Twitter: Tyron Smith leaves practice with an injury

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yup....I wanna see Connor Williams @LT. I think that is his natural spot anyway.
I'd like to see him get some reps there as opposed to wait until we find out on a Monday that we will not see Tyron for a few weeks.

It complicates things if they consider Williams the starting LG however.

Teams dont often want to disrupt two positions to accommodate one.

I just dont know that I trust Erving to be what Fleming was.

aria

Reaction score
For all you know, I might have been agreeing with you.
based on your original comment I would say it’s safe to say you weren’t. I don’t have time for this right now Corso, I kinda have work stuff to do, I’ll deal with you later :angry:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yup....I wanna see Connor Williams @LT. I think that is his natural spot anyway.
Also, the future HAS to be McG at LG and not to pay Williams a second contract. Nothing against him, just makes cap sense.

So I agree w @jazzcat22. Erving game day swing, but longer term Williams LT...I mean IF Tyron has to miss time.

I'm really freaked over nothing, but I think there may not be a bigger dropoff on the team between Tyron and his backup.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
based on your original comment I would say it’s safe to say you weren’t. I don’t have time for this right now Corso, I kinda have work stuff to do, I’ll deal with you later :angry:
Hope work goes well!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing that unusual for Tyron, who didn’t expect this? I’m just hoping it’s his usual “minor” problems, not missing half the season type injury. My inner voice tells me he’ll be fine.

This is how I will look at it unless a report proves something more. Teams are always overly cautious when it comes to injuries in TC, and will sit a player with almost even minor ailment just to be safe and ensure he is ready for the season.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Excuses ready for Dak..

Is that all you guys are concerned with is whether Dak has something for an excuse? Not worried about someone hurt, just worried about an excuse for Dak. :rolleyes:

I'm perfectly willing to let Dak's performance speak for itself whether it's good or otherwise. Obviously some are literally hoping for the worst, even though he's a Cowboy. *SMH*

Last edited:

MikeB80

Reaction score
Looks like we need to work on improving our conditioning program. Some big hits to important players here.

in all seriousness Mike Woicik leaving and his sidekick markus paul taking over has not been talked about at all. The only time he has ever been in charge of an nfl strength and conditioning program he got fired by Eric Mangini in NY.

He has worked under some great coaches though and been a part of a bunch of super bowls.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I think Covid could be a factor....but the bigger thing is McCarthy getting rid of letting players slide with "injuries "....that Garrett was famous for...all that did was make us soft. McCarthy needs to put his foot down now....or it's going to be the same thing for years...or as long as he is here.

well I am not sure how much actual outside work they are doing but if they spend a lot of time outside then Hamstrings and cramping is going to be a huge issue. The heat here is unlike most places in the country. The past few days have been unseasonably cool in the mid 90's but that is supposed to change in a few days.

Practice in excessive heat and you will end up with lots of this type of thing.

Tussinman

Reaction score
This is how I will look at it unless a report proves something more. Teams are always overly cautious when it comes to injuries in TC, and will sit a player with almost even minor ailment just to be safe and ensure he is ready for the season.
Yeah premier positions like DE, LT, and QB your going to rest anyone with even the slightest muscle ache.

From the reports it looks like that's the case with Tyron (he's not actually injured they just don't want to push a tight hamstring when they don't have to).

khiladi

Reaction score
Is that all you guys are concerned with is whether Dak has something for an excuse? Not worried about someone hurt, just worried about an excuse for Dak. :rolleyes:

I'm perfectly willing to let Dak's performance speak for itself whether it's good or otherwise. Obviously some are literally hoping for the worst, even though he's a Cowboy. *SMH*

Dak sucks..

Dak has pretty much been garbage every time Smith or another skilled player is out. His performance has already spoken for itself, including last year when Smith was out.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Tyron is ok. Collins is ok after crash. And hearing he isn’t injured at all. He is not in shape. Likey really sore from first few practices. Got a contract and got lazy in off season.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Should have been working on that for a while.
Agreed. Tyron has played 135 NFL games at a very very physical position. That's a ton of wear n tear on his body.

If we can squeeze another 25 to 30 games out of him I would consider that a huge success. That doesn't leave much time though to train his replacement (I don't see how they don't spend a high pick this next draft on tackle and then hope that they can get a full year to sit and learn).

fivetwos

Reaction score
Lets see Smith hasn't played an entire season since 2015. He's missed 3 games every year for the last 4 years. The last 2 years have been back related. At some point the Cowboys have to say that Smith isn't the Smith of 2014.
Yeah but exactly what would you like to do about that? Replace him?

Cant really do that right now.