Tyron Smith or JJ Watt

GenoT

Reaction score
Though as a top D-lineman we notice him more on the field, complete with easy-to-measure stats (sacks, QB pressures, QB hurries, tackles, tackles-for-losses, etc), but if/when JJ Watt goes down, Houston’s D is still solid.

Tyron Smith goes down and our entire offense takes a dump.

khiladi

Reaction score
Honestly, it has to be Smith because we lost our LT on Flozell Adams and the importance of LT was always recognized in Dallas, particularly after Adams went down with his ACL in 2005.

They gave up only 10 sacks going into week 5, Adams tore his ACL and the OL, with Torrin Tucker, proceeded to give up 40 more sacks in 11 games to end the season with 50.

JustChip

Reaction score
Randy Moss or Greg Ellis..

Conventional wisdom would say Randy Moss; however, I've long thought that Randy would've melted down here with the circus atmosphere and media scrutiny until later in his career when he had matured. Randy going to Minnesota was probably the best thing for him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Conventional wisdom would say Randy Moss; however, I've long thought that Randy would've melted down here with the circus atmosphere and media scrutiny until later in his career when he had matured. Randy going to Minnesota was probably the best thing for him.

I don’t think so because the Cowboys were his favorite team growing up and wanted to play for them so bad. So he decided to abuse us..

You just don’t pass on that level of talent especially for the average that was Greg Ellis.

He turned out to be a headache too in certain respects.

JustChip

Reaction score
I don’t think so because the Cowboys were his favorite team growing up and wanted to play for them so bad. So he decided to abuse us..

You just don’t pass on that level of talent especially for the average that was Greg Ellis.

He turned out to be a headache too in certain respects.

I agree. I still would've taken him. I'm just saying it might not have worked out the same as it did in Minnesota. If I remember right, there was some legal issue that he ran afoul of early up there. That would've dominated had he been with a large team, especially Dallas.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Close because both are great. I think Smith is the better player. Head to head he dominated Watt and a LT has more value. No knock on Watt. They are both probably going into the HOF.

diefree666

Reaction score
Close because both are great. I think Smith is the better player. Head to head he dominated Watt and a LT has more value. No knock on Watt. They are both probably going into the HOF.
no way Watt does unless he comes back and has a couple of great years. Right now there is no chance he gets into the HOF if he does not come back big

Whyjerry

Reaction score
no way Watt does unless he comes back and has a couple of great years. Right now there is no chance he gets into the HOF if he does not come back big

Guy is 28. Good chance he has a couple good years left. Will be remembered as the best DT of this generation. Betcha a six pack he gets in.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I figure if we are going to have debates over all pro players the cowboys selected in lieu of other all pro players. Why stop at Zeke and Ramsey?

Who should they have taken. Tyron smith or KK watt?

Yah, Ill take Smith. Watt simply hasnt been on the field enough over his career.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Knowing what we know about each player, easy, T. Smith. Just the fact that he's been healthier more than Watt.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Zack Martin over Johnny Foosball

To be serious I wanted Robert Quinn in that draft. Thought he could play end in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4. Quinn has had a defensive MVP season and is one of the best pass rushers in the league.

...... Quinn, Tyron or Watt? I'm taking Quinn haha