Try this cooking thread

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
For you young bucks, this is what a "Quadra jet" use to sound like.

If you have the volume turn in up. It's an awesome sound. I just did it @ 1000watts and the dog ran!:laugh::lmao:

Those quadra Jets were very good carburetors, had a few and this video brought back old memories LOL

triplets_93

Reaction score
2 million air fryers recalled due to fire and burn hazards

Both CPSC and Cosori have advised consumers impacted by the recall to immediately stop using the recalled products and contact Cosori to receive a free replacement or another Cosori product.

The air fryers, priced between $70 and $130, were sold at retailers nationwide from June 2018 through December 2022.

The recalled units were sold at brick and mortar retailers including Best Buy, Target and The Home Depot, as well as online retailers including Amazon, Bed Bath and Beyond, Homegoods, Kohl's, Lowe's, Macy's, QVC and Walmart, among others.
For more information on the recall, and to view a full list of affected products, visit https://recall.cosori.com/country-sel

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/2-million-air-fryers-recalled-due-fire-burn/story?id=97428709

FloridaRob

Reaction score
got a question. I have been making peanut brittle a couple a times a month and have it down to a science. 1-cup sugar, 1/2 cup + 2 tbls of light karo syrup stir, stir, stir,, cook in microwave for 4 minutes, add in 1 and 1/3 cup of peanuts and a quarter stick of butter, stir, stir, stir, cook another 3 and 1/2 minutes add 1 tbls vanilla, stir, stir, stir, cook another 1 and 1/2 minutes, add 1 tbls of baking soda, stir, stir, stir, and pour out in pan. Let rest for about 45 minutes, crack and eat.

Here is my problem. I want to double that recipe, maybe even triple it cause the family goes through it pretty quick and when grandkids are over its gone in a second. I did it once and doubled the ingredients but I kept the same cookign time and it did not come out well. it was too soft. How long should you cook it to get the same consistency. Double the time? Triple the time? i dont want to try it again until I get that setttled. So you candy chefs out there let me know.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
got a question. I have been making peanut brittle a couple a times a month and have it down to a science. 1-cup sugar, 1/2 cup + 2 tbls of light karo syrup stir, stir, stir,, cook in microwave for 4 minutes, add in 1 and 1/3 cup of peanuts and a quarter stick of butter, stir, stir, stir, cook another 3 and 1/2 minutes add 1 tbls vanilla, stir, stir, stir, cook another 1 and 1/2 minutes, add 1 tbls of baking soda, stir, stir, stir, and pour out in pan. Let rest for about 45 minutes, crack and eat.

Here is my problem. I want to double that recipe, maybe even triple it cause the family goes through it pretty quick and when grandkids are over its gone in a second. I did it once and doubled the ingredients but I kept the same cookign time and it did not come out well. it was too soft. How long should you cook it to get the same consistency. Double the time? Triple the time? i dont want to try it again until I get that setttled. So you candy chefs out there let me know.
Ok Rob, Whatever proportion you use it needs to reach 300 degrease. Use a thermometer and you won't have to guess on the cooking time.;)

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Ok Rob, Whatever proportion you use it needs to reach 300 degrease. Use a thermometer and you won't have to guess on the cooking time.;)
you can use a thermometer for microwave cooking? Never thought about that. by the time the thermometer reads the temp, the candy may be setting.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a rib joint in Davis Oklahoma that has something similar, I believe it's called strawberries on a cloud. It's amazing
Been to that place as well as the disputed birthplace of the Fried Pie in Davis.

I had just been in OK a couple of months when the Dallas Morning News runs this article about the origin of the Fried Pie and the stories were identical, only the people were different. The owner of the Fried Pie Company in Gainesville and the owner of Arbuckle Fried Pies both claimed their grandmothers created the food much like the burrito was created in Mexico, to feed the Cowboys in the saddle with a one-handed food for lunch. No one could prove or disprove either was wrong.

I know one thing, that place in Davis sold a buttload of fried pies every day and ending up franchising....in Texas! I think they also went to OKC but I thought it was funny that right after that article broke, Arbuckle was in Gainesville at Rumpy's and in Denton.

Hostess would end up ripping off the idea and adding sugar to the crust and it became famous. That was my favorite pastry as a kid, a Hostess Cherry Fried Pie.

Last edited:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Been to that place as well as the disputed birthplace of the Fried Pie in Davis.

I have just been in OK a couple of months when the Dallas Morning News runs this article about the origin of the Fried Pie and the stories were identical, only the people were different. The owner of the Fried Pie Company in Gainesville and the owner of Arbuckle Fried Pies both claimed their grandmothers created the food much like the burrito was created in Mexico, to feed the Cowboys in the saddle with a one-handed food for lunch. No one could prove or disprove either was wrong.

I know one thing, that place in Davis sold a buttload of fried pies every day and ending up franchising....in Texas! I think they also went to OKC but I thought it was funny that right after that article broke, Arbuckle was in Gainesville at Rumpy's and in Denton.

Hostess would end up ripping off the idea and adding sugar to the crust and it became famous. That was my favorite pastry as a kid, a Hostess Cherry Fried Pie.
Ahh, the old Fried Pie wars :laugh: I'll sometimes stop by the one here in OKC and get a chocolate or coconut. Also partial to the Chicken/Vegatable.