Twitter: Tyron Smith might be done for the season

FVSTONE

Reaction score
If he's done for the season then I think he should be done with the Dallas Cowboys. He was a great player who has turned into a liability.

Reactions: CWR

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don't fight it, just let this thing play out the way its headed. Have a great shot @ #1 pick in the draft. Maybe trade some guys before the trade deadline. Maybe fire some coaches and players by the end of the year. Figure out who you want to retain & who wants to be here. Take you shots at being a good team down the road.

Good idea, this is season is wash anyways with this high school defense.

Yeah, I know we still have a shot at the East, but winning a division title at 7-9 just feels cheap to me, like a participation trophy.

fansince68

Reaction score
He should shut it down. The neck and back aren't things to play with. We are 1 - 3 and haven't looked good in any game so far. Lucky the NFC EAST is so bad that we are still in the division fight but he should just rest up and "hopefully" be ready for next season.
Or retire............

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Two years ago...
  • Frederick was still in the fold.
  • Collins was a stud guard/tackle.
  • Tyron was still considered a top-3 tackle (although starting to break down).
  • Jaylon was considered one of the best young LB's in the NFL and he was "cheap".
  • LVE was healthy.
Look at how much has changed since then. This is why you have to strike while the iron is hot in this league. The roster was littered with healthy cheap players for many years yet they accomplished nothing.

Exactly, you have to make a run while your core is still young, healthy, and relatively cheap.

We didnt.

Now it looks like we are back in rebuild mode.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ship already sailed w the watermelon kick, or whatever the hell they called it.

NY Jets will not win a single game.

Besides, Dallas accidentally falls into at least four wins per NFC East.

Starts this week. Seen the movie folks.

Yep, we even screwed up getting the first pick.

So we got the Atlanta win, probably beat the sorry arse Giants twice, and split with Eagles and Skins.

So that gets us to 5 wins right there, so highest pick we are looking at would be 4-7 range.........we are currently 5th in draft order.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Told ya two weeks ago don't be surprised if this team starts tanking to get that number 1 spot in 2 weeks time both OT's are headed for season ending trips. We've sent away proven vets for unproven, undisciplined players in the secondary, oh and our players we've paid have regressed in the new space age (smh) analytical defense of Nolan's. I've heard many of top NFL minds say it a coach wants to pick his player at QB, and this is no knock on Dak at all. I just think McCarthy wants to do things his way with his guy and you can tell by these personnel moves we have no intention of competing this season. Heck they've all but made Zeke an after thought.

If they wanted to tank, why not just let Dak walk and not commit $32 million to him under the franchise tag?

Why would you pay your QB $32 million if you wanted to tank?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
200.gif

LLLOOLLL

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
There is already a 12 page thread for this. It's on page one if you want to get caught up.

I realize now why I didn't see it. I would've never seen it. :rolleyes:

Tyron has been fragile for a few years now and there never seems to be a plan in place. It's like a big surprise when he misses games, again.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If they wanted to tank, why not just let Dak walk and not commit $32 million to him under the franchise tag?

Why would you pay your QB $32 million if you wanted to tank?

Stop being logical. The Barbie fan boys/DDS crowd are going to spin this as needed.

The notion that 78 year old Jerry is willingly flushing an entire season to draft a rookie QB is ridiculous, as you noted. Fortunately for those who want to tank ol' Jerry and Son are so incompetent that it can happen naturally.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Season over. Without our bookend tackles, the OL is no longer a team strength......... but thank god we have a kick- *** 3rd WR.

dwreck27

Reaction score
This whole team needs to be blown up and rebuilt

mad have nothing on defense (maybe diggs) to build around... young talent wise

offense we have Ceedee and Gallup as young talent but that’s it with an old Oline