Tucson Shop Owner & Employee Kill One Intruder, Wound Three

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This happened while I was away this last week. This is literally about 4 blocks from my brother's house.

Armed shop owner, worker thwarted heist; 4 men ID'd

Jamar Younger Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:00 am

Four men who tried to rob a north-side auto shop Tuesday were thwarted when the store's owner pulled out a shotgun and an employee drew a handgun in a shootout that turned deadly for the robbers, police said.

One of the robbers was killed, the three others were injured and the shop's owner suffered a bullet wound in the arm, police said. The employee who fired the fatal shot was not hurt, police said.

On Wednesday, a 20-year-old man was arrested and two others are facing charges in connection with the incident.

Carlos Peyron was booked into the Pima County jail on charges of first-degree murder, attempted aggravated robbery, attempted armed robbery and kidnapping, said Sgt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson police spokesman. He is facing charges under the felony murder rule, which allows prosecutors to charge people with murder if someone dies during the commission of certain felonies.

Toney Stith, 26, and Anthony Peyron, 19, were wounded in the shootout and will face the same charges once they are released from the hospital, Pacheco said.

The man killed in the shooting was identified by police as Noah Lopez, 18.

The four men are all gang members, he said. Anthony and Carlos Peyron are brothers.

Police gave this description of the incident:

Four men went into M&M Customs, which sells and installs car alarms, at 3040 N. Stone Ave., a little after 7 p.m.

They confronted an employee, forcing him into the back office.

The shop's owner, who was in the office, pulled out a shotgun and fired, wounding Anthony Peyron.

The robbers tried to flee but encountered a locked door. Lopez turned to the business owner and shot him in the forearm.

The employee got a handgun from his tool kit and shot Lopez, who had turned his gun on the employee.

Lopez ran from the business and was found dead by police a short distance away. (He was found about 1 block north on Stone & Delano)

Stith was wounded in the lower extremities, while Carlos Peyron was hit in the back of the head with the stock of the shotgun.

The victims held the suspects at gunpoint until police officers arrived.

Two of the suspects had served time in Arizona Department of Corrections.

Stith was released from prison in March after serving about six years for armed robbery and aggravated robbery, according to state prison records.

Carlos Peyron had served about two years for aggravated assault.

The names of the shop's owner and employee were not released.

Contact reporter Jamar Younger at jyounger@azstarnet.com or call 573-4115.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;3403709 said:
The four men are all gang members, he said. Anthony and Carlos Peyron are brothers.

Gang members eh? I think I would be finding new employment after this. Gang members tend to be strong supporters of revenge.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
nyc;3403721 said:
Gang members eh? I think I would be finding new employment after this. Gang members tend to be strong supporters of revenge.

I thought the exact same thing when I read that sentence..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;3403721 said:

That is why if I were to open my own business it would have to be a donut shop at least I know I would have free security at my business. :laugh2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;3403742 said:
That is why if I were to open my own business it would have to be a donut shop at least I know I would have free security at my business. :laugh2:
So wrong but so funny.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3403742 said:

DonutShopCops.jpg

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Excellent news.

I am so proud of AZ. I wish more states had sacs like that state does.

I read today that AZ is fighting back against all the stupid boycott agendas coming from CA.

Now San Diego and LAX are crying because AZ is lashing back at its boycott and now Arizonans are calling to cancel plans for the summer.

Hotels and city businesses are complaining that this so called boycott on AZ is hurting them now because of all of the AZ cancelations.

Lets boycott AZ.

Wait now AZ is boycotting us

WAHHHHHHHHHHH they can't do that.....WAHHHHHHHHHHH

:laugh2:

Stupid Californians

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;3403861 said:
Excellent news.

I read today that AZ is fighting back against all the stupid boycott agendas coming from CA.

Now San Diego and LAX are crying because AZ is lashing back at its boycott and now Arizonans are calling to cancel plans for the summer.

Hotels and city businesses are complaining that this so called boycott on AZ is hurting them now because of all of the AZ cancelations.

Lets boycott AZ.

Stupid Californians

It's my least favorite state...by far. I wish it would break off and float away.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dallas;3403861 said:
Excellent news.

Lets boycott AZ.

Stupid Californians
:grin:

I love my state.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jon88;3403866 said:
It's my least favorite state...by far. I wish it would break off and float away.

It's only a matter of time.... ;)

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3403749 said:
More of this type of thing should happen.

Agreed.

Vigilante justice is neccessary because our current system fails far too much.

If anyone ever broke into my house, or harmed someone in my family, I would kill them or die trying.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;3403927 said:
Agreed.

Vigilante justice is neccessary because our current system fails far too much.

If anyone ever broke into my house, or harmed someone in my family, I would kill them or die trying.

Thing is ....its not vigilante justice.

You and those men have the right BY LAW to defend your property from others.

Nothing vigilante or against the Law about it.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
zrinkill;3403946 said:
Thing is ....its not vigilante justice.

You and those men have the right BY LAW to defend your property from others.

Nothing vigilante or against the Law about it.

This. It's not vigilante justice. If the shop owner had ventured into a crime-ridden area seeking gang members (a la Paul Kersey), he would then be engaging in vigilante justice.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Dallas;3403861 said:
Excellent news.

Lets boycott AZ.

Stupid Californians

Do you have the article reporting this? I would love to repost it on FB.:D

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3403954 said:
Do you have the article reporting this? I would love to repost it on FB.:D

LINK

San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel Following Boycott of State.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It embarrasses me that Texas (my home state that I love) does not have the cajones to take the same stance that Arizona is taking.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
zrinkill;3403958 said:
It embarrasses me that Texas (my home state that I love) does not have the cajones to take the same stance that Arizona is taking.

Well let it produce some positive, undeniable results and it will be much easier for other states to adopt. Kudos to Arizona for braving the criticism and taking what some think are radical steps to enforce some law.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
vta;3403956 said:
LINK

San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel Following Boycott of State.
Oh my gosh. We should consider their boycotts as "symbolic" but our boycotts are harmful?

Some people really don't have a clue. I love San Diego. It is far and away my favorite place in California. But as long as their city council boycotts my state I will support my fellow Arizonans boycotting their city. Kudos for fighting back.