Ultimate Chris Palmer Conspiracy Thread***merged***

heavyg

Reaction score
Wow I thought this was a done deal also. Strange things are happenin....lol

clayman

Reaction score
Vitt had some great soundbytes this season...glad he got a job...he's a serious goomba.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MAJOR SCREW UP - NEVER HAPPENED AND STORY PULLED

Or site hacked - story was dated Jan 18......

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Nors said:
MAJOR SCREW UP - NEVER HAPPENED AND STORY PULLED

Or site hacked - story was dated Jan 18......

Was it dated Jan. 18 yesterday, though? I read the story and even glanced at the date and never noticed anything strange. Anyone recall if it had an old date yesterday?

Also curious is that no author's name was listed on the article. Rarely do they ever post such an article, and usually only when it's one that is essentially a staff report. Mind lend some credence to the idea that the site was hacked.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dale said:
Was it dated Jan. 18 yesterday, though? I read the story and even glanced at the date and never noticed anything strange. Anyone recall if it had an old date yesterday?

Also curious is that no author's name was listed on the article. Rarely do they ever post such an article, and usually only when it's one that is essentially a staff report. Mind lend some credence to the idea that the site was hacked.
original article posted yesterday.

Saints Hire Palmer As Offensive Coordinator
DallasCowboys.com Report
January 26, 2006 6:12 PM

IRVING, Texas - One day after the Cowboys interviewed Chris Palmer to replace the departed Sean Payton, the former Bill Parcells assistant coach accepted a similar position with, of all people, Payton and the New Orleans Saints.
http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=714465&postcount=55

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:

Dale:

Here's my recreation of last night. I went into the thread. Went to the saint site and reference to story. At that point it was all there but NONE of the links to the rest of DC.com worked. I tried many. That was my first concern this was a copy and edited hoax web page. (easily enough done)

I posted hoax here but 15 minutes later after your post it was indeed on DC.com after going through Witten story to news page.

On the date that is now Jan 18. I didn't notice that but thought the 6:00 was odd as this was transpiring at 9:00+..... also it was/is odd the link to that story has all sorts of linkage that usually des not appear on normal DC.Com links/stories. Also if story was copied January 18th was when all the Payton hire stories were out......
w

Now its gone and Saints release Marrone as Offensive coordinator now. I have to at least be concerned on a hack. Just not like Parcells to release a story before Saints even make an announcement. And to top it - made no sense Palmer to Saints.....

Payton on Marrone:

"Doug brings a wealth of experience from both the professional and collegiate level. His leadership and success coaching the offensive line position make him an excellent choice to serve as offensive coordinator. It will be important that Doug and I have a close working relationship and I am pleased he has decided to join our staff."

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Nors said:
Dale:

Here's my recreation of last night. I went into the thread. Went to the saint site and reference to story. At that point it was all there but NONE of the links to the rest of DC.com worked. I tried many. That was my first concern this was a copy and edited hoax web page. (easily enough done)

I posted hoax here but 15 minutes later after your post it was indeed on DC.com after going through Witten story to news page.

On the date that is now Jan 18. I didn't notice that but thought the 6:00 was odd as this was transpiring at 9:00+..... also it was/is odd the link to that story has all sorts of linkage that usually des not appear on normal DC.Com links/stories. Also if story was copied January 18th was when all the Payton hire stories were out......
w

Now its gone and Saints release Marrone as Offensive coordinator now. I have to at least be concerned on a hack. Just not like Parcells to release a story before Saints even make an announcement. And to top it - made no sense Palmer to Saints.....

Payton on Marrone:

"Doug brings a wealth of experience from both the professional and collegiate level. His leadership and success coaching the offensive line position make him an excellent choice to serve as offensive coordinator. It will be important that Doug and I have a close working relationship and I am pleased he has decided to join our staff."

Since it would have been a breaking news story yesterday, the strange thing that also popped out to me was that it was never accessible on the main page...right? It could only be accessed through other articles? Hmm.

jlust22

Reaction score
I heard Mickey on with the Hardline last night on his Ranch Report and he did say sources were telling him that Palmer was going to be hired as the Saints offensive coordinator. Obviously, it looks like his sources got this one wrong and Mickey had the incorrect information.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
jlust22 said:
I heard Mickey on with the Hardline last night on his Ranch Report and he did say sources were telling him that Palmer was going to be hired as the Saints offensive coordinator. Obviously, it looks like his sources got this one wrong and Mickey had the incorrect information.

I wonder if they wrote the story, anticipating this story breaking later that night, but never intended for what went online to actually go online?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Dale said:
I wonder if they wrote the story, anticipating this story breaking later that night, but never intended for what went online to actually go online?

I would bet that is what happened, and the reason it can still be accessed is because although they destroyed all the hyperlinks on their main site. Shortcut links could still get you to the story because it was still on the server

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I believe it was Adam a few years back that had a link to a second dc.com website that is used internally to test out stuff like this before it is posted live.

I wonder if that site was tapped or as Dale said - maybe they had the story ready in case and it went out by accident?

But for a Saint board to catch it and not Dallas fans? hmmmmm

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Nors said:
But for a Saint board to catch it and not Dallas fans? hmmmmm

If this doesn't show we're slipping, I don't know what does.

I expect each and every member of this site to be here bright and early tomorrow -- say, 5 a.m. -- to begin early training for next season. :cool:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:
If this doesn't show we're slipping, I don't know what does.

I expect each and every member of this site to be here bright and early tomorrow -- say, 5 a.m. -- to begin early training for next season. :cool:

We need to step it up - noted:p:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
bump for the conspiracy theorists...

NORS :D

We were duped, mislead big! There was not one credible reporting of the Palmer OC hiring by Saints yet someone hoaxed it or put up a story on DC.com premature!