News: U Turn - Randy Gregory Is A Bronco

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sure but thats not how your painting it...either it was underhanded or a business desicion..which one? Again if he got mad about the clause and bolted...thats diferent than he didnt want the clause and the Cowboys said see ya around..right?

You're saying it couldn't be both? They ask for something, you don't want it, they don't budge, you use your leverage to get the same money without the clause you objected to. A person would probably do that even without the stuff being reported as underhanded. If it was in fact underhanded, why would you wait around to discuss further? Bolting would have been in order on both fronts. Just business.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well, so far if this is true, we have 3 possible comp draft picks. :laugh:

The more they overpaid for Gregory, the better our pick.

I was always pulling for Gregory, but he's far past that young guy you're hoping fulfills his potential. He hasn't reached it yet for *reasons*. No *reason* for us to think those reasons have disappeared. . And he's past his prime physically. Pushing 30 now. Let someone try to develop the potential of a 30 year old. I'll take the comp pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For adding in clauses after a contract was agreed to.

I did not realize that at the time I made some of my comments.
As I said in a few posts. I can’t blame Randy for taking the Denver deal because it better suited him.

He has to do what he thinks is best for himself, and I have no issues with that.
This will be one of these topics that will go on for a long time as to what really happened. And did or did not Jerry truly know about it.

I hold to my statement of the past week or so. I am fine either way if he stayed or went. But feel more so it was time to move on. I think it the long run this is a blessing in disguise.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The more they overpaid for Gregory, the better our pick.

I was always pulling for Gregory, but he's far past that young guy you're hoping fulfills his potential. He hasn't reached it yet for *reasons*. No *reason* for us to think those reasons have disappeared. . And he's past his prime physically. Pushing 30 now. Let someone try to develop the potential of a 30 year old. I'll take the comp pick.

Agree 100%

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did not realize that at the time I made some of my comments.
As I said in a few posts. I can’t blame Randy for taking the Denver deal because it better suited him.

He has to do what he thinks is best for himself, and I have no issues with that.
This will be one of these topics that will go on for a long time as to what really happened. And did or did not Jerry truly know about it.

I hold to my statement of the past week or so. I am fine either way if he stayed or went. But feel more so it was time to move on. I think it the long run this is a blessing in disguise.

I’m glad that they didn’t end up re-signing him but I’m not happy with adding clauses after the fact. Not cool.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Have you noticed? We have two groups of people posting on this thread. One glad to see Gregory go to Denver and shun Fat Stevie. Another group sad to see Gregory leave and disappointed Steve butchered the deal. Neither group is the least bit tickled with Fat Stevie. Poor guy is having one bad day.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m glad that they didn’t end up re-signing him but I’m not happy with adding clauses after the fact. Not cool.

Also, just bad negotiating. The whole "I owe yah" thing can work, but not if the other side shows bad faith.

We should have agreed upfront to match the market *if* Gregory would give us that clause. The clause should have been the discount. Randy's turn to take a risk on himself that the Cowboys took for him in the draft, and the years of sticking by him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also, just bad negotiating. The whole "I owe yah" thing can work, but not if the other side shows bad faith.

We should have agreed upfront to match the market *if* Gregory would give us that clause. The clause should have been the discount. Randy's turn to take a risk on himself that the Cowboys took for him in the draft, and the years of sticking by him.

‘upfront’ being the key term.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

58762108.jpg

manster4ever

Reaction score
Have you noticed? We have two groups of people posting on this thread. One glad to see Gregory go to Denver and shun Fat Stevie. Another group sad to see Gregory leave and disappointed Steve butchered the deal. Neither group is the least bit tickled with Fat Stevie. Poor guy is having one bad day.

True but why do you have to fat shame him?

Just kiddin'...fat shame away!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah that is like when buying a new car. You have the terms and price. Only to come time to sign the deal. They added another $2,000 in stupid lot and other fees.
Then expect you to say…oh ok…

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
dick move by the FO. i’m fine with RG leaving but lay it all upfront. let the man know about the clauses.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Does Denver still play the 3-4? Because if he's going there as an OLB then he's going to become a all pro.

Mark my words.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Does Denver still play the 3-4? Because if he's going there as an OLB then he's going to become a all pro.

Mark my words.

He'll be good, maybe great. I'll 'mark your words' but it's water under the bridge now. Just one more failed deal by Stephen Jones...add it to the list.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Randy didn't just smoke weed. He disappeared for days smoking weed.

He has severe mental health issues with anxiety.

That requires protection when you're talking about $50 million.
I agree but when u try to finesse and get caught you cant expect the other party to be happy about especially when they have another deal on the table

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike Fisher was right on schedule. WRONG AGAIN! Just this moring he stated that the Denver story was basically untrue and had very little truth to it. He said We will be in the drivers seat...and there was 0 Denver offer on the table. THAT WAS WRONG TOO! Apparently Randy had an offer Last night by Denver,then Dallas came in and matched it but added language after the fact. Well, turns out the Denver story was very much true!!! He strongly implied it was hogwash, a story that was made up by the Denver reporter and an agent that knew each other.. He either lied or he really doesnt have any inside knowledge at the star whatsoever. Fisher is a hack. His smug arrogance showed again. Same with Stephen Jones.