Ultimate Chris Palmer Conspiracy Thread***merged***

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Why do people even care about this story?

put the words Dallas and Cowboys together in any article and it will get attention.

goshan

Reaction score
This is definitely a case where DC.com wrote the story and were ready to break it as soon as it was confirmed.

They went ahead and wrote the article, had the webmaster post it to the Content Management System and would have migrated it to the home page as soon as they had stronger confirmation. It was stored in a non-linked URL which was picked up by RS feeds.

The story still wasn't confirmed a day later so they manually changed the date so that it would not automatically be picked up by the internal site crawler which would have posted the headline to the home page. Also, the date change meant that it wouldn't be picked up by other crawlers around the web.

This isn't something that a hack would do--not that interesting or malicious enough. Also, the fact that Mickey reported it shows that the DC media had the story and were convinced it was a done deal.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
goshan said:
This isn't something that a hack would do--not that interesting or malicious enough.

This 13-page thread suggests otherwise. :)

Only kidding. :cool:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Why do people even care about this story?

DC.Com posted Palmer was named Saints OC and it was WRONG. Never happened. Sorry if you don't care its a very interesting occurence or in this case - non occurence!

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
oh i don't know...

it's the offseason???

It's a good thing Parcells' hiring didn't coincide with these Palmer rumors.

The Tuna might have been bumped to Page 2. :)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
goshan said:
This is definitely a case where DC.com wrote the story and were ready to break it as soon as it was confirmed.

They went ahead and wrote the article, had the webmaster post it to the Content Management System and would have migrated it to the home page as soon as they had stronger confirmation. It was stored in a non-linked URL which was picked up by RS feeds.

The story still wasn't confirmed a day later so they manually changed the date so that it would not automatically be picked up by the internal site crawler which would have posted the headline to the home page. Also, the date change meant that it wouldn't be picked up by other crawlers around the web.

This isn't something that a hack would do--not that interesting or malicious enough. Also, the fact that Mickey reported it shows that the DC media had the story and were convinced it was a done deal.

Sounds like they were caught with their pants down!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
DC.Com posted Palmer was named Saints OC and it was WRONG. Never happened. Sorry if you don't care its a very interesting occurence or in this case - non occurence!
Like I said, so the hell what? I don't care what the Saints are doing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dale said:
It's a good thing Parcells' hiring didn't coincide with these Palmer rumors.

The Tuna might have been bumped to Page 2. :)
LOL

No kidding.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Like I said, so the hell what? I don't care what the Saints are doing.

And who the hell cares about what you think about what the Saints didn't do that DC.com misrepresented......

Palmer interviewed in Dallas for an OC job Wednesday :laugh2: or you miss that?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
And who the hell cares about what you think about what the Saints didn't do that DC.com misrepresented......

Palmer interviewed in Dallas for an OC job Wednesday :laugh2: or you miss that?
No, I didn't miss it. I didn't care then, and I don't care now. If he were some kind of Coach I admired it would be different.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
No, I didn't miss it. I didn't care then, and I don't care now. If he were some kind of Coach I admired it would be different.

I don't give a damn why you don't care.

Its newsworthy and a lively discussion as noted by all the posts generated by members. Have a great evening.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Palmer to Dallas as OC still alive and kicking!

Can't bury that bad boy fact!