News: Tyron Smith not considering retiring wants to return to the Cowboys

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Zero problem with Tyron returning. Just get him an incentive laden contract. He seems willing to work on a deal for the team and when he plays, he's still solid. I just wish more players had his attitude.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He’s UFA.

And our cap is jacked.

hes going to be offered insane $$$.

Odds are he leaves for more $$$.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
One year, 9 million for 9 games
Plus since we never know how long he'll last in any given season, they need a quality replacement for him so the offense doesn't take too big a hit when Tyron goes down, can't afford to replace him with a half hearted excuse for a LT.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
He’s UFA. Yes

And our cap is jacked. No it’s not.

hes going to be offered insane $$$. No he is not. $7-$10 is not insane

Odds are he leaves for more $$$. Not about the $$$ for Tyron.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If he plays on what he did last year (incentive based which was best case scenario for him still less than 1 million dollar per start) he'd actually not even be top 25 highest paid even when you factor in part time........
2nd Team All Pro and 13 games.

Tyron is getting a raise.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have zero problem with Tyron retiring as a life time Cowboy.
What Tyron has done for this franchise has to be measured and considered, he structured all of his entire contracts to be basically a first bank of America cap relief account for Jerry.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
What Tyron has done for this franchise has to be measured and considered, he structured all of his entire contracts to be basically a first bank of America cap relief account for Jerry.
I’m a huge Tyron fan. Dude is a beast.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
How is it possible to have two hall of fame beasts on your O line and a highly touted first rounder but you can not run the ball to save your life. These guys are not the players that you make them out to be.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Sweet.

We can count on Tyron reliably clocking in for his 8-9 games this season.
Yes, and they already know it, but the 8-9 games means that they can buy some time, and this OL will look a bit different after this draft I suspect strongly.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Tyron should absolutely return for the right price. I also hope they draft a Tackle high because Tyron may need to slide over to RT if Steele keeps playing like trash. Can't afford to get away from his deal yet and we need the OT of the future, possibly two, and a new Center. We absolutely need Tyron back on a team-friendly deal even if he only plays 13 games again. He has yet to fall off when he's healthy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jerry has often been loyal to a fault with players.
I don't see fault here. Tyron is playing very well.

Tyron gets a nice contract from Jerry. He's only gone if he wants to be gone.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry has often been loyal to a fault with players.
I don't see fault here. Tyron is playing very well.

Tyron gets a nice contract from Jerry. He's only gone if he wants to be gone.
You understand the contract means less to Tyron, Jerrys loyalty payed off on at least one player and Tyron has the house pass with this franchise, for what he has given back.