Twitter: Tyron Smith dealing with bone spur

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not in my case.

I wonder where it's located. I just had my heel spur that was under my Achilles, which is the worst spot to have a bone spur, removed because the pain was too much. He's a lot bigger man that I am so I can understand why he wasn't in there. Every time I stepped on my left foot it felt like fire running up my leg. It's been almost a year since having it removed and it's still not right. I don't think it will go away with rest or PT because mine didn't. I'm sure he'll be getting injections from here on out until the season ends.
Well stated bro. Bones spurs pain does not go away with rest. I wonder if the Cowboys should have Tyron have surgery right now to relieve him of some pain and let him heal enough in time for the playoffs?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
question is with a bone spur is this something that can improve with extra rest or is it just pain management until surgery?
Well stated bro. Bones spurs pain does not go away with rest. I wonder if the Cowboys should have Tyron have surgery right now to relieve him of some pain and let him heal enough in time for the playoffs?

I forgot who said it and who the player is, but someone said a veteran player just recently had to retire because of his ankle spurs. Hopefully it was because he was just tired of playing football instead something like shaving the spur off from the ankle will damage the ankle and prevent full mobility. If it can be shaved off without missing 2-3 months, I would get it done. He was having a Pro-Bowl year. And I'm not sure getting injections help ease the pain spurs because I wasn't offered any before I had the surgery.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Where’s the spur located?

Heel spurs are almost always associated with plantar fasciitis. That condition sucks, let me tell you. Nowitzki had to shut things down one year for a good part of the season because of that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where’s the spur located?

Heel spurs are almost always associated with plantar fasciitis. That condition sucks, let me tell you. Nowitzki had to shut things down one year for a good part of the season because of that.

It's his ankle.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I have had them. They hurt and it is true about pain management

TWOK11

Reaction score
It’s purely a pain issue and easily fixed in the off-season. As long as he can tolerate the discomfort there is no risk of injury.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don’t know where the bone spur is. But it’s more painful than a break. And harder to heal. I’m not even sure they can do surgery on it . Wrap it and let it hematoma

They open up the area and literally file it down like they do furniture. I heard 2-4 weeks depending on how big the incision is... but apparently it can be done via scope.