Of course there are more Hall of Famers selected after the 5th pick. There are only 5 top picks and over 230 picks after that. Do you understand probability?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I realistically want to win. Draft wherever we land and sign some good free agents. Losing is for losers, it's contagious Because it's easy to do. I am a fan, that's why I want my team to win....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Basically the “ tank” mentality would be if you aren’t going to the Super Bowl should be losing to get higher picks. Lol

I’m not sure these fans have ever played competitive sports or understand the spirit of the game.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
While I agree with the wrong guy doing the picking premise I can't help but think that the availability of the higher choice offers at least a 50-50 probability that the available player could be chosen.

No matter if it is the braintrust of Jerry and Son doing the picking.

I would at the very least like the opportunity to choose the higher ranked player if available vice a lower ranked player.

I believe the issue of who's doing the picking and them making the right choice is a separate issue from simple availability of the right guy.

In other words, the higher ranked guy on your board has to be available in the first place before he can be chosen or not.

The higher the pick the better even with ALL these factors being considered imo.

Oh yes, the higher the pick the odds improve that the idiot and his brain trust will stumble into a quality player. But then again we are talking about the person who dedicated an entire draft to get special teams players. We are talking about the moron who drafted a RB with the #5 pick while his defense withered on the vine with bad CB, Defensive Line and Safety play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Tankers...

Why aren’t the Bengals tanking tonite? Why would their competitive nature want to beat the Steelers?

And why these fans truly don’t understand the spirit of the game and fiery competitive nature.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Tankers...

Why aren’t the Bengals tanking tonite? Why would their competitive nature want to beat the Steelers?

And why these fans truly don’t understand the spirit of the game and fiery competitive nature.
Realist don’t understand the spirit of the game etc. etc., but a fanatic does. LOL

Are you typing this from your soft sofa or recliner?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Realist don’t understand the spirit of the game etc. etc., but a fanatic does. LOL

Are you typing this from your soft sofa or recliner?
But I consider myself a realist.

Let me ask you this.

If owners, GM’s and coaches know that it’s better to have higher draft choices why are they still trying to win games?