U.S. Navy to build $3 Billion Stealth Destroyer

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;4584568 said:
There will never be another world conflict because there will never be a logical rationale for conflict.

Human beings will always come up with a rationale for conflict, logical or not. At its most basic roots, WWII was simply one man's ambition extrapolated onto a global scale. There was nothing "logical" about it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4584744 said:
Human beings will always come up with a rationale for conflict, logical or not. At its most basic roots, WWII was simply one man's ambition extrapolated onto a global scale. There was nothing "logical" about it.
Your interpretation is hilariously wrong (though not surprisingly so). Not much else to say, really. Politicians depend on people like yourself.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
theogt;4584568 said:
There will never be another world conflict because there will never be a logical rationale for conflict. There is no need to collect or protect resources on a nation-by-nation basis.

:laugh2:

So dangerous.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;4584751 said:
Your interpretation is hilariously wrong (though not surprisingly so). Not much else to say, really. Politicians depend on people like yourself.

Your arrogance is surpassed only by your perceived level of intelligence it seems.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4584788 said:
Your arrogance is surpassed only by your perceived level of intelligence it seems.
Talk about irony. "Someone thinks they know more than me, so they must be extremely arrogant."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would say one of the big factors leading to war in Europe was the Treaty of Versailles that was signed to end WWI. The economical damage in large part because of the Treaty and the burden placed on Germany helped to sweep the **** into power

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4584800 said:
I would say one of the big factors leading to war in Europe was the Treaty of Versailles that was signed to end WWI. The economical damage in large part because of the Treaty and the burden placed on Germany helped to sweep the **** into power

I have always seen it that way as well. If the economy was rolling along, Hitler would not have had much of a soapbox to spew his rhetoric. He would have been considered an ignorant fool. But it is amazing what people will believe when they are starving and see a way, any way, out.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;4584790 said:
Talk about irony. "Someone thinks they know more than me, so they must be extremely arrogant."

The only ironic aspect to this is that you misused the term "irony" in a post attempting to explain away my previous post as ironic.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4584806 said:
The only ironic aspect to this is that you misused the term "irony" in a post attempting to explain away my previous post as ironic.
WHOOOOOOOSH!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Denim Chicken;4584794 said:
What's ironic about that?

It isn't, he is apparently one of the millions of people who don't have a form grasp on what that term means. It is however ironic that he incorrectly used the term in an attempt to demean my post as irony.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4584802 said:
I have always seen it that way as well. If the economy was rolling along, Hitler would not have had much of a soapbox to spew his rhetoric. He would have been considered an ignorant fool. But it is amazing what people will believe when they are starving and see a way, any way, out.

I agree, when you struggle to put food on the table and people are without work they look for a change. Early on all the promises Hitler made started to come true people were working again and living a much better life. Later as he made land grabs by invading other countries people accepted it and felt he knew what he was doing since his early promises came true and benefited the people.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4584809 said:
I agree, when you struggle to put food on the table and people are without work they look for a change. Early on all the promises Hitler made started to come true people were working again and living a much better life. Later as he made land grabs by invading other countries people accepted it and felt he knew what he was doing since his early promises came true and benefited the people.

Land grabs and restrictions on gun ownership as well.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4584800 said:

Agreed, but this simply provided the conditions for conflict. It took a catalyst to take it to the level of global war. Hitler not only utilized the opportunity but did so in such a way that few would have had the ability to.

He essentially brainwashed an entire nation into buying into his wild ambition, using their woes and fears and his own aptitude for public speaking and leadership to take advantage of an opportunity provided by Germany's struggles at the time. In many ways, his approach to the war itself was completely illogical both in terms of strategy and logistical possibility. He was blinded by ambition and believed his force to be far superior than it actually was. Most will tell you that the war was already over by 1942-1943 and just had to run it's course, but in hindsight it was doomed from the start. The moment he got it in his head that both the Soviet Union and all of western Europe would be able to be conquered simultaneously it was over. It was an illogical campaign.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Intelligence and wisdom are two different things. Some have one of them, some have both of them and some have neither.

If you can only have one, you want wisdom. As intelligence (book smarts) isn't as useful as it could be if you don't have the wisdom to apply it properly to real life situations. (Faerluna seems to grasp this by her choice in the CBZ User Opinions: Question 3 thread)

Arrogance implies that someone is lacking in wisdom not intelligence. Someone lacking in wisdom would not make definitive statements that are completely baseless and very unlikely to be true.

It's smarter to admit you do not know than to declare you do when you don't.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4584812 said:
Agreed, but this simply provided the conditions for conflict. It took a catalyst to take it to the level of global war. Hitler not only utilized the opporunity but did so in such a way that few would have had the ability to.

He essentially brainwashed an entire nation into buying into his wild ambition, using their woes and fears and his own aptitude for public speaking and leadership to take advantage of an opportunity provided by Germany's struggles at the time.

Again easy to so call brain wash when people see the results in their lives. He came into power making promise of a better life and he gave them that. He had the support of the people and they loved him. Many of the demands he made of unifying German lands in Austria made perfect since to the people. France would be his big mistake and of course double crossing the Russians.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4584817 said:
Again easy to so call brain wash when people see the results in their lives. He came into power making promise of a better life and he gave them that. He had the support of the people and they loved him. Many of the demands he made of unifying German lands in Austria made perfect since to the people. France would be his big mistake and of course double crossing the Russians.

You're talking about Hitler right? People were scared as hell of him. He was killing his political enemies. He made promises and if you apposed him, he wouldn't think twice about arresting and/or killing you. This was *before* he became the supreme leader of Germany.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4584819 said:
You're talking about Hitler right? People were scared as hell of him. He was killing his political enemies. He made promises and if you apposed him, he wouldn't think twice about arresting and/or killing you. This was *before* he became the supreme leader of Germany.

The overall population was not early on when he 1st came into power. Jobs that did not exsist came into being, projects like the autobahn built under his leadership took place. Sorry your wrong if you think it was all fear it was not. It later would become that early on he gave the people what they wanted and they loved him from it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4584817 said:

He convinced 60 million people of things that were not rooted in reality. Simply seeing the short term results of his madness doesn't mean they weren't duped. Of course they loved him, but the Branch Davidian's loved David Koresh too.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4584826 said:
The overall population was not early on when he 1st came into power. Jobs that did not exsist came into being, projects like the autobahn built under his leadership took place. Sorry your wrong if you think it was all fear it was not. It later would become that early on he gave the people what they wanted and they loved him from it.

No, I said people feared him and they did. Some people believed in what he was saying. He was a radical and that was well known before he took power. He went to prison in 1921 for physically attacking a rival politician. Acts of violence were not uncommon at his rallies. (years before he took power)

I promise you, if you were his rival. You definitely feared for your life. Even if you weren't, you feared for your life if he didn't like you or thought you were apposing him.