UFC 100: Take Your Pick

neosapien23

Reaction score
DemonBlood;2841713 said:
No, I don't think you're getting me. If you have ever been to Sherdog you would know what i'm trying to point out. Rampage knows that crappy board so I think he would agree. It has nothing to do with opinions because I actually agree with most here. It's hard to have intelligent MMA discussion with blind UFC fanboys though. To them UFC is MMA. It's UFC or nothing to them. It shows they know very little about the sport. Whatever Dana White tells them to think...They think.

Brock has only had 5 fights in his career and all of a sudden they think he can take Fedor. You then try to have a discussion with them about why, in your opinion, you think their being foolish and all of a sudden you get bombarded with Dana White talking points.

Brock has to be the best. He's the UFC champ! Fedor?! He doesn't fight in the UFC which means he sucks!

:laugh2:

They did the same thing with Big Tim, Andrei Arlovski and countless others.

I'm a big fan of Brock, GSP and Anderson Silva but UFC fanboys keep trying to discredit Fedor just to prop those fighters up.

I think your taking your overreaction way too far. Now most fans do assocatiate the UFC with MMA because it is the most mainstream. If Afflicion goes under (which is a strong possibility), I hope the UFC tries to bring in both Barnett and Fedor because as a fan I would love to see them in the UFC taking on Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, Noguira, Mirko, and Couture.

Yes Brock only has five fights in his career, but he already beat the UFC's best in Couture and Mir. I am pretty sure he would dominate other legit contenders like Noguira and Mirko as well. Is he a good technical fighter? No, but his strength will give anyone fits and he is world class wrestler. I think Lesnar would give Fedor problems. Hell a washed up Arlavsky was lighting him up before his glass chin got exposed yet again. No one called out BJ Penn or GSP when they only had five fights. Sometimes you can tell by watching a fighter that they are going to be a force for a very long time.

Lastly, no one was claiming that Slyvia and Arlavsky were the kings of MMA when they were UFC champions. As a matter of fact, they were the biggest reason that most MMA fans thought Pride had the superior talent at the time. People were hoping that Dana White could bring in some Pride fighters because we were sick of seeing those two decision multiple scrubs. Everyone knew that Mirko, Noguira, Fedor, Barnett, and Silva were all superior fighters. All that changed when UFC bought out Pride and took in their roster.

DemonBlood

Reaction score
neosapien23;2841758 said:
I think your taking your overreaction way too far. Now most fans do assocatiate the UFC with MMA because it is the most mainstream. If Afflicion goes under (which is a strong possibility), I hope the UFC tries to bring in both Barnett and Fedor because as a fan I would love to see them in the UFC taking on Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, Noguira, Mirko, and Couture.

Yes Brock only has five fights in his career, but he already beat the UFC's best in Couture and Mir. I am pretty sure he would dominate other legit contenders like Noguira and Mirko as well. Is he a good technical fighter? No, but his strength will give anyone fits and he is world class wrestler. I think Lesnar would give Fedor problems. Hell a washed up Arlavsky was lighting him up before his glass chin got exposed yet again. No one called out BJ Penn or GSP when they only had five fights. Sometimes you can tell by watching a fighter that they are going to be a force for a very long time.

Lastly, no one was claiming that Slyvia and Arlavsky were the kings of MMA when they were UFC champions. As a matter of fact, they were the biggest reason that most MMA fans thought Pride had the superior talent at the time. People were hoping that Dana White could bring in some Pride fighters because we were sick of seeing those two decision multiple scrubs. Everyone knew that Mirko, Noguira, Fedor, Barnett, and Silva were all superior fighters. All that changed when UFC bought out Pride and took in their roster.

You're proving my point. Arlovski wasn't washed up to UFC fanboys until he left and Dana told them he was.

When Big Tim was champ it was the same thing as Brock. They said he was too big for Fedor and that his superior reach would neutralize Fedor.

Samething happened when Chuck Liddell entered the Pride GP. Dana and the UFC fanboys thought he would run through it and win.

neosapien23

Reaction score
DemonBlood;2841784 said:
You're proving my point. Arlovski wasn't washed up to UFC fanboys until he left and Dana told them he was.

When Big Tim was champ it was the same thing as Brock. They said he was too big for Fedor and that his superior reach would neutralize Fedor.

Dude you are so full of ****. Arlovski wasn't washed up to me because Dana White told me he was. He appeared washed up in his last fight with Slyvia when he fought scared and tenative. Arlosky got exposed with a weak chin and has never been the same since. No one said Tim Slyvia could beat Fedor ever. Slvia is just tall and he doesn't possess an outstanding skill set whether it be striking, wrestling, or grappling. As a matter of fact Slyvia just got waxed by an Ex Boxer named Ray Mercer making his MMA debut. Keep hating on the UFC and its fans. It sounds to me like your bitter because the UFC made it to the mainstream and is no longer talked about by hardcore fans only. If anything you should be happy that the sport took off and is making money because UFC fighters fight much more often than boxers and make now where near their amount of money of pro boxers. Maybe if more people continue to tune in then GSP and BJ Penn will make Ricky Hatton, Floyd Mayweather,and Pac Man money. Oscar De La Hoya vs Mayweather was not a die hard boxing fans dream fight, and boxing fans would have rather seen Mayweather go against then EX camp Margarito (before loaded gloves incident was discovered). However, that fight brought in more spectators than a Margarito fight with Mayweather fight would have. Same thing with the UFC, you can't be angry just because they are wildly popular and fighters like Barnett and Fedor get overlooked. If anything Fedor should be aching to get into the limelight and showcase his skills to the uneduated fans. However until the UFC took off, his contract demands were unreasonable. He wanted to fight in other organizations while being a part of the UFC. What if he got injured before a big fight or worse case scenario lost he UFC championship to an outside fighter who had no contractual obligations to defend the UFC title? Thats the same reason Couture was not let out of his contract. He wanted Fedor, but Dana did not want him to lose the title to a fighter outside of the UFC.

One last thing. I really don't want to hear you ***** when Fedor signs with UFC after his Affliction contract is up in his next fight. You should be happy that he will finally get to face Couture, Mir, Carwin, and Lesnar. Even if he waxes all of them, I would still love to see those fights because it removes the possiblity of doubt from debate. Plus think of what a Fedor vs Lesnar fight could do for the sport with the UFC propaganda machine behind it. Yes non hardcore fans would tune in just to see Lesnar, but that does not mean true MMA fans don't want to see this fight happpen.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I for one prefer the UFC and dont want to see MMA turn into boxing where you have 5 different governing bodies and all these different belts. I am hoping the UFC becomes the major leagues (so to speak) of MMA and all the top fighters go there to bang heads. Plus right now there is no denying that the competition there is superior to that of any other MMA body.

Fedor vs Lesner would be a great fight, I have no clue who would win it but I hope it gets done before both are past their primes, unlike the Silva Lidell fight.

I think a lot of MMA fans get caught up in the big names and what these guys did in the past, they need to forget about reputations and look at recent performances. Guys like Lidell and Mirko are done, realize it and move on.

QT

Reaction score
I think Dana White could sell you guys some land pretty easy. Don't believe all the UFC hype. He is a great promoter.

Another thing is about this supposive fight with Lesnar and Fedor, is it going to be in a ring or a cage. Fedor hasn't fought in a cage yet, so there might be some negotiations there. I remember Mirko bought a cage and put it inside his place to train for his first UFC cage fight.

Hype up Lesnar all you want, but Fedor is simply the best. If this fight happens, thats a big IF, Lesnar will try to overpower Fedor and out of nowhere, Fedor will submit him from the ground position. See: Kevin Randleman vs Fedor

Fedor is too smart of a fighter. Alot of people don't care for him b/c he doesn't look intimidating, but youtube his fights and other fight related clips. Fedor is one of the most agile guys not only in his HW division but in all of MMA. For instance, there is a clip where he and a Japanese light weight champ does a fight/demonstration. Fedor basically shows how agile and quick he is compared to a guy that he outweighs by 80lbs. There were no punches thrown but they were doing submission moves.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ugh I had a feeling this was gonna happen sooner or later. It might be time to start the UFC 101 thread

Ren

Reaction score
Rampage;2841923 said:
ugh I had a feeling this was gonna happen sooner or later. It be be time to start the UFC 101 thread

We need the Affliction Trilogy first thread first :)

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7rZnb37cocY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7rZnb37cocY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;2842058 said:
We need the Affliction Trilogy first thread first :)

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7rZnb37cocY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7rZnb37cocY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

you're right I forgot about that. August 1st. I'll start a thread later.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dana White hasnt sold me anything, it is obvious that the overall quality and depth of competition of fighters in the UFC is superior to any other MMA organization. Lets say Fedor is twice as good as any other heavy weight, that is one fighter at one weight class. What other organization has anyone close to GSP, Anderson Silva etc? None that is why the UFC is so popular, not cause Dana White is selling us a bill of goods.

Ren

Reaction score
Doomsday;2842306 said:
Dana White hasnt sold me anything, it is obvious that the overall quality and depth of competition of fighters in the UFC is superior to any other MMA organization. Lets say Fedor is twice as good as any other heavy weight, that is one fighter at one weight class. What other organization has anyone close to GSP, Anderson Silva etc? None that is why the UFC is so popular, not cause Dana White is selling us a bill of goods.

While the UFC has the top dogs in most weight classes the average UFC figthers are not superior to what other organizations have, the level of competition is not higher then in lets say Dream, the champions (excluding HW and possibly LW) are better but that's it.

The only stacked division in the UFC is LHW

QT

Reaction score
Ren;2842396 said:
While the UFC has the top dogs in most weight classes the average UFC figthers are not superior to what other organizations have, the level of competition is not higher then in lets say Dream, the champions (excluding HW and possibly LW) are better but that's it.

The only stacked division in the UFC is LHW

The reason why the UFC is stacked at LHW is because Pride went down. Shogun, Wandy, Rampage, Henderson, etc came from Pride. Pride arguably had better fighters then the UFC. Once Pride went down, the UFC signed most of top fighters.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
QuanTran;2843304 said:
The reason why the UFC is stacked at LHW is because Pride went down. Shogun, Wandy, Rampage, Henderson, etc came from Pride. Pride arguably had better fighters then the UFC. Once Pride went down, the UFC signed most of top fighters.

And the UFC fighters have been puttin it too the pride fighters for the most part.

Ren

Reaction score
CATCH17;2843354 said:
And the UFC fighters have been puttin it too the pride fighters for the most part.

Depends on how you define Pride fighters

Rampage and Anderson Silva where both in Pride but left before then where bought out by the UFC
Both became champs in the UFC something both of them failed to do in Pride

QT

Reaction score
CATCH17;2843354 said:

Well, when Pride was at it's peak, Dana White sent Chuck Liddell over to compete in Pride's tournament and Chuck was beat by Rampage. Rampage was beat a couple of times by Wandy. I think the use of the ropes helps alot of the Pride fighters. Watch how Wandy used the ropes to do muay thai knees on Rampage. Anderson Silva got beat by a sick move by Ryo Chonan in Pride.

Ren

Reaction score
QuanTran;2843890 said:
Well, when Pride was at it's peak, Dana White sent Chuck Liddell over to compete in Pride's tournament and Chuck was beat by Rampage. Rampage was beat a couple of times by Wandy. I think the use of the ropes helps alot of the Pride fighters. Watch how Wandy used the ropes to do muay thai knees on Rampage. Anderson Silva got beat by a sick move by Ryo Chonan in Pride.

one of the craziest finishes i have ever seen

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/267i7rKeECA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/267i7rKeECA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

MrMom

Reaction score
anyone have a decent link to watch the prelims?

i've been able to watch the coleman-bonnar fight, but i can't seem to find the jon jones fight. which is the one i really want to check out.

it's ridiculous you pay 60 bucks for the ppv and the ufc still wants you to pay an additional amount to download the prelims on their site.

Ren

Reaction score
MrMom;2844099 said:

i've been able to watch the coleman-bonnar fight, but i can't seem to find the jon jones fight. which is the one i really want to check out.

it's ridiculous you pay 60 bucks for the ppv and the ufc still wants you to pay an additional amount to download the prelims on their site.

You'll have to download them i'll PM you the link

if anyone else wants a link PM me as I'm not sure what the rules are on posting links to this stuff

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MrMom;2844099 said:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Jon_Jones_vs_Jake_O_Brien_UFC_100?vid=10005565&tid=100

here's a link to an embed video of the Jon Jones fight