News: U Turn - Randy Gregory Is A Bronco

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
The issue here is that 2 members of the same management team screwed up a negotiation they were hellbent on closing by not being on the same page.

No matter how you feel about the player, that is laughably incompetent by an NFL front office.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, I suspect this leak is coming from Gregory's camp and they can spin it anyway they want. You can negotiate a contract right up until the paper is signed. So no, if they agreed to the monetary structure of the deal (which is basically what most of the negotiating is over anyway as NFL contracts are fairly standard language) but then Dallas came back with a behavioral clause, I don't think that's an outrageous ask.

Now, if they tried to sneak it into a contract, that's a different thing.

Sorry but I’m with Gregory and his agent. That’s bad faith negotiations and they got what they deserved.

Sydla

Reaction score
As someone who has done a lot of negotiations, I believe that the “agreement” between Gregory and the Cowboys was probably just confined to years, dollars, and bonus. The minor terms in the contract were probably not negotiated until they had agreed on the major terms. The Cowboys prematurely announced they had a deal but when Gregory’s agent showed him the “no weed or suspension clause”, Gregory walked away.
I don’t “blame” anybody. Usually, no deal is better than a bad deal. And that is the case for both sides here.

I think this is closer to the truth of what went down.

NFL contracts are pretty standard. 90% of the haggling is over money, years, structure, etc. It's possible they had an agreement on the monetary issues of the contract and then maybe Dallas came back and said we also need a behavioral clause. That's not exactly egregious behavior on Dallas' part. Now if Dallas tried to slide it in at the last minute on purpose or even tried to sneak it in without anyone noticing, that's douchey.

But if the Cowboys wrapped up the numbers and agreed with Gregory on that but then stated they wanted that clause, that's not ridiculous behavior.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That deal would have been a disaster without that clause. You'll be glad it didn't happen soon.
thank you

regardless of when they added it or how it came about this is GOOD

thing the FO is known for overpaying our players, being snookered, and getting losing end of these negotiations and this time they stepped in and decided to add some protection.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sorry but I’m with Gregory and his agent. That’s bad faith negotiations and they got what they deserved.

That's fine. Agents are as slimy as owners so right now I am not sure I'd trust what's coming out of the Gregory camp at this point.

erod

Reaction score
Question to consider....

Have you ever known a heavy drinker or pot smoker you could trust?

No, you haven't. They always disappoint you in the end.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yup. Exactly. Everyone here blaming the player.

I wonder. If I negotiated a clause after the fact with members of the board for Prima Nocte. If they would sign after I tried sliding that clause in there. I bet you they wouldn't lol. Everyone complaining "what grown man needs a behavioral clause anyways" Dez Bryant literally had a babysitter for his time with the Cowboys. And hes a folk legend here.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Question to consider....

Have you ever known a heavy drinker or pot smoker you could trust?

No, you haven't. They always disappoint you in the end.
Oh I remember you. The one who doesnt understand addiction at all. I aint getting into this debate with you again. You have a black and white mind.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Stop reading 3 sentence tweets and then act like you know the details of the negotiations.
:hammer: and defending RG like its his son that got wronged LOL ironic turnround as 75% of this place didn't want this deal done..npw given shot to rip the Jonses family they do an about face. Hypocrites.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Stop reading 3 sentence tweets and then act like you know the details of the negotiations.
LOL. The tweets are from sources inside the STAR. Even Fish who is a mouthpiece for Dallas tweeted about it.

Stop reading my posts if you dont like the truth. You are here defending the FO saying RG left because weed is legal in Denver lol.

Tommy

Reaction score
Im glad it didn’t happen as well but it doesn’t change the fact that the Cowboys ( Stephen Jones) acted in bad faith.
Probably best to not read things on Twitter and then call them facts.

erod

Reaction score
Oh I remember you. The one who doesnt understand addiction at all. I aint getting into this debate with you again. You have a black and white mind.
No, I have a mind that lives in truth and reality.

You can't enter into a contract with an addict without protection. Period.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The issue here is that 2 members of the same management team screwed up a negotiation they were hellbent on closing by not being on the same page.

No matter how you feel about the player, that is laughably incompetent by an NFL front office.
What a joke we have in management.!