Twitter: Tuesday Training Camp Practice Updates

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
These joint practices are stupid. There are so many injuries happening to all the teams and now they want to increase injuries with these joint practices. Its just not worth it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It is crazy. In a game, players are worried about fines and penalties. In this environment, they can just let fly with whatever they want with little or no consequences.

If they're going to have this sort of thing, they need to do a better job of policing it somehow.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Jason Garrett on newly signed WR David Porter in today's presser courtesy David Helman:

“He got here, worked out at 11:30, practiced at 3:45 and by 4:30 had scored three touchdowns in practice,” Garrett said of Porter. “It was one of the great debuts I’ve ever seen in my life.”

“A lot of guys are on the street right now,” Garrett said. “When they get an opportunity, they get a phone call late at night and say, ‘Hey can you be in Oxnard, California, tomorrow for an 11:30 workout.’ And the guy says that I have these aspirations, I have these dreams to do this. But he’s not really ready for that opportunity. David clearly was.”

More Garrett: He came in, worked out well and integrated himself into a football practice in the NFL really quickly, and has done some good things in his short stay so far.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
So the less practicing, the less injuries there will be? Should all contact be suspended till the regular season? If you are one that is worried about being injured too soon during the "football season process," then why not wait to do contact until the super bowl?

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Jason Garrett on newly signed WR David Porter in today's presser courtesy David Helman:

More Garrett: He came in, worked out well and integrated himself into a football practice in the NFL really quickly, and has done some good things in his short stay so far.

That's an awesome story.....that's the type of underdog you can root for.

Bluefin

Reaction score
David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 12m12 minutes ago Ventura, CA
Stinger for Martin. Still being evaluated.

Drew Davison ‏@drewdavison 12m12 minutes ago
JJ Wilcox did get his helmet back. Doesn't know who retrieved it for him.

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 6m6 minutes ago
So the brawls shorten Rams practice by about 20 minutes. Nobody hurt.

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 6m6 minutes ago
Jeff Fisher says he canceled Weds. practice here because team is tired. Rams will have a walk-through Weds, visit nearby. . .

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 1m1 minute ago
Cowboys CB Tyler Patmon came out of fight with four red marks on his face:

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I must admit, every time I come onto Cowboyszone I get nervous that I am going to see a 10 page thread that wasn't there 2-3 hours earlier....the dreaded player injured thread. Even with that said, we have been very fortunate this far with no major injuries to starters.....knock on wood...cross fingers......5 Hail Mary's....the injuries that we are seeing now are the type that players woul play through when the season starts. I pray that it remains that way for the rest of the season.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Love Patmon.

That's a bad little dude!

Not only is he going to make the team again, but he's going to contribute big-time.

Give 'em hell, T!

Yes, this guy is a player. I never understood why it always takes the coaches and evaluators so long to see it. He should have been playing more last year.

The Natural

Reaction score
These joint practices are stupid. There are so many injuries happening to all the teams and now they want to increase injuries with these joint practices. Its just not worth it.
@AmericasTeam81 injuries are apart of the game but I'm in agreement with Reboot here, these sessions are pointless. I'd rather see a brawl on the field in a controlled atmosphere than in these practices. You see the proximity these guys are coming to the fans in these brawls, some of y'all won't be satisfied until something crazy happens. And I'm all about fisticuffs

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yes, this guy is a player. I never understood why it always takes the coaches and evaluators so long to see it. He should have been playing more last year.

I think he would have if he hadn't sprained his knee in the Jacksonville (I think) game. That slowed him down and kept Dallas from going to their Dime as much later in the season.

conner01

Reaction score
Love Patmon.

That's a bad little dude!

Not only is he going to make the team again, but he's going to contribute big-time.

Give 'em hell, T!

He has really grown on me
For a cb, having that fight in you is important
They have to deal with all the diva wr's
Good player with a nice chip on his shoulder

Bluefin

Reaction score
Nate Newton on positives from Monday's practice from today's Talkin' Cowboys.

Morris Claiborne in one on ones against Kenny Britt, they went at each other 4 times, Britt got Mo for a TD on a straight arrow to the corner, that's 'cause Mo wasn't as physical as he needs to be, the other 3 plays he was very physical, tight coverage.

Nate heard Claiborne in an interview admit he thought the NFL was all about athleticism when he got drafted, after two years of injuries and not being able to use his athletic ability, he found the film room, and now he understands.

That prompted Nate to watch some film on Mo, who has learned a lot, he's closing quicker, he's learning to read routes and have an idea of what's going on, that was a big positive in Nate's opinion.

Mickey chimed in with, after the knee surgeries, this is the best Claiborne has felt in years, maybe since he got here, it's like he has shutdown speed again, like he can close, where before he couldn't push off because the knee was always bothersome, I noticed he had a good day yesterday.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He has really grown on me
For a cb, having that fight in you is important
They have to deal with all the diva wr's
Good player with a nice chip on his shoulder

It is how he made the 53 last year, and how good players get missed even in modern day scouting.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Dan Turner ‏@dtsturner 13m13 minutes ago
Just seen the Zack Martin injury. Seemed to fall forward head-first into a full-speed TJ McDonald. Head was knocked back on impact

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 10m10 minutes ago
Tommy Lasorda said this year's Cowboys team will be better than 12-4 one last year. Said Dez Bryant definitely was robbed on non-catch.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 3m3 minutes ago
Dez Bryant took a shot to the face, via @arnoldpayne. Commentary from @clarencehilljr pic.twitter.com/InXa1hNCjp
6:26 PM - 18 Aug 2015 · Details
View media

Drew Davison ‏@drewdavison 45s45 seconds ago
Bad idea for Patmon to get involved w/o a helmet? "Man, we're just out there. All you're thinking about his having your teammates back."

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't know how to take this quote from Romo:

Tony Romo on progressions: "I think the real gift of playing the quarterback position is, for me, getting through five guys in 1.3 seconds."

lol
it sounded arrogant--which we know he is not at all. But it did make me laugh.

I mean...it's true. He's become masterful with his reads. But it sounded un-Tony like the way it was worded.