Tweet of the day from Bob Sturm

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
totally agree
Sturm nailed it. He gave them a nice mirror to look into.

Small point to be made here friends...

We endured Romo's growing pains in the same way we are now enduring Dak's. The main difference is we are watching Dak's unfold on the field. We watched Romo's unfold as he sat behind a mummified Bledslug for 3 years.

Same difference and Dak deserves the same full 3 years Romo got.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
A road win, as any win is hard to get. So they did not kill them today against a bad defense. So what. They won.

And can’t say we won’t win if we get to the playoffs. It worked for Eli and NY twice when they barely it made it,to the playoffs. And that is too far away to say how teams will be playing.
Especially if Irving gets healthy and has a great 4-5 game run to help take the defense to another level

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sturm nailed it. He gave them a nice mirror to look into.

Small point to be made here friends...

We endured Romo's growing pains in the same way we are now enduring Dak's. The main difference is we are watching Dak's unfold on the field. We watched Romo's unfold as he sat behind a mummified Bledslug for 3 years.

Same difference and Dak deserves the same full 3 years Romo got.

Point acknowledged.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Especially if Irving gets healthy and has a great 4-5 game run to help take the defense to another level

Don't stop there...add in a healthy set of defensive tackles, Lee, and Thomas. Then four of the last 6 games are at home!

Jumbo075

Reaction score

I 100% agree with Sturm.

So, yesterday I finished reading the print version of "The Bourne Identity." Super good book that is 100 times better than the Matt Damon movie. In the movie, Damon was an anti-hero, a trained assassin who killed the wrong person. The only similarity with the book is the Bourne name, and the lost memory. The movie illegitimately rewrote the entire plot to be something else entirely. I highly recommend the book, but wouldn't recommend the movie at all.

Questions: Did the Cowboys play yesterday? How did they do? Have they broken the .500 barrier? Is the offense still anemic and boring?

Don't bother answering. I'm off to read another mystery novel.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
A road win, as any win is hard to get. So they did not kill them today against a bad defense. So what. They won.

And can’t say we won’t win if we get to the playoffs. It worked for Eli and NY twice when they barely it made it,to the playoffs. And that is too far away to say how teams will be playing.

This!!! The Giants were, what, 9-7 the one season they won the Super Bowl? It's all about heating up at the right time. Does this team have that in them? Possibly.

Last edited:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any wins against teams over .500?

This offensive scheme quite simply cannot help us v the good teams.
You can spout rhetoric all day long about keeping the ball out if drew brees(as an example) hands but 14 yard drives that end un 3 points just don't cut it against those teams no matter how good our D is....

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
I 100% agree with Sturm.

So, yesterday I finished reading the print version of "The Bourne Identity." Super good book that is 100 times better than the Matt Damon movie. In the movie, Damon was an anti-hero, a trained assassin who killed the wrong person. The only similarity with the book is the Bourne name, and the lost memory. The movie illegitimately rewrote the entire plot to be something else entirely. I highly recommend the book, but wouldn't recommend the movie at all.

Questions: Did the Cowboys play yesterday? How did they do? Have they broken the .500 barrier? Is the offense still anemic and boring?

Don't bother answering. I'm off to read another mystery novel.
Excellent book. Keep reading Ludlum. He is an awesome author. Try the Matarese Circle.

With our shrinking collective attention span, and love of 30-second online videos (guilty as charges), we have lost the art of curling up with a good novel and getting lost in our imaginations.

Kudos to you, Jumbo!

75boyz

Reaction score
Going 9-7, winning the East, and getting smoked by the Rams or Saints in the postseason would be my absolute worst nightmare.

Winning the East has become the standard for success in Dallas. I find that quite pathetic.

Well said. And probably the "BEST case scenario for this year's team. AND most likely outcome if it were to play out this way. It's just so hard to even live in the moment with this team when you know the eventual realities of the team's ceiling is a one game playoff appearance and being sent home.

And then to "embrace it as the norm" all the while keeping the same coach just further justifies the impatience of the fan base.

If ever there were an organization that literally represents insanity by expecting different results after doing something the same way over and over again, it's this franchise.

I mean, with things as they appear now, with keeping this same owner...
I'll take any kinda flukey, never to be heard from again, Cinderella type gift season from God to hoist a 6th Lombardi. The only thing I probably would not embrace is winning a ring on a referee's call. I've never been good with that. Just me. Anything else is fair game and with all the luck that would be needed too, just historically, never seems to goes our way either.

Welcome to Cowboy fanhood reality.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'll never be so down about the Cowboys, where I won't allow myself to enjoy a win and immediately look for something to put a negative twist on a win and be a "Debbie Downer" like some Cowboys fans seem to do after wins recently.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
While he is 100% right that we should be enjoying an upcoming Thanksgiving game against the skins for 1st place in the east, it’s hard not to realize that the team likely isn’t good enough to do anything should they make the playoffs. I think that’s takes some of the enjoyment away. If Thursday’s game was between a couple of 7 or 8 win teams, the excitement and enjoyment would be as high as it’s ever been it quite some time.

The Cowboys perhaps, won't be good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs or get past the Saints/Rams. However, the clear cut regular season favorite to go right through the playoffs and get to the Superbowl (Like the Saints seem to be this season) doesn't end up always getting there. And we have seen multiple times how a wild card team and a lower seeded team can come in, get hot, and beat Number one and Two seeds.

So, one can't always predict what will happen in the playoffs.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We have the most fans.

It’s only natural we have a large number of *** holes.

But, we have more “supportive” fans or homers or whatever supposed derogatory term the unhappy like to use to describe us.

By definition there is one fan that is a better fan than the other. Somehow that makes them angry too :cool:

Blitzen

Reaction score

LOL at anyone that takes heart in this. A guy that is paid several hundred thousands of dollars per year to cover the Cowboys and generate talk and coverage about the team says he doesn't like the fans that thumb their nose at mediocrity and lack of playoff success. Boo hoo.

Who cares what other fans think or say about the team they support? If you have issues with others that are critical or too critical and negative of the team or players for your taste, just block them all or create a new forum.

nhcowboyfan

Reaction score
I'll never be so down about the Cowboys, where I won't allow myself to enjoy a win and immediately look for something to put a negative twist on a win and be a "Debbie Downer" like some Cowboys fans seem to do after wins recently.
I appreciate your optimism. Yesterday, my wife awakened me to the fact that I was becoming that fan who could not find joy in a Cowboys victory. She scolded me hours after the game stating that I get angry, despondent and moody when they lose, and angry, despondent and moody when they win. Have some of us become so cynical that we have to nitpick and parse every element of the game? The claim is that we should have laid 30+ points against them because they had one of the worse defenses in the NFL. Having had some time to ruminate about the game, we should appreciate this win. Consider, that yesterday's game was the Falcons season. They were in desperation mode, similar to where we were a week earlier against the Eagles. Desperate teams are very difficult to beat, especially when they are playing at home. Was the win perfect? Absolutely not, but remember we were facing one of the better offenses with a compromised DL, and in the end we got the job done. This Thursday, I will be cheering for our Cowboys to beat the Commanders.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I appreciate your optimism. Yesterday, my wife awakened me to the fact that I was becoming that fan who could not find joy in a Cowboys victory. She scolded me hours after the game stating that I get angry, despondent and moody when they lose, and angry, despondent and moody when they win. Have some of us become so cynical that we have to nitpick and parse every element of the game? The claim is that we should have laid 30+ points against them because they had one of the worse defenses in the NFL. Having had some time to ruminate about the game, we should appreciate this win. Consider, that yesterday's game was the Falcons season. They were in desperation mode, similar to where we were a week earlier against the Eagles. Desperate teams are very difficult to beat, especially when they are playing at home. Was the win perfect? Absolutely not, but remember we were facing one of the better offenses with a compromised DL, and in the end we got the job done. This Thursday, I will be cheering for our Cowboys to beat the Commanders.

The OTHER option is to realize you no longer enjoy watching the Cowboys' games, and then go find something more enjoyable or productive to do with your time.