Tweet of the day from Bob Sturm

acer941

Reaction score
I think some of the people are not being overly negative and actually just being realistic about it.

We are one of the bottom few teams along with Arizona & Bills that hasn’t scored above 28 Points more than once.

We haven’t beat a team with a winning Record yet.

Dak Prescott is in the same group as the 1st Round QB’s drafted this year, in Yards, TD’s & TO’s(Fumbles/Int’s). (For those that don’t know, this isn’t a good position to be in.)

Now are these negative statements or Facts?

These Statistics don’t bring a lot of sunshine & Hope to the fans, because it carries with it a bad premonition on the future. Because we know how it turns out for teams who have statistics like this.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
While he is 100% right that we should be enjoying an upcoming Thanksgiving game against the skins for 1st place in the east, it’s hard not to realize that the team likely isn’t good enough to do anything should they make the playoffs. I think that’s takes some of the enjoyment away. If Thursday’s game was between a couple of 7 or 8 win teams, the excitement and enjoyment would be as high as it’s ever been it quite some time.
Nobody thought NY would beat the pats, or even go that far.

You never know.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think some of the people are not being overly negative and actually just being realistic about it.

We are one of the bottom few teams along with Arizona & Bills that hasn’t scored above 28 Points more than once.

We haven’t beat a team with a winning Record yet.

Dak Prescott is in the same group as the 1st Round QB’s drafted this year, in Yards, TD’s & TO’s(Fumbles/Int’s). (For those that don’t know, this isn’t a good position to be in.)

Now are these negative statements or Facts?

These Statistics don’t bring a lot of sunshine & Hope to the fans, because it carries with it a bad premonition on the future. Because we know how it turns out for teams who have statistics like this.
This is exactly the kind of stupidity he was talking about, lol.
Exactly one thing you posted was FACT.

But let's break it down.
We are 5-5 and Buff. ARIZ COMBINE for 5 wins.

But scoring tho...
DAL is 25th. Not good but hardly 31st or 32nd, LOL.
DAL averages over 20 per game. Buff is a TD per game less. ARIZ is 5 points per game less.
They also average 24.5 which would be good for 15th since trading for Cooper.
AND THEY DO SO WITH LESS POSSESSIONS THAN OTHER TEAMS.
That point was hilariously bad CAUSE LIES .. AND MATH.

that hasn’t scored above 28 Points more than once.
ROFL.. exactly how many teams did you research for that pulled outta thin air number?
You know who else has bested 28 only once? Philly AND THE SKINS.
dummy.

Dak Prescott is in the same group as the 1st Round QB’s drafted this year, in Yards, TD’s & TO’s(Fumbles/Int’s).
LOL. Lies. Dak has 150 more passing yards than ANY rookie QB.
He is 60 yards behind Russell Wilson? Is that bad?

TDs:
Dak 16 --which puts him 16th overall.
Baker has 13 --which puts him 22nd as highest among rookies.

Turnovers.
Dak has 9. 5 INT and 4 fumbles lost.
The only rookie who is near that total is Josh Allen who has 200 less passes because he's been hurt.

Those are neither negative statement nor facts.
They are nonsense. Complete and utter made up drivel.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you have to feel like you are a Super Bowl contender every week of every year to enjoy the team you are a frontrunner, not a fan.
You are also a child.

DAL is currently competing for 1st place TOMORROW and there are some complete wastrels hating on them because they don't score style points or look set to beat the Rams or Saints.

They were playing like trash at 3-5 and did something about it with the Cooper trade.
Folks are gonna look real foolish if they win tomorrow and are in first place on a 3 game winning streak.

The Chiefs and Rams have both lost games since DAL has BTW.

acer941

Reaction score
If you have to feel like you are a Super Bowl contender every week of every year to enjoy the team you are a frontrunner, not a fan.
You are also a child.

DAL is currently competing for 1st place TOMORROW and there are some complete wastrels hating on them because they don't score style points or look set to beat the Rams or Saints.

They were playing like trash at 3-5 and did something about it with the Cooper trade.
Folks are gonna look real foolish if they win tomorrow and are in first place on a 3 game winning streak.

The Chiefs and Rams have both lost games since DAL has BTW.

What I said still stands firm, the statistic’s that you have shown, don’t give a good premonition for the future of this season. Being in the bottom half of the LG in the most crucial stat, Scoring. My provided Stat’s were off & i’ll Admit that. But it’s not like they were off by that big of a margin.

Also the other teams you brought up One is 4-6 & the other is 6-3 which i’ll Give you is a winning Record...

Having 150 Passing Yards above those rookie QB’s at Week11 of the season is basically the same as being in the same group.

With the way you insulted me & All caps your words. I thought you had some groundbreaking new information to correct my statements but apparently not.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The thing that has bothered me about this forum and some fans is the complete disrespect from our defense.

Yes our offense was flat for most of the game and yes the Falcons were sub 500 but...

They were favored and that offense is amongst the best in the league, especially in the dome.

That was one of the most competent defensive performances in years.
Yes, but like a lot of times when this franchise has some measure of success, people flip to the extreme.

This defense is playing well for the most part. They have a lot of promise.

But they are most certainly, absolutely not a top defense in this league.

To do that, they would be producing turnovers.

They are not. That is just the end of the story. They are good enough to win.

But that doesn't stop people from mentioning "dominance" and that is just idiotic.

Gator88

Reaction score
Yes, but like a lot of times when this franchise has some measure of success, people flip to the extreme.

This defense is playing well for the most part. They have a lot of promise.

But they are most certainly, absolutely not a top defense in this league.

To do that, they would be producing turnovers.

They are not. That is just the end of the story. They are good enough to win.

But that doesn't stop people from mentioning "dominance" and that is just idiotic.
Dallas has had a decade plus of generally terrible defenses to be fair. They aren't dominant, but it's just been so long that Dallas has had a good defense, that people are overreacting.

Alexander

Reaction score
Dallas has had a decade plus of generally terrible defenses to be fair. They aren't dominant, but it's just been so long that Dallas has had a good defense, that people are overreacting.
Of course.

That still does not excuse imbeciles for their hyperbole.

This is the first functional defense since Phillips got knifed in the back and driven out of town by Garrett. And that defense closed out a playoff run with two consecutive shutouts to end their season.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While he is 100% right that we should be enjoying an upcoming Thanksgiving game against the skins for 1st place in the east, it’s hard not to realize that the team likely isn’t good enough to do anything should they make the playoffs. I think that’s takes some of the enjoyment away. If Thursday’s game was between a couple of 7 or 8 win teams, the excitement and enjoyment would be as high as it’s ever been it quite some time.

Yeah you should fart in the general direction of Sturm if you have any regard for what the Cowboys are supposed to be. The nerve to try to chastise fans because they aren't excited about this embarrassing division race.

We want to win titles, Bob. Not backdoor the playoffs with a hollow division title and no chance to be competitive.

Verdict

Reaction score
Gotta admit bro, those 2 sorry Giant squads who epitomize the mantra "got hot at the right time" make me ill every time I think of She LIE and his 2 rings...
Literally 2 of the worst squads to ever win it all and to make matters worse, they beat the closest thing to a modern day dynasty of GOAT QB AND GOAT coach.

It's like we never ever ever get the lucky breaks, ball bounces or refs calls to align for one fluke season much less 2.
I despise those 2 fluke miracles more than anything.

It will bother you a lot less if we end up with the next one!

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah you should fart in the general direction of Sturm if you have any regard for what the Cowboys are supposed to be. The nerve to try to chastise fans because they aren't excited about this embarrassing division race.

We want to win titles, Bob. Not backdoor the playoffs with a hollow division title and no chance to be competitive.

Is "we" you and the mouse in your pocket? Many of us will be happy with a division title and much happier if we achieve more than that.

Alexander

Reaction score
Is "we" you and the mouse in your pocket? Many of us will be happy with a division title and much happier if we achieve more than that.
Define "happy"?

Do I want that? Sure.

But another one and done and a continuing syndrome of the leadership taking that small step, sitting on their laurels and saying the "roster is set" and they just need a little better luck next year is not exactly something that makes my toes curl.

A lot of people really need to get that their own level of excitement over even small measures of success is wasted due to our leadership.

They would cherish a playoff berth. It is a "chance" in the tournament. And a loss, is oh well, no big deal.

There would be little to no anger if this was an 8-8 or 9-7 NFC East champion and what amounts to a squeaky insignificant fart in the playoffs. That is the real problem with how this organization is run.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Even after the loss to Dallas the Falcons have the NFLs 4TH ranked passing attack. That was a quality win.

CCBoy

Reaction score
0a1aad100b3570d0d7d5dd05ad78b6f1--dallas-cowboys.jpg

f3d45b57e3b28534b64289dcbee54903--cowboys-football-football-team.jpg

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Define "happy"?

Do I want that? Sure.

But another one and done and a continuing syndrome of the leadership taking that small step, sitting on their laurels and saying the "roster is set" and they just need a little better luck next year is not exactly something that makes my toes curl.

A lot of people really need to get that their own level of excitement over even small measures of success is wasted due to our leadership.

They would cherish a playoff berth. It is a "chance" in the tournament. And a loss, is oh well, no big deal.

There would be little to no anger if this was an 8-8 or 9-7 NFC East champion and what amounts to a squeaky insignificant fart in the playoffs. That is the real problem with how this organization is run.

Yeah there'd be some satisfaction winning the division if only to prevent your rivals from doing it but other than that it just feels insignificant. It's not going to lead to anything. If anything, it's counterproductive.