****ULTIMATE T.OWENS THREAD *MERGE*

Mansta54

Reaction score
bbgun said:
So the Skins will get a break but we won't. Great.

I still see the Eagles beating the Foreskins. The Foreskins have ABSOLUTELY no pass rush at all and their Dline is soooo banged up and hurt, McNabb will have all day to find whoever is playing WR for them. Foreskins Oline is banged up too, 42yr old Ray Brown will end up playing for Christina Samuels. Christina's knee is really hurt but she's trying to play anyway cause all they have is a "Old man" in Brown to replace him. Foreskins go down sunday nite...

Kilyin

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Sorry but we've done that already, we you need a win, i'll take it even if we play ther second team, 6-3 sounds good whetherTO is there or not.

Exactly.

VThokie7

Reaction score
I think its funny he is probaly out about 1-3 weeks and he was likely to miss 2 games because of his ankle anyways. Is this the Eagles just trying to make themselves look better by "standing up" to TO when he probaly wasn't playing anyways.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
I think its funny he is probaly out about 1-3 weeks and he was likely to miss 2 games because of his ankle anyways. Is this the Eagles just trying to make themselves look better by "standing up" to TO when he probaly wasn't playing anyways.
No, he was ready and planning to play on Sunday. This is about the team's pride. Read the front page article on the Eagles' web site. I doubt he'll ever play another down.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Just like the Vikings are better off with out Moss. :rolleyes: Hard to replace a talent like TO, warts and all.

We have been waiting on the downward spiral well hold on to your hats because here it comes.
Not even the same zipcode in terms of similarities.

The Vikings were built around Moss.
He had been with that team for years and had made them a competitor.

T.O. simply joined a team (only 1 year ago) that was already dominant before his arrival.

The defense in Philly is its backbone. Its coach is the brains.

The Vikings defense is spineless and Tice has no brains.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't view any of this (at this time) as a very big deal at all. He was already listed as doubtful for this weeks game.

If it's a one game suspension, essentially, this entire thing means next to nothing.

We'll see.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Mwhahahahaha!

The Eagles FO is horrible. They have done nothing but destroy that team. They go to the Super Bowl and then basically dismantle the team. Letting important players go and not bringing in anyone to replace them.

Now this.

T.O. was their offense. McNabb is dinged up, they have no running game and their defense is a disapointment. They're done.

Mwahahahahaha! :lmao2:

Mansta54

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Mwhahahahaha!

The Eagles FO is horrible. They have done nothing but destroy that team. They go to the Super Bowl and then basically dismantle the team. Letting important players go and not bringing in anyone to replace them.

Now this.

T.O. was their offense. McNabb is dinged up, they have no running game and their defense is a disapointment. They're done.

Mwahahahahaha! :lmao2:

Yes they are done BUT they will beat the FORESKINS this week...

Dallas31

Reaction score
Word Comes Down: Owens Suspended

November 5, 2005

Nov. 5, 1:30 p.m. -- Andy Reid slept on his decision. Presumably, he tossed and turned and when he awoke on Saturday morning, he decided that the best thing for the Eagles moving forward was to do so without Terrell Owens.
And, so, as the team gathered at the NovaCare Complex early in the afternoon on Saturday, they did so without Owens, who has been suspended by the team for conduct detrimenal to the team, according to the statement the Eagles issued.

Thank goodness.

Reid made the right call here, cleared the air of the putrid, me-first cloud Owens has carried since that wonderful performance in the Super Bowl. Since that time, he has been all about Terrell Owens, and having a player dominate the aura of a team as he has done is absolutely counterproductive to an effort that requires every person in the building to move in the same direction ... The Eagles will refrain from commenting further on the matter until after the game in Washington, but I will offer some of my opinions here. As you know -- if you've been reading this space since Friday morning -- Owens' comments to ESPN on Thursday night were the final straw for me.

Hey, I understand that the Eagles accept the responsibility of knowing the risk they took when they acquired Owens in 2004. Agreed. They made a deal with Owens, and he lived up to his part of the bargain last year. He was wonderful. He played great football. He was good within the organization.

Owens, last year, worked as part of the T-E-A-M.

And then, after the Super Bowl, he went into his contract snit and has since proceeded to forget about the rest of the players in the locker room, his coaches, and the staff that helped promote him and aid him in any way he needed last year.

I can tell you that I've taken it personally every time Owens has gone off with his selfish actions. He turned his back on the Eagles because he wants more money. Now he has put his future in the NFL in jeopardy because of his greed.

Did the Eagles make a mistake, looking back, when they added Owens? I won't say that. His time as an Eagle may or may not be over, but I will consider the good times of last season as a great highlight of my years here. I will also consider his petulance of this year as one of the lowlights.

Reid did what he needed to do. Does it hurt the Eagles on the field? That remains to be seen, of course. Owens is a marvelous talent, a great wide receiver. But there are other players who have talent and ability and the chance now to step up and play. Instead of Owens catching his 7 or 8 passes a game, L.J. Smith may get a few more passes. Reggie Brown will have his role expanded, something I am excited to see. Billy McMullen, in his third year as an Eagle, has a chance to prove he can play and play well at this level. Darnerien McCants will play on Sunday night. We'll learn more about him.

Now that 70 percent of the offense doesn't go through Owens, maybe the Eagles will get back to more of the essence of spreading the ball around in the West Coast offense.

I certainly think Donovan McNabb benefits from Owens' suspension. I spoke to former Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski on Saturday after news of Owens' suspension came down and the first thing he said was that it is a good thing for McNabb.

"How can Donovan even look T.O. in the face any more, much less work with him in the offense?" said Jaworski. "Owens showed Donovan another blatent lack of respect with his comments. He's been doing it all along. You risk losing the locker room. Had it been me, I would have immediately confronted T.O. in a man-to-man manner. What he did was deal Donovan the ultimate lack of respect."

"I think the Eagles are going to be fine. From a mental standpoint, it had to happen. Otherwise, it would have again been all about T.O. Now the players know he's not around and they have to respond. I think it will bring the team together. Andy has always been able to scheme to get his players open. He'll do the same here."

Nobody knows how the team is going to react against the Commanders. This has been a tumultous period for the Eagles, a wild ride. It could be that Owens has played his last game for this team. Who knows?

I have to admit that, before news of Owens' suspension broke, I was battling the idea of Owens wearing an Eagles uniform. I can tell you -- as I confided to many friends and workers -- that I didn't want to cheer for Owens against Washington. Isn't that sad? I actually wondered how I would react if he scored a touchdown. Instead of giving fist bumps in the press box to my co-workers -- under the guise of "No celebrating in the press box, a professional edict which I break -- very quietly -- when the Eagles score -- I imagined feeling little elation had Owens scored.

Now I don't have to worry.

He's not an Eagle. When you join a team, you pledge to do whatever it takes to win the Super Bowl. You sacrifice individual accomplishments to win games.

I felt Owens did that last year. I applauded him for that. Since the Super Bowl, he didn't care about the Eagles. He cared about catches and touchdowns and his contract.

For one game, at least, the Eagles enter an NFC East game without Owens. I am elated he's not part of the team against the Commanders.

Should he come back, hey, I will trust Andy Reid and his decisions. He is the leader. He is the head coach. He is the one who took the Eagles to the Super Bowl last year and who will win a Super Bowl this season. And if Owens returns, I would expect him to be part of the team again, to work with the organization to try and win a Super Bowl. If he can't do that, he shouldn't come back.

The Eagles march on, a team again, everyone pushing together, everyone working for the common goal. I think it's a monumental challenge to overcome the last few days of headlines, but the Eagles have a better chance to do so -- this is my opinion, of course -- with the 52 players they have on the active roster right now.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Dallas31 said:
Should he come back, hey, I will trust Andy Reid and his decisions. He is the leader. He is the head coach. He is the one who took the Eagles to the Super Bowl last year and who will win a Super Bowl this season. And if Owens returns, I would expect him to be part of the team again, to work with the organization to try and win a Super Bowl. If he can't do that, he shouldn't come back.

Bit delusional isn't he? At least the Cowboy writers aren't such homers.

Dallas31

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Bit delusional isn't he? At least the Cowboy writers aren't such homers.

Yeah I found that line a bit funny in the context of the rest of the article.

The rest of the article shows things crumbling around the team, yet he says the Eagles will win the superbowl this year....

Homer comment of the year!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
We beat them 33-10 with Owens.

Now, if Steve Smith gets suspended, that might be something to get excited about.

K-Mart

Reaction score
If McNabb would of stepped to TO after the 1st confrontation this never would of happened. McNabb sat back and took it and never handled it like the leader he is supposed to be.

This writer doesn't blame the organization for picking him up. They faught to get TO and everyone knew what kind of guy he is. He called Jeff Garcia "a Fa*", if that isn't a hint I don't know what is. The Eagles deserve the blame because you are ultimately held accountable for your decisions, and everyone wants to blame the guy that was/is considered a big risk and trouble maker.

The media is quick to judge "busts" and blame the team that made the selection. Things like "what were they thinking" get thrown around a couple times an hour on draft day, if not more. This was a perfect case of a FA bust. Last thing, Antonio Bryant was a bit of a head case and again everyone blames him. The Cowboys knew he was a head case when they drafted him in the 2nd round. Who's to blame?

Manster68

Reaction score
Has anyone listened to the replay of the Terrell Owens show on WIP 610 AM?

What an absolute joke. He wants to be called Javier because he is in the "Witness Portection Program."

Hey Terrell, why can't you be more creative like Dennis Rodman and be called Orgasm?

dallasblue05

Reaction score
K-Mart said:
If McNabb would of stepped to TO after the 1st confrontation this never would of happened. McNabb sat back and took it and never handled it like the leader he is supposed to be.

This is the real problem and I agree with you entirely however I will finish your statement for ya:D......I think that because McNabb never actually confronted Owens regarding his loud mouth and UNFAIR statements, T.O. doesn't respect McNabb as the "leader" he's made out to be. This, to me, explains why he feels the iglets would be better if Favre were at QB or Manning, because those guys to him epitimize what a leader should be, and I kind of agree with him. If Donovan were a true leader, he would have sat down with the trainers and the Head Coach after the loss to Dallas and said look, I need the surgery. I mean he's done nothing for this team since his injury, and who knows if they wouldn't have a better reecord with Detmer in there.....DM is playing worse than I've seen Detmer plaay before......I think this could be what TO is insinuating, but that's just my opinion........comment as you please, lol

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
Has anyone listened to the replay of the Terrell Owens show on WIP 610 AM?

What an absolute joke. He wants to be called Javier because he is in the "Witness Portection Program."

Hey Terrell, why can't you be more creative like Dennis Rodman and be called Orgasm?

Terrell Owens has a freakin' show?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles suspend T.O. indefinitely for comments

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http:..._pasquarelli&name=SEARCH_storyArchive&srvc=sz
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Terrell Owens was suspended by the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team, a catch-all sanction that team officials imposed after deliberating much of Friday over how to address the latest flap involving their loquacious wide receiver.

Owens, who blasted the organization on Thursday for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago, will miss the Eagles' key Sunday night game against the Washington Commanders.

It is uncertain when -- or if -- he will return to the team.

Under terms of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, a player can be suspended for a maximum of four games for conduct detrimental to his team. It remained unclear if the Eagles have fined Owens; a team source declined to address any financial element of the disciplinary action. A fine would cost Owens $205,882 for every game he misses, based on his salary of $3.5 million for this season.

It is not certain if Owens, who was suspended for a week during training camp, will appeal the latest sanction by Eagles officials. Agent Drew Rosenhaus did not immediately return messages Saturday afternoon.

Rookie Reggie Brown, a second-round draft choice, is expected to replace Owens in the starting lineup when Philadelphia (4-3) meets Washington (4-3) in Sunday night's important NFC East game (ESPN, 8:30 ET).

Critical of quarterback Donovan McNabb and the organization during an interview Thursday with ESPN.com, Owens issued a private apology Friday to teammates, followed by a public apology in which he read a terse statement. One team source said Saturday, though, that Owens' apologies failed to fully comply with all of the conditions that team officials, including coach Andy Reid, had stipulated.

Even after giving his apology, team officials told ESPN.com on Friday afternoon and reiterated later in the evening that the situation with Owens was still under review and hinted that a suspension remained a possibility. Said one team official at the time: "All options remain on the table."

The Eagles spent considerable time Friday speaking with league officials and clarifying through the NFL Management Council various options. Owens was unavailable to the media after his public apology, but he did make his weekly appearance on a Miami radio station.

"Hey, if I am [suspended], I am," he said. "That would be a discredit to the team and obviously it would hurt the team. It would be a sad situation."

The suspension culminated another week of unrest with Owens. Early in the week, he apprised Philadelphia officials that he had sprained his ankle in last Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos, and might require some time off. One day later, he was back at practice and seemingly prepared to play against the Commanders, at least before the latest incendiary incident.

In seven games this season, Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six touchdowns.

This is the second time Owens has been suspended during his controversial 10-year career. While a 49er in 2000, he was suspended one game by San Francisco coach Steve Mariucci following his touchdown celebrations on the Cowboys' star logo at the center of Texas Stadium.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. To check out Len's chat archive, click here
in.gif
. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2214754

STSINAZ

Reaction score
here is the main thing...we dont know how TO is going to react to this...i bet he goes off and gets suspended for the year very soon and just cuts his losses...