****ULTIMATE T.OWENS THREAD *MERGE*

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
My friend told me he was listening to the radio cus we pratically live in philly and he said that he heard hes DEFINITLY out the next 3 games which is awsome

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Maybe I'm alone in this camp, but I'd rather beat the Eagles with T.O. on the field.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Avery said:
Maybe I'm alone in this camp, but I'd rather beat the Eagles with T.O. on the field.
So would I. But I think murph is right and T.O. won't be back at all this year.

Can't wait to see Rosenhaus on ESPN crying about it, too. ;)

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
TheKey said:
Dangit.

Sal said he could come back as early as Dallas.
I kind of doubt that he would just because the Eagles organization is stubborn just like Owens and his agent so i kind of doubt either one is gonna want to give in to the other side. Unless Owens really wants to play in Philly and apologizes to his team, i doubt the Eagles let him return to the team.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Avery said:

sorry, not me. Not in todays NFL. Its by any means neccesary.

Kilyin

Reaction score
This is just posturing by the Eagles Front Office. The Eagles pass more than any team in the NFL. Their QB is playing through injury (supposedly) and they have absolutely zero running game. Who is gonna catch Mcnabb's lame ducks now? Unless they are ready to flush the rest of the season down the toilet, this will be a one game suspension at most.

mrecktid

Reaction score
How can you say they are better off without him????????? 700 yards and how many TD's did he have? No matter what problems they have with him off the field, on the field he plays his game...

Mansta54

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if he plays against us or not. We beat that azz with him and we'll beat that azz without him.. Either way!!! We will hammer them on MNF. Our Dline is too strong for them and their CB's especially Shepperd knows he can't run with Glen and they haven't even seen the speed of Price yet. We'll get them again with the world watching on MNF. I look forward to it...

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I'm loving it! The Eagles are in toal disarray right now. Owens is blaming McNabb for the team not being undefeated (thanks to Irvin for the prompting) when in fact it is their complete lack of a running game that is killing them.

Their defense is not what it has been and is giving up way too many points lately, mostly because they are on the field a LOT. I heard a stat that the Eagles are 2nd worst in the league for the numbre of 3-and-outs they have had this year. With no running game to sustain drives they are wearing out the defense by not giving them any rest between series and it is showing. They played much better early in the season but have really worn down over the last 4 weeks.

What is most telling to me though is that none of the Eagles players are taking Owens to task for his comments and attitude. You would expect someone on that team to stand up and hold Owens accountable for his big mouth but no one is doing that. It shows a major lack of leadership on the team.

McNabb also should make a point of calling Owens out like Staubach did with Clint Longley. Doesn't have to be in front of the rest of the team but TO has questioned McNabb's manhood several times now and it is about time Donovan stood up for himself since none of his teammates are going to do it for him.

Randy White was the enforcer for the Cowboys back in the day and set a few guys straight, Hollywood Henderson in particular, when they did stuff that was detrimental to the team. The Eagles don't have that kind of leader and it shows.

They need to change their uniform colors to pink and yellow if they are going to show this little testicular fortitude.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
The Eagles if they think they will win without Owens they are crazy especially when their passing ratio is 80-20 compared to the run. Although they weren't gonna win with Owens either.:D

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
They made the NFC Championship 3 times without T.O. and made the Super Bowl last year... again, without T.O.

It might take them a couple of games and some bad losses but they will rally together more than ever in his absence. Their resolve is stronger than some give them credit for.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Avery said:

Sorry but we've done that already, we you need a win, i'll take it even if we play ther second team, 6-3 sounds good whetherTO is there or not.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
mrecktid said:
How can you say they are better off without him????????? 700 yards and how many TD's did he have? No matter what problems they have with him off the field, on the field he plays his game...
Just like the Vikings are better off with out Moss. :rolleyes: Hard to replace a talent like TO, warts and all.

We have been waiting on the downward spiral well hold on to your hats because here it comes.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
They made the NFC Championship 3 times without T.O. and made the Super Bowl last year... again, without T.O.

It might take them a couple of games and some bad losses but they will rally together more than ever in his absence. Their resolve is stronger than some give them credit for.

The difference is that they had an excellent running game and a dominant defense back then that is missing this year. They are absolutely NOT a championship caliber team this season, with or without McNabb or Owens.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I actually want them to beat Washington. That would essentially end the Skins season. Getting blown out by the Giants and then losing at home to the reeling T.O.-less Eagles would shatter whatever confidence they had.

mrecktid

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwickdraw

It's not the same team.

1) Defense isn't nearly as dominant as before.
2) They don't have a legit #1 or #2 receiver. At least before TO, they had Pinkson and Thrash. Greg Lewis doesn't scare anyone.
3) Playcalling has been very lopsided. Now that teams know TO isn't out there, they can concentrate on the run if Reid focuses on it.
4) Mcnabb is playing hurt. Obviously it affects him with his scrambling (or lack thereof) and accuracy.

I'm not trying to be a homer, but those are the facts.