• Conor

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Khabib

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Conor's money was already paid. Khabib's was not.

You can NOT go into the crowd. That is a fan safety issue and becomes a legal one.
Same for people entering the ring.

Ultimately, it's just more free press for the UFC.

But Khabib will likely have issues fighting in Vegas again for a couple of years and his underlings will be banned.

But man Khabib destroyed him. Exactly what a prime GSP/McGregor fight would have looked like.
Wrestling always trumps boxing in MMA. Always has and always will.
If Khabib gets the belt stripped then Conor is big winner as he likely gets another massive pay day to fight GSP.
Figure GSP is super rusty and loses he gets an additonal 2-3 M to fight Khabib again in 2 years.
Maybe they'll sneak a Ferguson or Diaz fight in there as well for the money....
Could see Diaz travel to Russia to fight Khabib.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Both are each other's kryptonite. Neither can even be remotely competitive with the other in their specialty. McGregor can easily sleep Khabib. Khabib can easily maul McGregor while talking to him throughout.

I'm going with Khabib. I just don't like where Conor's at right now. He's got too much going on outside of fighting like releasing his own whiskey a week ago. He's got Drake with him at weigh ins. He's coming off of a 2 year lay off. I question where his head's at and if he truly will be the fighter he was before or if he's lost that edge.

He came into the UFC talking about how obsessed he was. How fighting is his entire life. Now he's living the superstar lifestyle. He's made his money. He's accomplished his goals. That has to matter in fight preparation.

Meanwhile all the Russian thinks about is this fight. There are no distractions. This is his goal.

So Khabib by TKO in round 3. If I'm right it's going to be the first time Conor legitimately gets his butt kicked in an MMA cage and it's going to be a really embarrassing and bad beating. Khabib is a slow death and all while he talks to you. With everything that's gone on in the lead up to this fight that's going to be tough for McGregor to live with.

But...if Conor can pull this off I think he will have the most impressive resume in the history of the sport. Champ Champ. Slayed two seemingly unbeatable giants. Made the most accomplished LW ever look like he had some kind of palsy. KO's over Mendes and Poirier. Dominant win over Holloway with a torn ACL. Wins in 3 weight classes. This is legend stuff here.
This sounds like a Rocky script lol. McGregor hardly training, making appearances here and there, celebs stopping by for photo opps. Meanwhile Clubber Lane, err, Khabib is working in his basement gaining the eye of the Tiger lol.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

Conor didn't throw a punch at the guy that clocked him.

The dude in the red shirt punched Conor in the back of the head. Only cowards do that. It amazes me how many cowards there are who punch people who are not looking. That is pathetic and weak.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
For all the talk about Conor's vaunted striking, it was Khabib who landed the better strikes and looked the more formidable of the two while they were exchanging on their feet. Beautiful moment when Khabib sat Conor down with the overhand right.

Smith22

Reaction score
Not a fan of the madness after, but boy oh boy did I enjoy that *** beating Connor got. Icing on the cake was khabib putting Connor down with a punch. As soon as khabib got him down in round 1, I was confident in a khabib win.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The dude in the red shirt punched Conor in the back of the head. Only cowards do that. It amazes me how many cowards there are who punch people who are not looking. That is pathetic and weak.

Keep your head on a swivel is the only rule in a brawl snowflake.

iamliko22

Reaction score
Conor's money was already paid. Khabib's was not.

You can NOT go into the crowd. That is a fan safety issue and becomes a legal one.
Same for people entering the ring.

Ultimately, it's just more free press for the UFC.

But Khabib will likely have issues fighting in Vegas again for a couple of years and his underlings will be banned.

But man Khabib destroyed him. Exactly what a prime GSP/McGregor fight would have looked like.
Wrestling always trumps boxing in MMA. Always has and always will.
If Khabib gets the belt stripped then Conor is big winner as he likely gets another massive pay day to fight GSP.
Figure GSP is super rusty and loses he gets an additonal 2-3 M to fight Khabib again in 2 years.
Maybe they'll sneak a Ferguson or Diaz fight in there as well for the money....
Could see Diaz travel to Russia to fight Khabib.

I remember Conor jumping in crowd to taunt Aldo after a win.. And then jumping in a ring to slap a referee in other instance.... He never got suspended by ufc.. Khabib destroyed him.. He shouldn't have jumped out of ring at all.. Conor threw first punch when his guys jumped in ring. Weird situation and weird that Conor got paid immediately without any review but khabibs is held.. Seems bias.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I use to like McGregor but I'm glad that Khabib kicked his ***. You don't bring a man's family into the situation until you are ready for hell to be paid.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
McGregor started that by swinging at Khabib's boy. His punkass got what he deserved.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
McGregor started that by swinging at Khabib's boy. His punkass got what he deserved.
Nope. If the guy Conor started it with did this than yeah he got what he deserved. However another guy coming in sucker punching him should never be seen as brave or good.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I remember Conor jumping in crowd to taunt Aldo after a win.. And then jumping in a ring to slap a referee in other instance.... He never got suspended by ufc.. Khabib destroyed him.. He shouldn't have jumped out of ring at all.. Conor threw first punch when his guys jumped in ring. Weird situation and weird that Conor got paid immediately without any review but khabibs is held.. Seems bias.
Conor jumped in a Bellator ring, UFC had nothing to do with it.
Anyone arguing Khabib doing a flying kick into the stands is justified for any reason is simply brain dead.

People with common sense understand Conor is trying to promote fights and boost salaries.
The nonsense Conor pulled in promotion stunts is why Khabib made 2 M for this fight.
Khabib was literally starting a brawl in the stands and thus negating his pay day.

Khabib is a much better but dumber fighter.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Anyone arguing Khabib doing a flying kick into the stands is justified for any reason is simply brain dead.

People with common sense understand Conor is trying to promote fights and boost salaries.
The nonsense Conor pulled in promotion stunts is why Khabib made 2 M for this fight.
Khabib was literally starting a brawl in the stands and thus negating his pay day.

So the dolly through the bus window was part of the promotion?

Get outta here with that.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score

People with common sense understand that racism, bigotry, and violence are not acceptable ways to promote fights. Dana bears most responsibility for his lax attitude towards the outlandish antics of his entitled golden boy. Is anyone surprised that a fracas followed the fight? It was practically part of the script that the UFC itself authored and promoted.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Nope. If the guy Conor started it with did this than yeah he got what he deserved. However another guy coming in sucker punching him should never be seen as brave or good.
McGregor deserves everything he got. He is an arrogant piece of ****.

iamliko22

Reaction score

People with common sense understand Conor is trying to promote fights and boost salaries

People with common sense see the second video is the ufc not bellator... Exactly same actions as khabib. He was praised for it though.