News: U Turn - Randy Gregory Is A Bronco

Gaede

Reaction score
The issue here is that 2 members of the same management team screwed up a negotiation they were hellbent on closing by not being on the same page.

No matter how you feel about the player, that is laughably incompetent by an NFL front office.

It really is. I don't care about losing Gregory, but I definitely care that these idiots couldn't do something so simple as coordinate with each other

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It does if you aren't worth crap on game day. Randy is a heavy abuser when he's anxious.

He found peace and comfort here over time. That's gone, and now he's got millions to spend.

Fair enough. I think you are drastically overstating the game day affects on a weed smoker though.

erod

Reaction score
Im a recovering addict. No where in my contract do they have protection. You cant judge someone based on their past. You sir the worst kind of person there is out there.
And you're not contracted to tens of millions of dollars that hit a salary cap.

Big difference, Skippy.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Question to consider....

Have you ever known a heavy drinker or pot smoker you could trust?

No, you haven't. They always disappoint you in the end.

I resent that remark. Alcoholics and addicts are not trustworthy. But most weed smokers are neither of those things.

Would I give a pothead 70 million dollars and rely on him to be my best pass rusher? Probably not.

phildadon86

Reaction score
And you're not contracted to tens of millions of dollars that hit a salary cap.

Big difference, Skippy.
I remember why I stopped responding to you. You live life high on your pedestal where you can do no wrong. I remember these conversations now. Have a great day.

Tommy

Reaction score
Better to check my brain at the door like you and believe whatever the team tells me?

Uh, no.

:laugh:
The team hasn't told me anything about the Randy Gregory deal. I don't know how things went down.

I'll try one more time with the friendly advice. "It's probably best to not read things on Twitter and call them facts."

But do want you want with that.

erod

Reaction score
I resent that remark. Alcoholics and addicts are not trustworthy. But most weed smokers are neither of those things.

Would I give a pothead 70 million dollars and rely on him to be my best pass rusher? Probably not.
I didn't say drinkers or pot smokers. That's the whole league. I said those with problems with drinking and pot.

phildadon86

Reaction score

I resent this comment. So potheads can be trusted but alcoholics cant? I love how people will justify whatever they can in their own mind. Addiction is addiction. My sponsor is a recovering heroin addict and one of the most trustworthy people I have ever met.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
again i have no problem with RG and his agent saying..Wait a minute...but to just bolt after the history is ridiculous and again doesnt speak highly of RG. So what if he talked to Jerry and Jerry didnt know about the clause? Again thats not the action of someone who was bought in..its the actions of someone who was already on the fence to go.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Cowboys had language in the contract to protect themselves. Smart move by our front office. Wasn’t a fan of the contract, spend a couple more million and upgrade to Von or Chandler.

He doesn’t have Micah and D Law in Denver to help free him up in which he still couldn’t manage to get double digit sacks.

We get caught up in the hype, but Dorance Armstrong was just as effective with a lot less snaps.

For the ones cheering because he’s “sticking it to Jerry“ need to reevaluate life. Same crowd that would step over a dollar to pick up a nickel. Complete morons!

But you're fine with the team negotiating in bad faith trying to "sneak in" contact language after a deal had been agreed to? Sounds about right for that type.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
This is my problem. That Star on his helmet has been his shield through the past years, protecting him, keeping him on a straighter path. And at the first opportunity to pay the team back, he jumps ship… disrespectful!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
LOL not at all. They wanted to protect themselves from a player whos been suspended more than he played. I dont blame them at all.

That would be fine if they had done that originally and not tried to switch it at the last minute. And the only issues he's ever had were smoking weed..which is ok now. Stupid by the Jones boys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team hasn't told me anything about the Randy Gregory deal. I don't know how things went down.

I'll try one more time with the friendly advice. "It's probably best to not read things on Twitter and call them facts."

But do want you want with that.

I have. And I will.

Unlike you, I don’t have to work to find ways to excuse this team of its mistakes. My being a fan doesn’t mean I have to kid myself, the way it clearly does for you.