Two things that have me bummed about this draft

CampJR

Reaction score
I said it after last draft, and I'll say it after this one- ignoring the RB position was an absolute failure.
How good is a RB without an Oline? Shoring up Oline is a bigger need and positively impacts the RB position more than anything else. It’s not a deep RB class and after brooks/benson it seems to be a dropoff and even those 2 don’t appear to be elite talents

zekecowboy

Reaction score
1. We have not taken a RB.

Who knows who will be there very late in the 5th. My guess is that the front office believes that their focus on the oline will allow any RB to be effective.

2. Missed out on a lot if talented WRs.

I like the Bebe pick at 73, but I would have loved if we got Roman Wilson. Can't remember if he went right before us, but wouldn't have minded a trade up using next year's capital to get him. RW reminds me of Tyler Lockett. I think he's going to be good for a very long time.
Dallas will sign a bunch of running backs in free agency. Hopefully, Dallas gets lucky.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
There is 57% of draft to still be played out and it could be a trade happens to move up. Not like that is such a novel concept.
I disagree, there is not 57% of the draft left. After the trade, Dallas had 1,388.8 draft points. Dallas has used 97.9% of these points in the first 3 rounds. There is 2.1% of the draft left based on draft capital.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas will sign a bunch of running backs in free agency. Hopefully, Dallas gets lucky.
No they're doing that with zeke they're not bringing anymore in they brought in Royce they're gonna bring in zeke but there are three good backs still left in the draft...

blueblood70

Reaction score
How good is a RB without an Oline? Shoring up Oline is a bigger need and positively impacts the RB position more than anything else. It’s not a deep RB class and after brooks/benson it seems to be a dropoff and even those 2 don’t appear to be elite talents
100% that's spot on bro I think it's better to have a great offensive line because you can make a average back good and you can make a good back great with a offensive line but you can turn a good to great back into a bad back if you don't have the good line... They're doing it right they can use a running back by committee right now as long as they get the offensive line that can push the line of scrimmage and they have a little nasty in them and they are now bigger and if that's their focus then you can use a running back by committee even if they don't get another guy but I believe there's still 3 good backs left in the draft and they're gonna get one of them...

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
There are still starting RBs on the board but I doubt they will be there by the time the Cowboys pick again. They need to make a move.

Sully

Reaction score

Who knows who will be there very late in the 5th. My guess is that the front office believes that their focus on the oline will allow any RB to be effective.

I like the Bebe pick at 73, but I would have loved if we got Roman Wilson. Can't remember if he went right before us, but wouldn't have minded a trade up using next year's capital to get him. RW reminds me of Tyler Lockett. I think he's going to be good for a very long time.
This is the consequences of NOT having enough draft capital.
So if you drafted the WR, then the complaint about no OL help.

The mistake--which this franchise keeps making errors-- is with no 4th rd pick wasted on Trey Lance and will not see the field for the Cowboys. Dallas basically threw away their 4th round pick.

And if the Cowboys would trade away an asset, like Parsons/Dak, then they would get numerous draft capital.
Dallas could've landed 3-5 draft picks for each player PLUS avoid paying each of these players record deals that will hand tied the franchise from signing any decent FA

Reaction score

Only two things?

morasp

Reaction score
Here is a list of our RBs taken in rounds 5-7 in the last 10 drafts

Mike Weber Ohio State 2019
Beau Scarbrough Alabama 2018
Deuce Vaughn Kansas State 2023

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This is the consequences of NOT having enough draft capital.
So if you drafted the WR, then the complaint about no OL help.

The mistake--which this franchise keeps making errors-- is with no 4th rd pick wasted on Trey Lance and will not see the field for the Cowboys. Dallas basically threw away their 4th round pick.

And if the Cowboys would trade away an asset, like Parsons/Dak, then they would get numerous draft capital.
Dallas could've landed 3-5 draft picks for each player PLUS avoid paying each of these players record deals that will hand tied the franchise from signing any decent FA
We got Trey for a 4th.

That’s cheap.

kskboys

Reaction score
I see. Then why do we have 7 rounds in a draft?
Dart throws and STers.
If you want to understand, simply go do an analysis of 5-7 round picks and see how many even make the team.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

Jacob Cowing (Arizona) is still there... he's solid #3/slot guy.

Height is the biggest drawback: 5'8"

If he was at least 6', he would have gone in the 1st or 2nd.

Having seen him at UTEP and Arizona,
Good possession WR that plays bigger than his size. Runs good routes, has good hands.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Yeah we had oppprtunities for sure. I think once Brooks was gone they no longer cared about RB.

WR probably got pushed out by bigger needs, but unless they think Tolbert is about to breakout they missed the boat in a strong WR class.