News: Tyron Smith not considering retiring wants to return to the Cowboys

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I would like to spend on defensive toughness in FA (NT and thumping LB) and draft offensive toughness this year (C, RB, OT for the future).

With all of the OT talent in this draft, we would likely be able to pick up a good one in the middle rounds, that needs a little work and who that can replace Tryon in the near future.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would like to spend on defensive toughness in FA (NT and thumping LB) and draft offensive toughness this year (C, RB, OT for the future).

With all of the OT talent in this draft, we would likely be able to pick up a good one in the middle rounds, that needs a little work and who that can replace Tryon in the near future.
They need to give up on the backups that have been here for several years now, get some fresh guys in here

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Why would he retire. Makes crazy money. Doesn't practice. Plays half the games. Has no responsibilities. Is never held accountable. Seems like a good gig to me.
Lol very funny, never held accountable for what???

Bigdog

Reaction score
The article alludes to why Tyron took such a team friendly deal 8 years ago.

Does anyone know how Jerry helped him and his family out?
If I remember straight it wasn't such a team friendly deal according to the critics. They scrutinized the Cowboys for signing him to a 8 year deal but in the end it worked out well for both sides.

rags747

Reaction score

Kept his family away from his money. Was a huge problem when he was first drafted. Not his immediate family but mom, dad, brothers, sisters, cousins. Everyone comes out of the woodwork when you hit the lottery! Jerry and team put controls in place to protect him.

Carson

Reaction score

Yes.

Tyrons family was bleeding him dry of money. Jerry stepped in and say no more of this and helped Tyron

Mark

Reaction score
Happy to have Tyron back - for the right price.

Tussinman

Reaction score
13 is half of 17?
If you include playoffs, he started 15 out of 19 which is very solid.
If I remember straight it wasn't such a team friendly deal according to the critics. They scrutinized the Cowboys for signing him to a 8 year deal but in the end it worked out well for both sides.
No it was the complete opposite. It was so team friendly that the players association actually investigated it. A tier 1 position player taking himself out of free agency for a decade is unheard of and monetary wise idiotic. Luckily for us Tyron didn't care.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
aww you've said more words to me, is this what true friendship is?? Lol, what are your thoughts???
24ae51a74dc129549d1c2b69b6415c1f.jpg