Two idiot defensive ends probably cost us Ezekiel Elliott and a dominating run game

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I don't understand what people mean when they say we need LBer upgrades. Granted I wouldn't take a Vegas wager Lee and/or McClain play the entire season... But when healthy it'd one of the top combos in all of football.

Depth that would mirror their impacts or at least cover for their loss? I like both players too (one when healthy, and one when he he's in shape/avoiding suspension). Own a Lee jersey:D

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This goes back over the last 10 seasons. In parentheses is the number of playoff wins for the team that season.

These teams led the NFL in Passer Rating Differential for the season listed.

Playoff wins: 18
2015 Seattle (1)
2014 Green Bay (1)
2013 Seattle (3)
2012 Green Bay (1)

2011 Green Bay
2010 Green Bay (4)
2009 New Orleans (3)
2008 Baltimore (2)
2007 New England (2)
2006 Philadelphia (1)

These teams' RB led the NFL in Rushing Yards for the season listed.

Playoff wins: 3
2015 Minnesota
2014 Dallas (1)
2013 Philadelphia
2012 Minnesota
2011 Jacksonville
2010 Houston
2009 Tennessee
2008 Minnesota
2007 San Diego (2)
2006 San Diego

Don't look at who lead the league in rushing but what team as a whole was rushing. ....ex. 2014 Murray lead the league in rushing but Seattle lead the league in total rushing.......they went to the superbowl that year

manster4ever

Reaction score
I don't see Elliott as any better of a running back than Melvin Gordon. Yet, somehow, he's supposed to be the "cornerstone" of our franchise? Pshh, please.

I'm with you on Elliott.

ZElliott is overrated. But Melvin GORDON? Easy man.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
ZElliott is overrated. But Melvin GORDON? Easy man.

If you remember, Gordon was getting Zeke type hype last off-season, also. Some of the same posters pounding the table for Zeke this year were doing the same for Gordon last year (knowing that Gurley wouldn't fall to us).

Don't get me wrong, man. Zeke is a solid football player but this hype is beyond stupid. The ONLY time you get geeked about a running back as much as some here are is if that guy is the next Adrian Peterson. Zeke ain't even close to that. He's a hell of a lot closer to Gordon than he is Peterson.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Don't look at who lead the league in rushing but what team as a whole was rushing.
Sure, whatever.

League leader team rushing yards
Playoff wins: 5
2015 Bills
2014 Seahawks (2)
2013 Eagles
2012 Commanders
2011 Broncos (1)
2010 Cheifs
2009 Jets (2)
2008 Giants
2007 Vikings
2006 Falcons

BHendri5

Reaction score
If you remember, Gordon was getting Zeke type hype last off-season, also. Some of the same posters pounding the table for Zeke this year were doing the same for Gordon last year (knowing that Gurley wouldn't fall to us).

Don't get me wrong, man. Zeke is a solid football player but this hype is beyond stupid. The ONLY time you get geeked about a running back as much as some here are is if that guy is the next Adrian Peterson. Zeke ain't even close to that. He's a hell of a lot closer to Gordon than he is Peterson.

Are you serious? Gordon is not even close to Elliot.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Are you serious? Gordon is not even close to Elliot.

My point was the hype. Go back and look at the threads from last year about how Gordon could be our savior. The next corner stone. A beast behind this line.

Same thing happening here. Elliott is going to be a solid back in this league. A savior he is not. Just like Gordon.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Sure, whatever.

League leader team rushing yards
Playoff wins: 5
2015 Bills
2014 Seahawks (2)
2013 Eagles
2012 Commanders
2011 Broncos (1)
2010 Cheifs
2009 Jets (2)
2008 Giants
2007 Vikings
2006 Falcons

Keep slapping them down with facts and they'll keep moving the goal posts. I'm with Idgit. At some point, the only explanation is wilful ignorance.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If you remember, Gordon was getting Zeke type hype last off-season, also.

This is absolutely false.

The "hype" was people wanting to get a runner to continue what we started with Murray. Gordon just happened to be one of the top ranked running backs.

Nobody, not posters here, nor pundits were saying the same things about Melvin Gordon that they are now about Elliott.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Depth that would mirror their impacts or at least cover for their loss? I like both players too (one when healthy, and one when he he's in shape/avoiding suspension). Own a Lee jersey:D

Depth that would mirror McClain and Lee?

Come on man.

Lee in my estimation is the best linebacker in football.

McClain when healthy would start for any team in the National Football League.

If you have depth that mirrors that talent you've over invested in lbs.

DTown214

Reaction score
Apparently you believe the 4-5 year Romo proclamation.

More like 2-3, maybe 4 years but yes.

It's not that I'm 100% sold on our chances of winning a championship with Romo (assuming he's healthy)... but if my options are going all out these next few seasons (spending $ in free agency, drafting players that can contribute now) or blowing it up (conservative spending, building for the future)... I'm taking option A all day. There might be a 10% chance or less of us winning a title with strategy... but going the other route decreases those odds and could send us into a rebuild mode where we aren't competitive again for another 6-7 years. Because after Romo is gone in 3 years or so, it'll still take a few more years for a young QB like Wentz or Goff to develop.

I mean I get it, QB is the most important position and all that but yes... I do still believe in Romo

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Depth that would mirror McClain and Lee?

Come on man.

Lee in my estimation is the best linebacker in football.

McClain when healthy would start for any team in the National Football League.

If you have depth that mirrors that talent you've over invested in lbs.

My point was you can't rely on them to contribute throughout the season and even a playoff run. Stability is the problem, not the talent. Like I said, I like both players and am okay with our LB corps with everything being perfect; no major injury and suspension/fitness/attitude issues.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

This is absolutely false.

The "hype" was people wanting to get a runner to continue what we started with Murray. Gordon just happened to be one of the top ranked running backs.

Nobody, not posters here, nor pundits were saying the same things about Melvin Gordon that they are now about Elliott.

Gordon was coming off an injury. Maybe that's why.

Manster68

Reaction score
At #4 you HAVE to take "Best Player Available!"
Even if Laremy Tunsil is there at #4 - if he is your highest rated player - then do not pass him up.

Never draft for need - you always end up reaching.

CCBoy

Reaction score
At #4 you HAVE to take "Best Player Available!"
Even if Laremy Tunsil is there at #4 - if he is your highest rated player - then do not pass him up.

Never draft for need - you always end up reaching.

Oh, we all would really be crying about an offensive line of Smith, Collins, Fitzgerald, Martin, and Tunsil....for the next ten seasons. :)