Twitter: Tyron Smith leaves practice with an injury

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Hopefully Smith doesn't miss too much time during the season - we saw the state of Prescott without him.

You're assuming Dak is still the same player he was in 2017. Smith has missed starts since and Prescott was effective (see the 2018 finale at the Giants for example).

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Brady threw a pick six versus the Falcons but his D kept giving him the ball to keep them in that Superbowl.

Your point being a good defense is important? Who doesn't think that?

A good offense will need their defense to bail them out at times but ultimately a good offense will have to get it done at some point.

Rodgers was excellent in the actual Superbowl. Laser like precision. He let his arm do the talking.
I agree he is excellent. I believe if we drafted him we have 2-3 more SBs. Much better than the Rudy QBs we have trotted out there instead.

quickccc

Reaction score
So the next time i hear how impressive or dominant Dlaw, Aldon and Griffen are ... i have to take in account what scrubs they are going up
against in camp. ...:confused:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Lets see Smith hasn't played an entire season since 2015. He's missed 3 games every year for the last 4 years. The last 2 years have been back related. At some point the Cowboys have to say that Smith isn't the Smith of 2014.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lets see Smith hasn't played an entire season since 2015. He's missed 3 games every year for the last 4 years. The last 2 years have been back related. At some point the Cowboys have to say that Smith isn't the Smith of 2014.
no it has not

last year was a KNEE sprain..pay attention i believe he has an elbow as well..its been far less then his back and more about other issues that arise from many players in all Sports..NFL being the most physically abusive and given ages, yes its happens and i can live with 3 games here and there from a player like Smith, better then IR and out for season ie mcCoy desnt play one snap..How many games did AC UNDERPERFORM OR MISS DO TO INJURY? Gallup?

smith not smith of 14 is better then most other starters at LT in the entire NFL..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like we need to work on improving our conditioning program. Some big hits to important players here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looks like we need to work on improving our conditioning program. Some big hits to important players here.
tat it , really cant be done virtually , guess you were under rock when all of OTa, MC, and PS was cancelled?

one goes down on a preexisting issue, the rest are dinged and its happening all over the league every year regardless..garetts not here to blame and Wojo is gone , so new staff 1 weeks into a light TC during Covid and this starts already?

get a life conditioning helps with stamina, strength comes from lifting but these type of injuries' happen because of the contact and hard cus and movements and nothing can help but luck..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
no it has not

last year was a KNEE sprain..pay attention i believe he has an elbow as well..its been far less then his back and more about other issues that arise from many players in all Sports..NFL being the most physically abusive and given ages, yes its happens and i can live with 3 games here and there from a player like Smith, better then IR and out for season ie mcCoy desnt play one snap..How many games did AC UNDERPERFORM OR MISS DO TO INJURY? Gallup?

smith not smith of 14 is better then most other starters at LT in the entire NFL..

AGAIN Smith hasn't played an entire season since 2015. Missing 3 games here and there has been his recent history for the last FOUR years. Oh and yes Smith missed the 2019 week 5 against the packers with a back injury that also cropped up again in week 17. He originally injured his back in 2018.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1631899/tyron-smith

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think Covid could be a factor....but the bigger thing is McCarthy getting rid of letting players slide with "injuries "....that Garrett was famous for...all that did was make us soft. McCarthy needs to put his foot down now....or it's going to be the same thing for years...or as long as he is here.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
In that case we are probably a better team with McG at LG and Williams at LT but we dont yet know this. I'd like to find out before it automatically becomes Erving at LT, who has had a very up and down career.

Again, while the McCoy situation was awful, Tyron is way higher on the list of people we didnt want that to happen to.

In fact he may be in the top 2-3.

I think if it was long-term, we would start looking at Williams at LT with McGovern at LG because that's probably our best lineup. Erving is just a game-day backup.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think if it was long-term, we would start looking at Williams at LT with McGovern at LG because that's probably our best lineup. Erving is just a game-day backup.
Yep. Yep.

Losing Tyron in any sense makes me unnerved in a bad way!