Ultimate Petitti Thread...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ZRO said:
If Pettiti and Cundiff are still in Cowboys jerseys after next week, I'm going to be sick.
Memo to self...

~Invest in Maalox.~

ZRO

Reaction score
I'm sure there's going to be someone in the draft/free agency available that are better than them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ZRO said:
I'm sure there's going to be someone in the draft/free agency available that are better than them.
I'd say Cundiff is on borrowed time. Petitti earned a roster spot next year and probably beyond.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
ZRO said:

if you dont have names please dont say anything, its just rediculous to say that

ZRO

Reaction score
Sorry I dont have a list of every draft eligible player and free agent in front of me, but if you don't think there's going to be better options at RT and K next year then you need a reality check.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ZRO said:
Sorry I dont have a list of every draft eligible player and free agent in front of me, but if you don't think there's going to be better options at RT and K next year then you need a reality check.
You said in Cowboys jerseys. If you don't hink Petitti will wear a Cowboys jersey after next week you need a reality check.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Enough of the "He's a sixth-rounder..." excuse.

Mr. Irrevelant, the last man taken in the draft was/is even a starter in theis league.

This is the NFL, if you can't handle it, then buh-bye.

This year, Pettiti has made guys look like Hof'ers. Peppers =hasn't had a sack since 12/4, FCOL. Today he looks like he can't be stopped.

Pettiti gets a serious pass here bacause his dad posts here occasionally....that's all there is to it.

If his name were Tucker, he'd be crucified. And that is the truth.

Wahhhh...wahhh....he's a sixth rounder. So what? He's on the field, should I expect crap for play?

Perhaps this is more of an indictment on BP as he can't evaluate talent or he is putting a guy into t a starting position that shouldn't be there......yet.

Either way you look at it, it's not good for BP.

Now, having said that, I expect Petitti to get better next year. I hope he makes it and becomes a shut-down tackle, but he's got more work to do than probably any other tackle in this league.

Hopefully, we'll hire an o-line coach and not a TE coach to teach o-line.

But....give me a break on the "He's a sixth-rounder..." crap. Cuz that is exactly what it is.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ZRO said:
If Pettiti and Cundiff are still in Cowboys jerseys after next week, I'm going to be sick.
Petitti - for year and year to come if we are lucky.

Cundiff - I hope you are right. He doesn't deserve another game check.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cundiff yes but who are we going to replace Pettiti with?

Face it he's the best option we have right now.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Cundiff yes but who are we going to replace Pettiti with?

Face it he's the best option we have right now.

Yes, right now....that's EASY to say because the deadline has passed and we are at the end of the season.

Perhaps his back-up would be a better player, but, becuase of BP's "trust" factor, he doesn't allow it. I guess he trusts Petitti enough to be a turn-stile.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
its not like pettiti was brought in to be the starter, perhaps you should direct some of your hate jacob rogers way

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
koolaid said:
its not like pettiti was brought in to be the starter, perhaps you should direct some of your hate jacob rogers way

Once again, let's give him a pass then....."Gee, it's not his fault, he shouldn't even be starting." or "C'mon guys, he was a sixth round draft choice."

I guess for the last game of the season, I should expect 6 sacks allowed by him, that way, if he gives up less, I'm a happy guy.

I wish I had a job where I could get beat every day and still keep it. Man, the life that some people have.

What is wrong with expecting a guy to do his job?

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Flozell now knows what it feels like for a hot girl to walk into a room with her fat friend.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Once again, let's give him a pass then....."Gee, it's not his fault, he shouldn't even be starting." or "C'mon guys, he was a sixth round draft choice."

I guess for the last game of the season, I should expect 6 sacks allowed by him, that way, if he gives up less, I'm a happy guy.

I wish I had a job where I could get beat every day and still keep it. Man, the life that some people have.

What is wrong with expecting a guy to do his job?

im not giving him a pass for his poor play, but what are you expecting?! If i was told we would start pettiti after we drafted him i would have expected this same results

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
You expected the amount of sacks that we have given up this year?

When he was named the starter, that means you can handle some guys in front of you. You have to admit that he has made some players look better than they really may be. Peppers...not sacks in Oct, and didn't have one since 12/4.....looked like a HoF'er today.

I'd be interested in knowing exactly how many sacks he has allowed and to who. But my stomach won't allow me to go re-watch the tapes to see.

How many sacks are you "expecting" him to give up next week.

Now, having said that, this may shock you......

I expect him to be a starter next year as well....and I expect him to do a much better job as well. I think he MAY have a long career with the Cowboys IF he can stop allowing so many sacks. Now, how long is that "He's just a 6th rounder" excuse going to be used? Will it be used next year if he's the same? Maybe so, but then BP is totally at fault for not upgrading a position that is woefully inept at this time.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
No I didn't however, I honestly expected better protection than what he has gotten this year.

All of the talk by BP prior to the season was about protection.....I'll guarantee you that this isn't what he had in mind. NOBODY had this in mind.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
This type of thread is really getting old. There is no one we can replace him with, get over it. He is our RT until next year's training camp. I predict he will also be the starter coming out of TC next year after another year in the weight room and not having to spend the entire off season losing weight.