Try this cooking thread

Creeper

Reaction score
  • 1 1/2 cups / 12 oz / 340 g mashed RIPE bananas (~3 bananas)
  • 1/3 cup / 80 ml melted coconut oil or melted butter
  • 3/4 cup / 4.5 oz / 125 g dark muscovado or dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup / 60 ml full-fat coconut milk or yogurt, or sour cream
  • 2 large eggs lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup / 4.5 oz / 125g all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup / 5 oz / 140g whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and place a rack in the center. Oil a 9-by 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan, or equivalent.
Make the Batter
  1. Next, place the mashed bananas in a large bowl. Stir in the coconut oil, and then the brown sugar and coconut milk. Add the eggs and vanilla, and stir until well combined. Add the flours, baking soda, and salt (sprinkling the baking soda and salt across the surface of the batter), and mix just until the batter combines, avoid over-mixing.
Bake and Cool
  1. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn the loaf out of the pan to cool completely. Slice, and enjoy!
Serves
Prep Time
I add some roasted walnuts to my banana bread, or chocolate chips. Its a change of pace.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I think a Mississippi Roast is probably something everybody has made by now and might even know it by another name. I made one this last week though and used it a few different ways that all came out really good. Took a chuck roast and seasoned it with salt and pepper and let it sit overnight. In the AM I sliced an onion, layered them across a crock pot, and set the roast on top of the onions. Then I emptied a packet of Ranch seasoning and a package of Au Jus over the roast and onions. Then take a full jar of pepperoncini peppers and the juice and dump over the top. Lastly add 1/2 a stick of butter right on top of the roast and cook it on low 8-10 hours.

That's the standard recipe that most make and the only thing I did different was to add a little bit of chicken broth to mine. I do that because the first thing I made out of this was French Dip sandwiches and I wanted that extra broth for cups of Au Jus. It makes killer sandwiches with a loaf of crusty French bread and some provolone. The next thing I made was poutine which I had never had before. It was fantastic. Air fried some fries, added a bag of cheese curds, a big pile of the roast chopped up, layered everything up, and made a brown gravy to pour over the top. Decadent and a fantastic comfort food. Lastly I used the small remaining roast to make a breakfast hash with eggs, potatoes, onions, and peppers.

I love using big pieces of meat like this for multiple dishes throughout the week. It makes me more creative in the kitchen to know I need to come up with a way to eat a roast, brisket, pork shoulder or whatever for for days and keep it from getting boring.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
When they discovered the mental capabilities of these animals, they should have stopped eating them. It's like eating dolphin. And now they are farming them.
The octopus is my hands down favorite animal after dogs.
I'm with you. I can't do it and pulpo is a common ingredient around here in the borderland.
They know what's going on, they experience fear and pain and I've watched them plan escapes from my own friend's massive salt water tank and they have succeeded.

Just can't do it.
Pigs are close, but dangit, I love pork so much!

I'm such a hypocrite.

rags747

Reaction score
Italians or at least this Italian always have Lentil soup over Ditalini pasta, lots of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese too.

Big_D

Reaction score
Italians or at least this Italian always have Lentil soup over Ditalini pasta, lots of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese too.

This Italian also! Lentil soup and pasta.. quick and delicious. Cheese, red pepper, garlic, pretty easy to dress up.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
When they discovered the mental capabilities of these animals, they should have stopped eating them. It's like eating dolphin. And now they are farming them.
Most animals are way smarter than we think.

Why couldn't They made animals taste like vegetables...and vegetables taste like animals?

Like....imagine a world where a beet tasted like a sizzling hot bacon double cheeseburger.....and broccoli tasted like pub fries smothered in bacon sour cream and melted cheese?

Cruel cruel twist!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This Italian also! Lentil soup and pasta.. quick and delicious. Cheese, red pepper, garlic, pretty easy to dress up.
I love lentils and lentil soup, but those darn things are like ingesting Drano into my large intestine.
The thunder bucket fears me after eating lentils.