UFC 100: Take Your Pick

DemonBlood

Reaction score
CATCH17;2839795 said:
He just fought one last night.

Matt Serra too.

BJ Penn can box.

I doubt Diego comes back to welterweight but if he did im sure he'd get done it too.

The way GSP fights he doesn't need to be the better striker. He just needs to be the better MMA fighter.

Hendo vs GSP would be an epic fight. Because if GSP could control him on the ground he could easily win.

You mean the same GSP that got clipped and beat by little Serra in the first fight? He got clipped in the second Serra fight too but Matt couldn't take advantage. GSP is a beast but I don't trust his chin...He doesn't seem to either since he turned into a wrestler after the Serra fight.

If Serra could do that to him...Imagine what Hendo and Silva could do.

Temo

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2839584 said:
Rampage;2839454 said:
Henderson is becoming one of my new faves. "I doubt he'll ever shut his mouth." :laugh2:

Now Brock on the other hand is classless. "I'm drinking Coors light tonight since Bud light won't pay me, and then maybe I'll get on top of my wife." Nice..

I feel sorry for his wife that night...

neosapien23

Reaction score
For those intrested

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15488/dan...ht-in-the-ufc-brock-lesnar-fight-imminent.mma

http://www.mmascraps.net/2009/07/dana-white-ready-to-make-fedor-vs.html

Those are just two sources. It looks like Dana White is ready to make a big push for Fedor but Fedor and the UFC will have to make concessions. Fedor will have to give up the idea of fighting for other organizations once he signs with the UFC or leaving quickly once he wins the title. The UFC might just have to throw a huge amount of cash to pry him away from Affliction.

Ren

Reaction score
neosapien23;2840382 said:
For those intrested

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15488/dan...ht-in-the-ufc-brock-lesnar-fight-imminent.mma

Those are just two sources. It looks like Dana White is ready to make a big push for Fedor but Fedor and the UFC will have to make concessions. Fedor will have to give up the idea of fighting for other organizations once he signs with the UFC or leaving quickly once he wins the title. The UFC might just have to throw a huge amount of cash to pry him away from Affliction.

Affliction is probably as good as done after Barnett vs Fedor, what other fight could they possibly put on after that?

neosapien23

Reaction score
Ren;2840401 said:
Affliction is probably as good as done after Barnett vs Fedor, what other fight could they possibly put on after that?

I hope the UFC signs both fighters after this bout. I would love to see Mir vs Barnett and Lesnar vs Couture.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
No disrespect to Fedor, cause I think he's amazing and would very likely beat Brock, but I'd laugh my *** off if he fought Brock, and got smashed, because the love fest some give to Fedor, as if he's some unbeatable machine who can not ever, in his entire lifetime, be defeated, is hilarious.

A Fedor loss would cause quite a few people on this forum alone to crawl into the fetal position and cry for weeks on end.

But, like I said, I think Fedor would likely defeat Brock. I just don't think it's an open and shut case like some seem too.

Ren

Reaction score
I think there's a bigger chance Fedor loses in 3 weeks vs Barnett (he'll destroy Barnett too) then there is that he'd lose to roid rage at this point. If he keeps fighting long enough he will eventually lose (probably by stoppage cause of a cut) but it won't be to Brock.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2840405 said:
No disrespect to Fedor, cause I think he's amazing and would very likely beat Brock, but I'd laugh my *** off if he fought Brock, and got smashed, because the love fest some give to Fedor, as if he's some unbeatable machine who can not ever, in his entire lifetime, be defeated, is hilarious.

A Fedor loss would cause quite a few people on this forum alone to crawl into the fetal position and cry for weeks on end.

But, like I said, I think Fedor would likely defeat Brock. I just don't think it's an open and shut case like some seem too.

Lesnar can beat Fedor regardless of what anyone tells you.

My money would be on Fedor to win the fight but Lesnar has such dominant ground and pound from any position.

He is like Uma Therman in Kill Bill when she had to break out of the Coffin.

He only needs an inch of space for that fist to do significant damage.

Mir is a better all around fighter than Lesnar as well. But Lesnars natural abilities are just to much.

Plus he is a legit wrestler.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
neosapien23;2840382 said:
For those intrested

Good stuff man.

neosapien23

Reaction score
One thing about Brock Lesnar puzzles me. Should people be skeptical of him because he more than likely used steriods in the WWE? I honestly believe that Mir and Couture were better fighters technically, but his superior strength was too much for them to handle. I don't think Lesnar ever took steroids when he was wrestling as an all American or now as a UFC fighter, but his past with the WWE raises my eyebrow. How much of his strength is a result of his hardwork from the gym and how much is from steriod use? Should people think less of him if he never used steriods and just overpowered a technically superior fighter in Mir. Absolutley not. It took countless hours in the gym to make that phsyicallity. However, I will always wonder if he ever used steriods in the past and if he did how much it has contributed to his massive physique. If he used steriods for the years he was in the WWE the results do not just magically disappear after steriod use is done.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
neosapien23;2840508 said:
One thing about Brock Lesnar puzzles me. Should people be skeptical of him because he more than likely used steriods in the WWE? I honestly believe that Mir and Couture were better fighters technically, but his superior strength was too much for them to handle. I don't think Lesnar ever took steroids when he was wrestling as an all American or now as a UFC fighter, but his past with the WWE raises my eyebrow. How much of his strength is a result of his hardwork from the gym and how much is from steriod use? Should people think less of him if he never used steriods and just overpowered a technically superior fighter in Mir. Absolutley not. It took countless hours in the gym to make that phsyicallity. However, I will always wonder if he ever used steriods in the past and if he did how much it has contributed to his massive physique. If he used steriods for the years he was in the WWE the results do not just magically disappear after steriod use is done.

He most likely used roids at some point but he has never tested positive for them and I doubt he does them at the moment.

He trains like a mad man though as far as conditioning is concerned so a lot of it is legit.

So until their is 100% proof he did roids than it is what it is.

Hes the Heavyweight champion of the world no questions asked.

neosapien23

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2840405 said:

I think Fedor is the number 1 heavyweight right now, but he is not unbeatable. He has never stepped in there with a Randy Couture, Frank Mir, or Brock Lesnar. He decisioned Noguira and could never finish him. Barnett will be his toughest challenge ever and I would not be surprised if he lost.

Ren

Reaction score
People need to stop throwing Mir's name out there as a great fighter Mir's only impressive win ever was against Nog who was no where close to 100% for that fight

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ren;2840537 said:
People need to stop throwing Mir's name out there as a great fighter Mir's only impressive win ever was against Nog who was no where close to 100% for that fight

So hes a great fighter until Brock beats him right?

Mir has really good stand up and incredible BJJ.

For a big guy he is the total package.

The only problem is he walked into a brick wall.

Mir is a top heavyweight and in my opinion the 3rd best in the world right now. Behind Fedor and Brock.

Ren

Reaction score
CATCH17;2840543 said:

I've never been a fan of Mir i can't think any less of him now cause i never thought that highly of him to begin with.
Only reason i picked him in the Brock fight was cause of my dislike of Brock

Mir doesn't deserve to have his name mentioned in the same sentence as Fedor

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2840543 said:

Mir has really good stand up and incredible BJJ.

For a big guy he is the total package.

The only problem is he walked into a brick wall.

Mir is a top heavyweight and in my opinion the 3rd best in the world right now. Behind Fedor and Brock.
Frank Mir was never a great fighter. beating Wes Sims and Tank Abbott don't make you a great fighter. he looked like he was gonna be a great fighter but than he had that motorcycle accident. he doesn't have really good standup and he doesn't have incredible bjj. he has decent standup and good bjj. he is far from the total package because mentally he's not all there. he took Brock lightly and talked a ton of crap cause he thought he was better than what he really is.