Two things that have me bummed about this draft

Reaction score
1. The draft is far from over.

2. WR wasn't a big need. Most didn't expect a WR in the first three rounds.
As the great Bill Parcels said, "You build your team from the inside out". There's no sense in upgrading the receivers and backs when your line sucks. You can't even get a decent evaluation on your skill players if your line sucks. Fix that first, then figure out if your backs are any good.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Yes. But it does not mean a position is ignored if a team utilizes 57% of the draft left to draft a player at that position, now does it?
Saying 57 percent of the draft is left is like having a $20 and a $1 in your wallet, you spend the $20, but you say I still have 50% of my money left because I have 1 of the 2 bills left.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. The draft is far from over.

2. WR wasn't a big need. Most didn't expect a WR in the first three rounds.
Its pretty much over for us. This class after 120 is historically weak. Most players at that point will have UDFA grades. Odds of us getting a player that will ever be a contributor are not very good

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Saying 57 percent of the draft is left is like having a $20 and a $1 in your wallet, you spend the $20, but you say I still have 50% of my money left because I have 1 of the 2 bills left.
Interesting analogy. And an accurate one.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Its called statistical probability.............................Our next pick is in the bottom of the 5th round.

Go look at every RB drafted in rounds 5-7 and then look at all the RBs drafted in rounds 1-4 and see which group produces the most starters.

Its like QB, sure you can hit on a Tom Brady in the 6th round but almost every starting QB in the NFL is drafted before the 6th round. That is why you saw 6 QBs all go in the first 12 picks last night and not a single QB tonight.
Haha, This is why they call Jerry the wild cat oil gambler when it comes to QB, he is the long shot player. He lives in the dice throwing bottom half of the statistics . He is the bad beat player of the NFL. And it's why winning the playoffs are not likely with a pathological gambler as the owner.

Chasing6

Reaction score
1. We have not taken a RB.

Who knows who will be there very late in the 5th. My guess is that the front office believes that their focus on the oline will allow any RB to be effective.

2. Missed out on a lot if talented WRs.

I like the Bebe pick at 73, but I would have loved if we got Roman Wilson. Can't remember if he went right before us, but wouldn't have minded a trade up using next year's capital to get him. RW reminds me of Tyler Lockett. I think he's going to be good for a very long time.
Well I don't believe we have been losing games due to a lack of skills players. We have been getting physically dominated.

Still some good RB's available. Some people had Jaylen Wright as RB1 this draft.

We would definitely need to trade up to go it him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do realize we don't pick again until the very end of the 5th round, right?

And we only have one more pick in the 6th round after that.
Yes I realize it. Doesn't mean the Cowboys are going to sit there all day and do nothing but wait for their turn to make a pick either.

Eddie

Reaction score
Has the RB position devalued this much or are we simply taking positions of higher need?

Will there be any starting quality RB's in the 5th ???

Chasing6

Reaction score
Has the RB position devalued this much or are we simply taking positions of higher need?

Will there be any starting quality RB's in the 5th ???
Still 7 good players left, so I think it has dropped significantly. Top FA RB's got $10M. WR looking for $30M.

RB's are in front of Kickers and Punters.

Unless they are great receivers.

Gambit

Reaction score
1. 53% percent left.
2. No, your analogy is so far off from the reality of the situation it demonstrates clearly that agenda over ability to think at all times for some.
3. 4 Yes 4 of RB in this draft have been drafted. That leaves a whole lot more that have not been drafted. And unlike some of you, there will be teams who actually draft players beyond 3 and 4 rounds with hope a player can help them win.

Good grief

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
1. 53% percent left.
2. No, your analogy is so far off from the reality of the situation it demonstrates clearly that agenda over ability to think at all times for some.
3. 4 Yes 4 of RB in this draft have been drafted. That leaves a whole lot more that have not been drafted. And unlike some of you, there will be teams who actually draft players beyond 3 and 4 rounds with hope a player can help them win.

Good grief
lol ok carry on.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I'm not. But I am unequivocally saying talent not only can be, but historically has been shown to come from every round.

I'm trying to understand your position better, please explain why drafting any player at all matters after 3 rounds.

I'm using 3 rounds because only 4 RBs have been taken in 3 rounds and you seemingly are saying we ignored the position for an entire draft after just 3 rounds.
Our next pick is a very late 5th (barring a trade). I don't think Dallas will find a quality back that late, but it's certainly happened. The chances of it are low. This team has almost nothing at RB now, so it's a strong need.

Why draft any player after round 3? You can hit in later rounds, but the chances decrease. What chances can you afford to take? A team cannot count of finding a quality starter very late in the 5th round- and Dallas desperately needs a starting caliber RB. No player will handle the ball more other than the QB.

Gambit

Reaction score
Our next pick is a very late 5th (barring a trade). I don't think Dallas will find a quality back that late, but it's certainly happened. The chances of it are low. This team has almost nothing at RB now, so it's a strong need.

Why draft any player after round 3? You can hit in later rounds, but the chances decrease. What chances can you afford to take? A team cannot count of finding a quality starter very late in the 5th round- and Dallas desperately needs a starting caliber RB. No player will handle the ball more other than the QB.
And all those words do nothing to support a claim that a position has been ignored through 43% of a draft.

This is not difficult.

Gambit

Reaction score

There is 57% of draft to still be played out and it could be a trade happens to move up. Not like that is such a novel concept.

Creeper

Reaction score
Anyone who thought they could fix everything in the draft wasn't paying attention. They had too many holes to fill. OT, C, RB, DT, LB, DE, and WR. And keep in mind they lost 2 DEs, and 2 DTs so drafting one only partially solves the problem.

Some people are questioning the Kneeland pick, but after losing Fowler and Armstrong to Free Agency, who are the DEs? Sam Williams and DLaw. Golston is playing his last year in Dallas IMO. Fehoko is probably going to move inside if he even makes the team. Either way, the Cowboys left themselves with too many problems to solve for 1 draft.

Also keep in mind, even if these players they draft will be good some day, they will most likely need a year or two to develop. Remember Biadasz's first year when he got bullied into the backfield by bigger stronger DTs? It takes a minute to adjust.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
And all those words do nothing to support a claim that a position has been ignored through 43% of a draft.

This is not difficult.
Is it really 43% though? Take the draft value chart, add up the points Dallas has used, and the points Dallas has left. On that basis the draft is almost over.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. We have not taken a RB.

Who knows who will be there very late in the 5th. My guess is that the front office believes that their focus on the oline will allow any RB to be effective.

2. Missed out on a lot if talented WRs.

I like the Bebe pick at 73, but I would have loved if we got Roman Wilson. Can't remember if he went right before us, but wouldn't have minded a trade up using next year's capital to get him. RW reminds me of Tyler Lockett. I think he's going to be good for a very long time.
You do realize there's still 3 very highly rated running backs on the board the big board they were supposed to go before round 3 and they're still there I mean one of them or even two of them are the ones that fans would have liked Alan the guy from Notre Dame and you got the guy from Kentucky ohh really good running backs and you know the Kansas city's rolling with the seventh round running back right back-to-back Super Bowls you're worried about the draft that hasn't ended yet the fact that we could get a street free agent and they're gonna make trades they're gonna make moves for more veterans after the draft that's their MO bro I mean have you not been around they will get guys like they did in the years past like last year they went out and got Gilmore cooks and hankins they will do something similar once they know where their holes are going into training camp so before then they will get more bodies in here...

I would love one of those 3 running backs you're right I hope they get one of them maybe they move up and grab whoever it is which I believe brooks might have been the number one prospect on the board but I did not want him because of his red flag injuries I don't know what other ones went I can't even remember hearing running backs going off the board but there weren't very many running backs have been like this in in the past they're not going high they're slipping further and further and by the way there's some really good undrafted free agents that are in the Hall of Fame so don't give up on running back they're gonna get one they're not counting on Zeke I know everyone thinks that he's just gonna be an addition a role player...

Lastly I've been telling everybody for weeks the Cowboys do not have a wide receiver on their radar because we actually have a wide receiver room that has one of the best wide receivers in the league he was the top receiver last year in the NFC he was pretty close to being the best outside of hill and you're worried about who the rest of them are cooks will be better this year in this offense and yeah we might need to develop tolbert or bring in another veteran and they're going to do something like that again they heavy MO that once the draft ends is when they get more active in free agency and there's more veterans out there to be had there was even trade rumors for the guy in Trey burks with the Titans or whatever his name is I don't really want him here or they might even bring back Gallup but you're worried about guys who are not going to get that many targets they literally going to go to CD, cooks ,& Ferguson the rest of it they're guys getting eat crumbs I don't know what you think but you don't need a #3 wide receiver that bad why worry about it? I truly don't understand why fans worry about who the number three at any position is I know we need some depth but that's not the way the 90s teams were set up they literally had the big three and that should be our focus is running the ball better this year but who's the number three wide receiver or the backup tight end who cares who cares right now until it becomes a need....