Trysten Hill

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need to put out a milk carton with his picture on it. He was running with the 3rd team tonight and I didn’t see him do anything. I was hoping for more from him.

Why not give him some time as all rookies need. But no, you want to give him the bust label already.
You need to go join the whine zone group, there are quite a few there you will be in bad company.

Techsass

Reaction score
OK I'm feeling a bit better after watching some of today's rerun of the game. It was easier to key in on Trysten, since I already knew the 2nd half wasn't about much. He wasn't getting stuffed, but was pushing his guys backwards on the pass plays and the runs went to the other side of the line.

waldoputty

Reaction score
OK I'm feeling a bit better after watching some of today's rerun of the game. It was easier to key in on Trysten, since I already knew the 2nd half wasn't about much. He wasn't getting stuffed, but was pushing his guys backwards on the pass plays and the runs went to the other side of the line.

how about his quick first step or were they doing things to counter that?
also was he playing 1tech since they seemed to double him?

Beaker42

Reaction score
#68 and Daniel Wise looked better than him. He got stonewalled several times and didn’t appear to have a high motor.

Yet another in a long line of disastrous 2nd round bust picks for the Cowboys ...... Carter, Escobar, Gregory, now Hill. We are officially now the Second Round Suckers.

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Yet another in a long line of disastrous 2nd round bust pick picks for the Cowboys ...... Carter, Escobar, Gregory, now Hill. We are officially now the Second Round Suckers.

that is really rational there...
u do remember jaylon, dlaw, chido, lee
cwilliams not looking bad either...
as much as you want to trash talk gregory, we got another year of play last years.
in the past decade, cowboys 2nd round picks have come out pretty well.
2 pro bowlers, jaylon plays well enough for pro bowl
and the jury is out on chido an cwilliams, though they are starters

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yet another in a long line of disastrous 2nd round bust pick picks for the Cowboys ...... Carter, Escobar, Gregory, now Hill. We are officially now the Second Round Suckers.

Done after one preseason game, eh? :rolleyes:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Done after one preseason game, eh? :rolleyes:

No, not done - just pointing out how often and badly our draft idiots get our 2nd round picks. Most teams it’s hit 4or 5 in a row on 2nd rounders ...... with us it’s hit, miss, hit, miss, etc.

Last edited:

Techsass

Reaction score
how about his quick first step or were they doing things to counter that?
also was he playing 1tech since they seemed to double him?
I only saw a couple of times where 2 guys ended up on him. I wouldn't really call it double teaming. Pass plays 3-4 yards in the backfield where a 2nd blocker came in.

As far as his 1st step, he was square on being blocked, not getting around anybody, except on 2 run plays that headed the other way.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I remember the Demarcus Lawrence rookie hating days too

*sigh
It seems like it takes our early picks longer to start producing than other teams’ picks do. Other than Zeke and Sean Lee, which early pick of ours did well his first two seasons?

waldoputty

Reaction score
I only saw a couple of times where 2 guys ended up on him. I wouldn't really call it double teaming. Pass plays 3-4 yards in the backfield where a 2nd blocker came in.

As far as his 1st step, he was square on being blocked, not getting around anybody, except on 2 run plays that headed the other way.

thanks.
he was square on being blocked?
which gap was he lined up at?
did u see what fuzzy was referring to?
trying new moves?
thanks!