Ultimate Chris Palmer Conspiracy Thread***merged***

superpunk

Reaction score
1fisher said:
gonna be a loooooonnnngggg offseason! much:flipflop: ing going on!

I can't wait until the super bowl is over, and the Russ Grimm humping starts. :abuseme:

trueblue1687

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Mods, is there a knee-jerk emoticon? Cuz it would go nicely as a response to this....

Amen! See the 7 page thread for some good knee jerking or just plain jerking. For a story that just ran this morning, it is old news if Palmer ALREADY has been hired....before the interview!!:lmao2:

trueblue1687

Reaction score
FLCowboyFan said:
That is because Payton hated working for Parcells, resented BP calling plays and having Payton just prepare the game plans.....no wait that is what Payton is doing :lmao2: Maybe he thought that BP was actually smart doing it that way?

Payton hated working for Parcells so much that he styaed around last year instead of going to the Raiders- a team who spends the money for good players unlike NO. I would guess he was quite happy to have his job with Parcells from that point of view. i like how everyone knows what is said and done behind closed doors with regards to play calling and preparation. Geez, Parcells don't let media into the locker room let alone air the coaching laundry. Seems like alot of guys assume alot (break that word - assume- down)

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
trueblue1687 said:
Payton hated working for Parcells so much that he styaed around last year instead of going to the Raiders- a team who spends the money for good players unlike NO. I would guess he was quite happy to have his job with Parcells from that point of view. i like how everyone knows what is said and done behind closed doors with regards to play calling and preparation. Geez, Parcells don't let media into the locker room let alone air the coaching laundry. Seems like alot of guys assume alot (break that word - assume- down)

I assume you saw my poking fun at this thinking in my post?

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
AtlCB said:
Board reaction to Chris Palmer:

Chris Palmer gets interviewed by Dallas:
What is Parcells doing???? This guy stinks as OC!!! Look at what he did with Cleveland and Houston!!!

Chris Palmer gets a job as OC at New Orleans:
What is Parcells doing???? This guy is the last decent coordinator who is still available!!! Now we'll see how good he is with the Saints!!!

Error. Chris Palmer only gets an interview as the Saints QB coach:
Waiting for next board response.
Brilliant post!

Remember--it was originally a rumor, so it must be true (like all those rumors based on anonymous sources).

So maybe we should add:

Mickey/JJT/Newey/Fisher said they heard it from their friend's sister's co-worker's dog-walker's garbageman who also picks up from Valley Ranch, & it sounds like something that bas**** Parcells would do because I don't like him--so it must be true!

OMG, he didn't hire someone yet & the skins have!! What could he possibly be thinking?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?! The Boy Blunder has one--I want one too!!!!!! I don't care what it is, or what it does, or whether it will actually be effective--I WANT IT BECAUSE DANNY HAS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Kittymama said:
OMG, he didn't hire someone yet & the skins have!! What could he possibly be thinking?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?! The Boy Blunder has one--I want one too!!!!!! I don't care what it is, or what it does, or whether it will actually be effective--I WANT IT BECAUSE DANNY HAS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To counter, it could be said also that Daniel Snyder and Joe Gibbs have a playoff victory that we do not. Just saying.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
That is classic! LOL and so true.

Guys, chill! Even if the great and omniscient Palmer were to end up on a differnent team, the Dallas Cowboys will go on. Breathe in... Breathe out.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Chris Palmer is like the first girl you just break up with. You're sick of her and can't stand her, until she starts dating another guy. Then you got to get her back.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
For now, a Thursday evening DallasCowboys.com report claiming that the Saints have hired Chris Palmer as their offensive coordinator appears to be inaccurate.
Or they jumped the gun. The report is now off the site, and no other news organziation has picked it up in Texas or Louisiana. Stay tuned.

Jan. 27 - 9:32 am et

for more updates visit http://gryphononcowboys.blogspot.com/

THE GRYPHON

KingTuna

Reaction score
If we don't get Palmer then we are probably stuck with Tony Sporano as our O/C!!! uuuggghhhhhhh

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
For now, a Thursday evening DallasCowboys.com report claiming that the Saints have hired Chris Palmer as their offensive coordinator appears to be inaccurate.
Or they jumped the gun. The report is now off the site, and no other news organziation has picked it up in Texas or Louisiana. Stay tuned.

Jan. 27 - 9:32 am et

for more updates visit http://gryphononcowboys.blogspot.com/

THE GRYPHON

The page was a hoax I initially tried to access but 15 minutes later it was embedded in DC.com? Site hacked? I thought it was a done deal - Palmer to Saints? What is it?

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Nors said:
The page was a hoax I initially tried to access but 15 minutes later it was embedded in DC.com? Site hacked? I thought it was a done deal - Palmer to Saints? What is it?

I don't know what it is...but I couldn't verify the article on any other site or forum.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
I don't know what it is...but I couldn't verify the article on any other site or forum.

Saints website said they hired an Offensive coordinator and his name is not Palmer.

Good ctach - DC.com may have been hacked.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The article doesn't strike me as a hoax because the style seems to be pretty constant with the other articles written there. Adam would probably be a much better judge of this, though, given his eye for detail and pretty much everything else. :)

TonyS

Reaction score
Here's the article from AP with no mention of Palmer, but Doug Marrone as OC.

Saints hire Vitt, two other assistants

Associated Press
Posted: 2 hours ago

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The Saints hired former Rams interim coach Joe Vitt as linebackers coach Friday.

New coach Sean Payton also hired Doug Marrone as offensive coordinator and offensive line coach, and John Bonamego as special teams coach.
Vitt, who also will carry the title assistant head coach, took over in St. Louis six games into last season when Mike Martz was sidelined for health reasons and ultimately led the Rams to a 6-10 mark.

Before his promotion, Vitt was the Rams' assistant head coach-linebackers. From 2000-2004, he served as Chiefs linebackers coach.

Vitt was the Packers' defensive backs coach in 1999. He also coached linebackers for the Philadelphia Eagles and spent 10 seasons with the Seattle Seahawks.

"I worked with Joe at the Eagles and the one thing you can say is that his players always excel," Payton said.

Marrone, a former offensive lineman who played the 1989 season with the Saints, spent the last four seasons with the New York Jets as offensive line coach. Marrone spent the 2001 season at the University of Tennessee, where he worked with the tight ends and offensive tackles.

Bonamego enters his eighth year in the NFL after a three-year stint with the Packers as special teams coordinator.