Ultimate Petitti Thread...

fortdick

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
he's given up 18 sacks this year! that has to be a record!

Didn't Tucker do that last week against the Skins?

Both tackles need help and unfortunately, you can only help one at a time. This is Tucker's third year and he isn't showing any since of getting it. Pettit has already out played Tucker, so I would like to give him another year or two before I say he is as bad as Tucker.

ddh33

Reaction score
Both of the tackles were holding the team hostage today...

I think they are both good, hard-working kids who have potential. Unfortunately, neither one is playing at starter level.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
fortdick said:
Didn't Tucker do that last week against the Skins?

Both tackles need help and unfortunately, you can only help one at a time. This is Tucker's third year and he isn't showing any since of getting it. Pettit has already out played Tucker, so I would like to give him another year or two before I say he is as bad as Tucker.

That is because Tucker should be a guard not a tackle like he was in college IMO Tucker has talent but the coaches have been trying to make him a tackle when he should be a guard

Hiero

Reaction score
Marcus McNeill im 06. he hasnt given up a sack for ages, and he is a big monster. 1st rd pick.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I agree. Hey, his ole man comes off like a nice guy and I know he tries. But he flat out sucked today. He was worthless in blocking Peppers, had a costly false start on 3rd and 5, and had an awful/bush league personal foul that gave Dallas 1st and 25 when they were trying to move the ball.

I could live with a tackle needing to be protected, but this is getting ridiculous. Hopefully he won't get Bledsoe killed and he improves greatly next season.

Rich......

Dallas31

Reaction score
Petitti will be a nice backup RT next year....if he makes the roster.

No way he's starting in 2006.

Dallas31

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
That's the problem. If we saw some preogression it would be a different story but he's just making the same mistakes over and over again.

i think he's actually getting worse as the year goes on

kdog

Reaction score
Hey! he is a six round draft pick! here is a novel concept. If parcells picked up a few proven FA oline men besides rivera. we would not be discussing the kids inability to block premeire pass rushers. Get off of his back and address parcells dumb move leaving us with a 6th round draft choice to block for drew bledslooooooooow!

Dallas31

Reaction score
kdog said:
Hey! he is a six round draft pick! here is a novel concept. If parcells picked up a few proven FA oline men besides rivera. we would not be discussing the kids inability to block premeire pass rushers. Get off of his back and address parcells dumb move leaving us with a 6th round draft choice to block for drew bledslooooooooow!

i agree wholeheartedly.

Bill shoulda had some tackle depth.
But Rogers was looking good in camp, then got hurt, and Vollers got hurt.

By the time all this happened, not much was left to get I guess.

jlust22

Reaction score
In the offseason, the Cowboys have to acquire a new starting RT. Be it, in the Draft or FA, they have to fill that hole. It would be insane to go into next season counting on Pettiti to improve enough to be a legitimate RT. I don't watch every team as intently as I watch the Cowboys, but if there is a worse starting RT in the league than Pettiti, I would be stunned. Like others have said, Pettiti has gotten progressively worse as the season has moved on and while one would think he will get better with more experience, he would have to improve 100% just to be mediocre.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally most of you sorta make me wanna snap...

You post on this board on how bad this guy is like it's his fault he went from 6th round draft pick to a starter. Where was the Cowboy brain-trust at to increase our depth considering we had extra cap space?

You ask any person familiar at all with the Cowboys before the start of the season what was the one starter we could least afford to lose outside of Bledsoe and my guess is that it would have been Flozell by a landslide.

So what do we have for a reserve? Tucker? Does this make sense? And I don't think it should come as a surprise to anyone that Rob's play degenerated after Adams went down AND Petitti started getting nicked up.

Personally I think the kid still has potential and you give him an off-season to improve his strength and footwork he could be a very solid tackle.

And those folks that have written him off already? Obviously you're so skilled at picking out talent in this league that I'm sure you're full-time scouts for some NFL team when you aren't sharing your wisdom with the rest of us.

Woods

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

You post on this board on how bad this guy is like it's his fault he went from 6th round draft pick to a starter. Where was the Cowboy brain-trust at to increase our depth considering we had extra cap space?

You ask any person familiar at all with the Cowboys before the start of the season what was the one starter we could least afford to lose outside of Bledsoe and my guess is that it would have been Flozell by a landslide.

So what do we have for a reserve? Tucker? Does this make sense? And I don't think it should come as a surprise to anyone that Rob's play degenerated after Adams went down AND Petitti started getting nicked up.

Personally I think the kid still has potential and you give him an off-season to improve his strength and footwork he could be a very solid tackle.

And those folks that have written him off already? Obviously you're so skilled at picking out talent in this league that I'm sure you're full-time scouts for some NFL team when you aren't sharing your wisdom with the rest of us.

Thank you. Someone had to say it.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy respects his play for a rookie.......who do you want? Rodgers back?

NickZepp

Reaction score
The problem with Petitti is he's a rookie that has no buisness playing against the other teams best pass rusher. But we don't have a choice. If Adams were healthy we would be talking about how solid Petitti has been but instead he's forced to play against pass rushers out of his level right now. Adams injury through the entire OLine off. If we had him we still have good parts to the OLine.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could not disagree more with most of the posts on this thread. It is unrealistic to draft a player in the 6th round who you project to be a player in a year or two and stick him into the starting lineup, and perform every play of every game without making mistakes. Rookie first round players make mistakes and penalities. This young man deserves credit for what he has accomplished this year PERIOD.

Yes he has made mistakes. He will make more. But to overcome a very painful injury and do what he has done this year is really pretty amazing. Especially when you consider all the circumstances.

I hope Petitti has a long career as a Cowboy and I will always be one one of his biggest supporters. His playing time this year has sped up his learning curve big time. Now he will have a off season to get completely healthy and get into better shape for next year.

The transformation from a very overweight college OT to solid contributor on the Dallas Cowboys for seasons to come is a success story most Cowboy fans feel proud of.

watertown

Reaction score
Pettiti will be fine in the future. It is unfortunate that he has to start as rookie with another unexperienced tackle on the other side. I think what is being missed in this is how well Gurode played today. I was very happy with the Rivera signing when it happened but I have honestly been disappointed by his level of play this year.

Hiero

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

I think he would be a great backup. As far as being an all star player, or even a player that can consistently start every game for many years I have toquestion that. We really need to shore up our OL with not just average just to get by players, we need some big pro bowl guys that aren't over 30.

ZRO

Reaction score
If Pettiti and Cundiff are still in Cowboys jerseys after next week, I'm going to be sick.