Tucson Shop Owner & Employee Kill One Intruder, Wound Three

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3404319 said:
Florida is not that far from Houston.

Florida is the more expensive one though, but you do get four parks instead of just two and then there are the water parks.

Sea World in Orlando is not as good as the one in California. The dolphin show in San Diego is far better.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3404322 said:
California made their statement towards the people of Arizona and in my support for the people of Arizona I would like to turn the tables on California and boycott them. God knows they can't afford it as messed up as they are.

Californians are messed up?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3404425 said:
Florida is the more expensive one though, but you do get four parks instead of just two and then there are the water parks.

Sea World in Orlando is not as good as the one in California. The dolphin show in San Diego is far better.

I've been to the one in San Diego and I liked the one in San Antonio better.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
vta;3404647 said:
I think he means their economy.

All those stupid programs didn't work, and now they want us to help.

I like Arnold, but he inherited a mess created by a bunch of idiots who don't live in the real world.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
vta;3403956 said:
LINK

San Diego Faces Own Medicine as Arizona Residents Cancel Travel Following Boycott of State.

"We're in a very tough environment already because of everything else going on, and we don't need another negative impact to our industry," ConVis President Joe Terzi told the Union-Tribune. "This affects all the hardworking men and women who count on tourism for their livelihoods, so we’re saying, don't do something that hurts their livelihoods."
What? Didn't think about that when you boycotted Arizona? Hypocrites.

I think Arizona's economy is probably better equipped than California's to handle a boycott.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Hostile;3403709 said:
This happened while I was away this last week. This is literally about 4 blocks from my brother's house.

Armed shop owner, worker thwarted heist; 4 men ID'd

Jamar Younger Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:00 am

Four men who tried to rob a north-side auto shop Tuesday were thwarted when the store's owner pulled out a shotgun and an employee drew a handgun in a shootout that turned deadly for the robbers, police said.

One of the robbers was killed, the three others were injured and the shop's owner suffered a bullet wound in the arm, police said. The employee who fired the fatal shot was not hurt, police said.

On Wednesday, a 20-year-old man was arrested and two others are facing charges in connection with the incident.

Carlos Peyron was booked into the Pima County jail on charges of first-degree murder, attempted aggravated robbery, attempted armed robbery and kidnapping, said Sgt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson police spokesman. He is facing charges under the felony murder rule, which allows prosecutors to charge people with murder if someone dies during the commission of certain felonies.

Toney Stith, 26, and Anthony Peyron, 19, were wounded in the shootout and will face the same charges once they are released from the hospital, Pacheco said.

The man killed in the shooting was identified by police as Noah Lopez, 18.

The four men are all gang members, he said. Anthony and Carlos Peyron are brothers.

Police gave this description of the incident:

Four men went into M&M Customs, which sells and installs car alarms, at 3040 N. Stone Ave., a little after 7 p.m.

They confronted an employee, forcing him into the back office.

The shop's owner, who was in the office, pulled out a shotgun and fired, wounding Anthony Peyron.

The robbers tried to flee but encountered a locked door. Lopez turned to the business owner and shot him in the forearm.

The employee got a handgun from his tool kit and shot Lopez, who had turned his gun on the employee.

Lopez ran from the business and was found dead by police a short distance away. (He was found about 1 block north on Stone & Delano)

Stith was wounded in the lower extremities, while Carlos Peyron was hit in the back of the head with the stock of the shotgun.

The victims held the suspects at gunpoint until police officers arrived.

Two of the suspects had served time in Arizona Department of Corrections.

Stith was released from prison in March after serving about six years for armed robbery and aggravated robbery, according to state prison records.

Carlos Peyron had served about two years for aggravated assault.

The names of the shop's owner and employee were not released.

Contact reporter Jamar Younger at jyounger@azstarnet.com or call 573-4115.

But according to our local experts, the shop owner should have called 911 and waited. Or ran upstairs.

I don't need any vehicle alarms or whatnot, but I'd like to give that owner my business. Every time this happens, score one for the good guys.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3404947 said:
But according to our local experts, the shop owner should have called 911 and waited. Or ran upstairs.

I don't need any vehicle alarms or whatnot, but I'd like to give that owner my business. Every time this happens, score one for the good guys.
I may go there just to shake his hand.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3404972 said:
I may go there just to shake his hand.

My dad has done the same thing.

He's got a business that's around the inner city (basically in it).

He's told his employees, if someone comes into rob the place, hit the floor.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Good for the Shop Owner. He and his subordinate were well within their rights to use deadly force when they felt their lives was in danger.

As far as Arizona's newest law, let's put it like this, I don't plan on ever going there, but if I have too, I will make sure I have a Social Security Card, a Driver's License, Birth Certificate, Passport, 24 Hour Fitness Photo ID, Blockbuster Membership Card, Library Card, Gun Range Membership ID and some Utility Bills with my name on it :laugh2: .

The PZ has been closed (not that I care to debate it anyway as I don't live in AZ), so I will keep my thoughts limited to that and hope Texas doesn't implement any of these laws.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3404425 said:

You may be right but I'll be damned to give California 1 red cent of my money.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Looks like the Dallas City Council is thinking about moving against Arizona and I didn't know Austin already had:

Dallas City Council may explore protesting Arizona immigration law

07:51 AM CDT on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

By STEVE THOMPSON / The Dallas Morning News
sthompson@***BANNED-URL***

The protest against Arizona's new immigration law, which reached Dallas City Hall's doorstep during an immigration rally earlier this month, may soon find its way inside the City Council's chamber.

At least two council members want the city to make an official statement protesting Arizona's new law that allows officers to detain people they suspect are in the country illegally.

"It's basically to address the fact that these types of laws invite discrimination," council member Delia Jasso said.

She said Arizona's law also encourages police intimidation, diverts police resources and makes that state more vulnerable to crime.

Jasso said she has only begun crafting a memo on the subject. She stopped short of saying she would call for a city boycott of Arizona, as other cities across the country have done.

"I'll be talking with the city attorneys," she said. "I'll be talking to as many people as possible concerning what can be done here."

Council member Steve Salazar said he supports the idea and would also support some sort of boycott.

"I support not doing business in Arizona while this legislation is pending," Salazar said. "Legislation like Arizona's is not good for business."

It's not clear how other council members might weigh in and what version of the idea might eventually be put forward. Jasso said she hopes to speak with the mayor and other council members about it in coming days.

Last week, the Austin City Council passed a resolution ending most business-related travel to Arizona by city employees and asking the city manager to devise a plan to end city business and investments in the state.

Austin and Dallas have joined a list of cities that have taken or are considering stances against the Arizona law, including Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, St. Paul, Minn., and Boston.

On May 1, thousands of demonstrators opposed to the controversial law took to downtown Dallas, waving American flags and echoing chants, in a march that ended at City Hall.

One of those carrying an American flag was Lico Reyes, who is on the League of United Latin American Citizens' national civil rights commission. Reyes said that many LULAC members are lobbying their city governments to take positions against the Arizona law.

"We have a perception that this is mean-spirited and borders on racism and profiling, " Reyes said.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3405128 said:
Looks like the Dallas City Council is thinking about moving against Arizona and I didn't know Austin already had:

Of course they want open boarder policy isn't that right Mr. Reyes. Right now if a cop stops any of us for any reason the 1st thing they will ask for is identification if you are not a US citizen by law you must show documentation that is the current law of the land already All Arz is doing is allowing local officials to enforce the law since ICE can't seem to do it or just over whelmed. Looking at Arz and Fed law there is not much difference.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3405101 said:
Good for the Shop Owner. He and his subordinate were well within their rights to use deadly force when they felt their lives was in danger.

As far as Arizona's newest law, let's put it like this, I don't plan on ever going there, but if I have too, I will make sure I have a Social Security Card, a Driver's License, Birth Certificate, Passport, 24 Hour Fitness Photo ID, Blockbuster Membership Card, Library Card, Gun Range Membership ID and some Utility Bills with my name on it :laugh2: .

The PZ has been closed (not that I care to debate it anyway as I don't live in AZ), so I will keep my thoughts limited to that and hope Texas doesn't implement any of these laws.
I only have one comment on our law so that I too do not get political. I have a link to Mexico's immigration laws and they are FAR tougher than Arizona's.

Where are the boycotts of Mexico?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3405137 said:
Of course they want open boarder policy isn't that right Mr. Reyes. Right now if a cop stops any of us for any reason the 1st thing they will ask for is identification if you are not a US citizen by law you must show documentation that is the current law of the land already All Arz is doing is allowing local officials to enforce the law since ICE can't seem to do it or just over whelmed. Looking at Arz and Fed law there is not much difference.
It amazes me how few people actually grasp that. No boycotts of the Fed?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;3405229 said:
It amazes me how few people actually grasp that. No boycotts of the Fed?

I find it strange that those who support the bill have been labeled as racist yet the vast majority are also the same people who gave to the Haiti relief fund after the earthquake as well as giving to others around the world of all colors after disaster have happened.

All the majority wants is secured boarders. Those who wish to come here on a work visa or become a citizen I welcome them but when you have 100's of thousands crossing the border every year and the burden they place on the cities it is not right. It is not about race hell if we bordered on Sweden and was seeing 100’s of thousands entering most of us would be just as outraged

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3405226 said:
I only have one comment on our law so that I too do not get political. I have a link to Mexico's immigration laws and they are FAR tougher than Arizona's.

Where are the boycotts of Mexico?

Mexico's immigration laws are crazy, they are hypocrites for complaining about ours. However the fact remains that the last time I checked Mexico was not a state in the united states...New Mexico is not mexico.

Furthermore crying out where are the boycotts of mexico or heck add in Saudi Arabia or China or any other country that does things we might not like...does not matter when you are talking about a state in the United States of America.

Whether I agree with the law or not, I do know that it is in a State that is in MY country...I believed that we let other countries, for the most part, run their own governments and laws.