Twitter: Tyron Smith dealing with bone spur

Carson

Reaction score
Should have surgery now, 4 week recovery time. Roll with Collins at LT for a month, Smith back for home stretch and playoffs.
Chubb had surgery for bone spurs on September 21 and is still out.

I’m not a doctor nor do I know the difference between severity of each.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My original opinion on this year's team having success or not centered on Smith and Collins full season health.

Since then,
Steele served me up a delicious medium well crow burger as I was a total non believer in his abilities prior to this year's regular season performance.

I think I may need lots more than reassurance on Nysekhe as the swing tackle to depend on if Smith goes down.
More like a miracle.

Something always...
Always pulls me back into my pessimistic perspective. Pisses me off. I had a really good feeling about this team.

Now I'm back to thinking the offense is on borrowed time til Smith goes out for good.

Sorry, it's just all the losing has conditioned me to always expect the worst rather than hope for the best.

Well, I will just continue to hope they can find a way this year to keep things going if/when Smith goes out. This year's team has managed to disprove most of my preconceived opinions about them so far.

I want more crow.

jmo
TY wasn't horrible but he wasn't great either, Collins needs to be the LT if TS misses time..period end of story..TY is ok to finish a game maybe a worse case scenario and no ones perfect. i understand but after TS went out Rush left side was collapsed on every snap.

Oh and while we are discussing Steele an he and pollard whiffed on that sack fumble on rush..not even a finger on the rusher that i can reember..so LC will get his job back one way or another

lt or RT, hes better then TY or Steele..there's no debate

knucklehead suspension aside, we need our best player back

quickccc

Reaction score
That would be unlikely since he's had zero work there since college.

But Collins has played at LT before and excelled there at LT at LSU at that, it's not a totally brand new position with him.
Martin made the move to RT, with zero work since his college days at Notre Dame

Otherwise you'd either be moving Steele away as the RT - where he has become more comfortable, for the sake of him moving him to LT.
Or we'd have to entrust and go with 38 yr old Ty Nyseke as the starting LT.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Now that Miller is in LA we could rest Smith and still should win...

Creeper

Reaction score
I call BS. Bone spurs don't just appear spontaneously. They develop over time and there are usually symptoms as they develop, like soreness. I cannot imagine Smith felt anything like a spur and did not get it x-rayed by Cowboys doctors a long time ago.

Where is this bone spur located? Spurs are not painful by themselves. They can rub on a nearby tendon or muscle which becomes inflamed and that is when the pain starts. But a shot of cortisone will clear that up in minutes. A spur is not the same as a sprain which involves stretching or tearing of something.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Not in my case.

I wonder where it's located. I just had my heel spur that was under my Achilles, which is the worst spot to have a bone spur, removed because the pain was too much. He's a lot bigger man that I am so I can understand why he wasn't in there. Every time I stepped on my left foot it felt like fire running up my leg. It's been almost a year since having it removed and it's still not right. I don't think it will go away with rest or PT because mine didn't. I'm sure he'll be getting injections from here on out until the season ends.

Yep, good ole Haglund’s deformity. I’ve had surgery on both heels for it five years apart. Six weeks non weight-bearing with each. Not fun.

Reactions: BAT

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We have two very winnable games coming up without Smith. Denver and Atlanta. We should be fine without him

The problem is bone spurs don't heal in a couple of weeks. He would need surgery top clean those up.. 6-8 weeks..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I call BS. Bone spurs don't just appear spontaneously. They develop over time and there are usually symptoms as they develop, like soreness. I cannot imagine Smith felt anything like a spur and did not get it x-rayed by Cowboys doctors a long time ago.

Where is this bone spur located? Spurs are not painful by themselves. They can rub on a nearby tendon or muscle which becomes inflamed and that is when the pain starts. But a shot of cortisone will clear that up in minutes. A spur is not the same as a sprain which involves stretching or tearing of something.

This is probably because you cannot imagine the amount of pain these guys call "Tuesday." NFL players deal with constant aches and pains and bumps and bruises pretty much every day from about day 3 in pads in training camp. They are borderline superhuman in how much they deal with, often to their own detriment. And they play a sport where toughness and the ability to play through pain is a badge of honor.. The bone spur may have been there for months.. even years but didn't hurt enough to care about until Pollard rolled up on his ankle and aggravated it.

T-RO

Reaction score
Do we know where the bone spur is? Nope.
How bad? Nope.
What treatment has already taken place? Nope.
What treatment is planned? Nope.

Despite knowing nothing we got know-it-alls here ready to trash players, make declarations, compare this to some bone spur their aunt had on a finger in 1974...

Just stop...some of you are embarrassing.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
This is probably because you cannot imagine the amount of pain these guys call "Tuesday." NFL players deal with constant aches and pains and bumps and bruises pretty much every day from about day 3 in pads in training camp. They are borderline superhuman in how much they deal with, often to their own detriment. And they play a sport where toughness and the ability to play through pain is a badge of honor.. The bone spur may have been there for months.. even years but didn't hurt enough to care about until Pollard rolled up on his ankle and aggravated it.
The swollen ankle likely started the impingement and onslaught of pain. If they can control the swelling he will be able to fight through it and deal with it after the SB.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It amazes me a guy built like that is so fragile.

Then you have the tub of goo guys who never miss a snap
It amazes me for the ignorance of some people. That they don’t realize what these players go through.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
question is with a bone spur is this something that can improve with extra rest or is it just pain management until surgery?
I don’t know where the bone spur is. But it’s more painful than a break. And harder to heal. I’m not even sure they can do surgery on it . Wrap it and let it hematoma

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Don't really care about the specifics of tyrons issues anymore. We need to draft his replacement asap

T-RO

Reaction score
Tyron Smith
2021: PFF score 92.9

Smith has missed half of one game this season. Been absolutely ball'n. All-Pro level.

Stop slandering the man, folks, when you are clueless about what is going on.