News: U Turn - Randy Gregory Is A Bronco

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Well technically, until a contract is signed, parties can make changes at the last minute. Even if there were verbal agreements in place.

I don't think the Cowboys asking for a behavior clause is, frankly, out of line here. Now if Stephen tried to sneak it in at the last minute, that's douchey.
It appears at this point similar to the MLB CBA agreement, trying to sneak a FB past them at the last minute.
If that's the case, not a great look, due to the timing and lack of faith.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I am glad he is gone.

I didn't really like him anyways.

Go get Wagner and Hicks.
And see what DE we can find .

I also would look at a 5th for Shenault.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The real story here is the blatant admission that things are being done without Jerry's involvement.

We used to hope for that very thing.

Sydla

Reaction score
Let's be honest.

If he had signed here, he never would have lived up to the deal, averaging around 5-6 sacks a year.

But in Denver, he'll average 11-12.

It's how it works in Cowboys Land.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
As someone who has done a lot of negotiations, I believe that the “agreement” between Gregory and the Cowboys was probably just confined to years, dollars, and bonus. The minor terms in the contract were probably not negotiated until they had agreed on the major terms. The Cowboys prematurely announced they had a deal but when Gregory’s agent showed him the “no weed or suspension clause”, Gregory walked away.
I don’t “blame” anybody. Usually, no deal is better than a bad deal. And that is the case for both sides here.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Lol I swear this board is more worried about saving Jerry’s $ than they are winning football games. Gregory helped the cowboys win football games…whoever Jerry brings in off the scrap heap will not, regardless of how cheap they are

Captain Save-A-Hoes with Jerry's wallet. Just don't pay players .... any of them!

efh313

Reaction score
I sure wouldn't i would talk to them and find out whats up...he didnt he turned around and bured the team that kept him in the NFL through...by his own words "The difficult times he had"...and again its one thing to not sign and get clarification its another to take the other offer without talking to them.

This is my problem. That Star on his helmet has been his shield through the past years, protecting him, keeping him on a straighter path. And at the first opportunity to pay the team back, he jumps ship… disrespectful!

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL If they werent trying to be deceptive. Why wait and not discuss before putting it in?

Get real
oversite easy its crazy right now and they most likely had discussion about match his Denver deal and then after agreeing matching was a good thing decided adding the clause was best,,not an issue whomever caught the oversite KUDOS!!

again, other as god if not better DEs still out there and jones being scorned might make this mission to get one thats left..

erod

Reaction score
It really doesn't matter in the NFL any longer.
It does if you aren't worth crap on game day. Randy is a heavy abuser when he's anxious.

He found peace and comfort here over time. That's gone, and now he's got millions to spend.

phildadon86

Reaction score
oversite easy its crazy right now and they most likely had discussion about match his Denver deal and then after agreeing matching was a good thing decided adding the clause was best,,not an issue whomever caught the oversite KUDOS!!

again, other as god if not better DEs still out there and jones being scorned might make this mission to get one thats left..
LOL. My lord. It wasnt an oversight. It was bad faith negotiating. You dont want to burst your "cowboys can do no wrong" bubble and thats fine. You have every right. Dont try and skirt the truth though. Its out there for everyone to see if you would just read.

erod

Reaction score
Let's be honest.

If he had signed here, he never would have lived up to the deal, averaging around 5-6 sacks a year.

But in Denver, he'll average 11-12.

It's how it works in Cowboys Land.
We would have regretted that deal big time. This is a good turn of events.

Sydla

Reaction score
After the fact?

:huh:

Again, I suspect this leak is coming from Gregory's camp and they can spin it anyway they want. You can negotiate a contract right up until the paper is signed. So no, if they agreed to the monetary structure of the deal (which is basically what most of the negotiating is over anyway as NFL contracts are fairly standard language) but then Dallas came back with a behavioral clause, I don't think that's an outrageous ask.

Now, if they tried to sneak it into a contract, that's a different thing.

Paradox

Reaction score
LOL My Lord the cluelessness here is mind boggling. Weed suspensions no longer happen in the NFL. Gregory left because Stephen Jones tried changing the language of the contract after it was agreed to.

Gregory ISNT AT FAULT HERE. lol.
I KNOW weed suspensions no longer happen... My point was about the LEGALITY per state, as I mentioned in my post. Also, I said I know there were other factors. I know Stephen's contract language had a hand in it. But my point stands.

erod

Reaction score
LOL. My lord. It wasnt an oversight. It was bad faith negotiating. You dont want to burst your "cowboys can do no wrong" bubble and thats fine. You have every right. Dont try and skirt the truth though. Its out there for everyone to see if you would just read.
That deal would have been a disaster without that clause. You'll be glad it didn't happen soon.

blueblood70

Reaction score
no it wasn't sorry MOVE ON

TIRED OF THIS DEBATE DISAGREE smarty move glad moving on time to get better guy..one more player with baggage gone. why do you think LC is on the block..guarntee they add clauses in his as well on a restructure.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
70mil and all the primo legal weed you can smoke. That’s a no brainer...onward thru the fog dude.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is my problem. That Star on his helmet has been his shield through the past years, protecting him, keeping him on a straighter path. And at the first opportunity to pay the team back, he jumps ship… disrespectful!

In my mind he is a bum for this..sorry the Cowboys paid him (while they didnt have to) when he couldnt even touch a football...Sorry this guy is a bum to me now.Way more money no problem..even a little more money...A dont get suspended clause after the crap this guy pulled...BUM