• Conor

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Khabib

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Maybe McGregor and his team shouldn't talk about the guys hometown and his father.

And major luls, UFC should have to pay half the fine. They pump this up, antagonize it, and blast is through social media up, reap in massive rewards for doing so, and then are shocked when something happens.

You're not wrong.

Can you imagine J.J. Watt goes on TV and talks crap about Tom Brady's family and religion?

Dana is at all those conferences and never tells them to keep it professional.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Bottomline is this...Conor and his crew went looking to stomp-out Khabib back at UFC 223, to the point they crashed the event, chased down the bus and Conor infamously throwing a dolly at the bus window like a bunch of unprofessional thugs.

Khabib kept his cool the entire time leading up to this fight. He then proceeded to dominate McGregor and within the Octagon. I seriously liked the fact he held on to the neck crank a little bit extra after Conor tapped-out, then talked some smack and Conor just sat there folded on the ground.

I've got ZERO problems with Khabib's crew jumping in the ring and roughing up McGregor or his coaching staff in the crowd.

McGregor likens himself after as thug of sorts, so it's entertaining to see him when he gets his card pulled.

Frankly, I wish someone popped Drake while they were at it.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bottomline is this...Conor and his crew went looking to stomp-out Khabib back at UFC 223, to the point they crashed the event, chased down the bus and Conor infamously throwing a dolly at the bus window like a bunch of unprofessional thugs.

Khabib kept his cool the entire time leading up to this fight. He then proceeded to dominate McGregor and within the Octagon. I seriously liked the fact he held on to the neck crank a little bit extra after Conor tapped-out, then talked some smack and Conor just sat there folded on the ground.

I've got ZERO problems with Khabib's crew jumping in the ring and roughing up McGregor or his coaching staff in the crowd.

McGregor likens himself after as thug of sorts, so it's entertaining to see him when he gets his card pulled.

You can't like the sport and like how that went down, man. It might be entertaining to some degree, but it's not good for the sport.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You can't like the sport and like how that went down, man. It might be entertaining to some degree, but it's not good for the sport.

Two things can be equally true: 1) It may have not been good for the sport and 2) I enjoyed every second of it.

zerofill

Reaction score

Horrible for the sport... It was incredibly hard to get it accepted, and then they have the Khabib slapping Conor's friend, with his buddies with him. Then Conor attacking a bus with his buddies, then the stuff tonight. At some point you have to think about the sport that is paying your bills.

I can guarantee you DC gave him an earful backstage.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Horrible for the sport... It was incredibly hard to get it accepted, and then they have the Khabib slapping Conor's friend, with his buddies with him. Then Conor attacking a bus with his buddies, then the stuff tonight. At some point you have to think about the sport that is paying your bills.

I can guarantee you DC gave him an earful backstage.

The UFC is established. This is no longer the fledgling sport it was back in the 90s.

You're not going to see states pulling away from the UFC. Besides, I've seen similar if not worse things happen in and outside of a boxing ring and somehow the sport survived.

zerofill

Reaction score
The UFC is established. This is no longer the fledgling sport it was back in the 90s.

You're not going to see states pulling away from the UFC. Besides, I've seen similar if not worse things happen in and outside of a boxing ring and somehow the sport survived.

Still pretty big difference since we have had gloved professional boxing since the late 1800s. That makes it pretty established. Not to mention UFC is a far more brutal sport then boxing.

The UFC, started in 1993... but in reality, it didn't truly start as being anything but a toughman contest until the Fertittas, and Dana got it in 2001. It just finally became legalized in New York (where I live) in 2016. After the bus incident, they were already not allowing Conor to fight in NY now. They also started talking about banning it again. That obviously didn't happen... But the UFC as far as a real sport, started in 2001. So it is still technically in it's infancy. So I believe in many ways it can still be on shaky ground in some states.

Nevada is doing a lot of PR, because of things like the shooting there. They are being tough on people, because they don't want anymore bad press in Nevada. Yeah when you think how gambling came to be, and the mob lol.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Here is a good angle of the brawl

That was great.

I'm sorry, I get that folks percieve this as bad for the sport in general, and I get that, but just on a visceral level I enjoyed it. Conor is a legendary crap talker. He projects himself as an unbeatable fighter that does what he wants, when he wants, to whomever he wants.

Khabib and his crew shut Conor and his crew up. It was great seeing him rocked multiple times (I didn't see that on the initial replays) and folded up against the fence.

Again, you keep asking for that smoke you can't be acting surprised when someone obliges you.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Unexpected, but not surprising.

This is what you get when you make a show out of a sport and some people can't tell the difference between show and sport.

FTWayne

Reaction score
That was great.

I'm sorry, I get that folks percieve this as bad for the sport in general, and I get that, but just on a visceral level I enjoyed it. Conor is a legendary crap talker. He projects himself as an unbeatable fighter that does what he wants, when he wants, to whomever he wants.

Khabib and his crew shut Conor and his crew up. It was great seeing him rocked multiple times (I didn't see that on the initial replays) and folded up against the fence.

Again, you keep asking for that smoke you can't be acting surprised when someone obliges you.
Man I loved it.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score

:clap:

chagus

Reaction score
That's what happens when you start listening to crappy music.

visionary

Reaction score

Connor is a thug and bully
He inappropriately talked about Khabibs family and religion then got the crap beat out of him
Ive got no sympathy for the look at me self styled hyped up bully
Khabib showed poise and dominated McGregor