Recommended ****Udfa's Thread****

Bizwah

Reaction score
As an Arkansas fan, I would love to see us pick up Skipper. But I haven't seen anything on him signing anywhere. Anyone have a link that confirms we have him?

fjones

Reaction score
wow I just watched the youtube clips of Levon Myers, realise the level of competition but I love the fact he is playing wayyyyyy through the whistle. (I watched the first play 3 or 4 times to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was. Really enjoyed the effort and nastiness... New pet cat for me!

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
intriguing...

Dan Skipper - T - Razorbacks
Per TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline, Arkansas junior T Dan Skipper "is a lot more than just a big body at tackle rather a surprisingly fluid athlete who can block the edge or dominate run blocking."

The analyst slapped Skipper with a Rds. 3-4 grade. We think Skipper has been done a favor by Arkansas coaches, who shifted him from LT to RT this season, not because he can't handle the left side effectively in the SEC, but because he's likely ticketed for the right side in the pros. Skipper is a nasty run blocker who sometimes has problems playing low enough to stop fluid edge rushers.

Dan Skipper - T - Razorbacks
Arkansas senior T Dan Skipper "has strong hands and does a good job of getting his feet into position to seal off defenders," notes NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein.

"Skipper will move from the left tackle spot to the right tackle spot this season, and that position could be his final destination in the NFL," Zierlein wrote. "The Hogs played bully ball last year and are likely to show more of the same with their loaded running back spot and Skipper fits right into the mindset." Zierlein grades Skipper as the eighth-best offensive lineman in the nation. "While his height will give him some issues against smaller, dip-and-bend edge rushers, he has the athleticism needed to play the position on the next level," Zierlein wrote.
I'm an Arkansas fan. Skipper is tough as nails but too slow footed. Gets QB's killed. Only way he can help you at this level is blocking field goals bc he's 6'10.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...free-agent-signings-tracker-with-live-updates

image.png

_sturt_

Reaction score
Cooper Rush had some pretty good numbers his first two years as a starter, but he dipped below 60 percent as a passer last year, his interceptions went up and his TDs went down.

Read somewhere that his senior year stats are tempered by a higher drop rate, but wherever I read it, it didn't actually provide numbers, just the assertion. (Edit: Sorry to the poster above who already said this... just overlooked your post.)

Watched a few drives of that OK State game and came away with the impression that he's very capable in throwing passes that need an arc, dropping the ball over LBs and Ss outstretched hands, but at best he's average on the straight-line throws... at-best. Judgment? Hard to say because you only get one camera angle and can't really evaluate what other options he had on a given down, but I'll grant a benefit of a doubt to that one. Seems the definition of a bus driver at the college level, but at the pro level, I'm not readily persuaded he even meets that standard... but maybe that's just me.

Don't mind signing the guy to see what you've got when you surround him with superior talent, but he's got his work cut out for him if he's going to best what Showers offers, imo.

And Appleby? Doesn't even appear to have registered on very many draft scouting reports sites... so, not really sure why he was pursued unless we just thought we needed another camp body to take snaps against mini-camp defense (?).

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
No way Skipper is going to make it. 6'10 makes it impossible to win the leverage game

_sturt_

Reaction score