Twitter: Tyron Smith might be done for the season

Cowfan75

Reaction score
This was the end game, anyway. We had the best O-line in football, always ignored the defense, now we stink on both sides. Not only is the window closing, but it has slammed shut for who knows how long. Thanks, Jerry.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Tank for Trevor!!!!
Ship already sailed w the watermelon kick, or whatever the hell they called it.

NY Jets will not win a single game.

Besides, Dallas accidentally falls into at least four wins per NFC East.

Starts this week. Seen the movie folks.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I know the deal. I mentioned in a post they had to start thinking about replacing Tyron before last year's draft and took some heat too. I know how old he is. He is 29, but he is a beat up 29. A LT who misses games every year with spinal injuries is a bad situation to be in. Of course I am speculating on his injury, but given the time off, then the come back, then it got worse again without a specific event to injure it, it sounds like a lingering issue. Problems with the spine are never good for athlete of any kind, particularly neck issues. We talked about this with LVE. LVE is younger and had a specific impact related compression injury. Tyron has something else. We don't know what caused it. That's what worries me more about him. If you are managing a roster, you'd like to believe your players can be there 16 games. You certainly don;t want to be planning about losing your LT 5 or 6 games a year because of a chronic injury.
I just wanted to debate if La'ell was the potential replacement (lol now) or if it was Williams or if not or what.

Whatever. Guess we are gonna find out.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Once again, who cares? This team is a joke and nothing really matters at all. With a few exceptions, this team is made up heartless, self-absorbed, losers who couldn't care less about what it takes to win and achieve greatness. Almost all of them buy in to the rotten culture that they are special because they are Cowboys and because they once made a good play, they deserve their payday. It sickens me and I am soo very close to be done with the entire franchise for good. This doesn't really apply to Smith. He is one of the only players that got paid and still played well afterwards.
Tremendous. Wish I could give more likes here.

Really well said.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Once again, who cares? This team is a joke and nothing really matters at all. With a few exceptions, this team is made up heartless, self-absorbed, losers who couldn't care less about what it takes to win and achieve greatness. Almost all of them buy in to the rotten culture that they are special because they are Cowboys and because they once made a good play, they deserve their payday. It sickens me and I am soo very close to be done with the entire franchise for good. This doesn't really apply to Smith. He is one of the only players that got paid and still played well afterwards.
People may feel differently as far as being a fan no matter what but I'm not so sure how much of this Jerry ego we are all supposed to take.

Him and his KID arent qualified to run a successful NFL franchise, and he will never admit it.

I dont know who continues to buy merchandise and tickets but it needs to stop.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
holy mackeral
so does this mean when Dallas goes 8-8 in 2021 McCarthy will get credit for improving the team??

I hope this next draft is deep

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hes only 29. Tackles usually hit their primes in their early 30s. I dont see him hanging them up.

Retiring young has become vogue, though. Travis Frederick might be in his ear already, you never know.

Tyron has sacrificed his body for a long time. He may be 29 in years, but his body is broken down

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tremendous. Wish I could give more likes here.

Really well said.

Unfortunately, I'm intending on having Cowboys stars on the shoulders of my fursuit. I say that because I'm a huge Cowboys fan of course, but fursuits aren't exactly cheap haha.

blueblood70

Reaction score
now we know why they brought in so many vet tackles the last 2 weeks..Knight will be LT the rest fo the way but i dont like Steele hes far to raw in pass protections, might want to try Mills as this is a long term gig now and we need a steady 5 OL

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Told ya two weeks ago don't be surprised if this team starts tanking to get that number 1 spot in 2 weeks time both OT's are headed for season ending trips. We've sent away proven vets for unproven, undisciplined players in the secondary, oh and our players we've paid have regressed in the new space age (smh) analytical defense of Nolan's. I've heard many of top NFL minds say it a coach wants to pick his player at QB, and this is no knock on Dak at all. I just think McCarthy wants to do things his way with his guy and you can tell by these personnel moves we have no intention of competing this season. Heck they've all but made Zeke an after thought.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I will add boy did the Mike McCarthy era start bad.
Jerry brought in a coach with a track record because this roster was supposedly ready to win.

Was it?

And is McCarthy still the right guy?

Doesnt matter because Jerry doesnt even respect the coaches enough to want to pay them at all.

He rarely if ever eats coaches contracts.

So....MM being the right guy or not doesnt matter, he IS the guy for about as long as the deal he signed is.

Then he goes back to Wisconsin with a bunch of Jerry's money and a smile.

Meanwhile Jerry still trying to figure out what "his way" even IS.