***Ultimate Vanderjagt Thread***

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You really have to ask yourself... do you really want to depend/rely on Vanderdrunk when you are in the playoffs and its loser go home... I am not ripping him... I am serious....

xplozno8

Reaction score
It's remarkable to me that we have the most accurate field goal kicker in NFL HISTORY and still can't connect on 2 chip shots. UNBELIEVABLE!

aznhalf

Reaction score
Kickers always blame the holders, hard to know who to believe.

I say just go for it on 4th, save roster space.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Still an 87.5% career NFL kicker.... Good lord all you chicken littles must have flat spots on your foreheads from banging your head against the wall over a preseason game.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Found the blurb this season about a 'heavy' hold from Romo:

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2006/08/vanderjagt_back_on_the_field.html

Vanderjagt back on the field...

Kicker Mike Vanderjagt has made a miraculous recovery and is back on the field right now. The other two kickers produced a 1-for-8 effort this morning.

Vanderjagt has struggled early in camp, but the good news is that we've found the problem.

A "heavy hold" from Tony Romo. Come to think of it, let's just blame all those misses last year on Romo.

Now it's time to move forward.

Headed out to practice. We'll check in soon.

sbark

Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
I think it was Cortez who complained aout the holding both times. Eitherway, I remember reading a tidbit from one of Spagnola's articles early in THIS training camp saying they had to 'adjust' the way Romo was holding the ball or something. Wish I could find that article right now.

I suppose Romo was holding it, setting it up for a fade or cut it into the goalposts, whereas the kicker wanted to draw it in....
can talk to fade, can''t tell a hooker nothing

Parche

Reaction score
Too much money for a 2FG preseason misser, plus you have to keep another one for the kickoffs duties, good bye Vandy, nice to know you.

RoY WiLL!@MS F@N

Reaction score
im starting to think were cursed or something man we shouldve got vinateri he wouldve cost a little more but we wouldnt need 2 kickers on our team so basically were paying more for vandergajt and a extra kicker than wat we wouldve paid for vinateri and if we wouldve got vinateri it wouldve of saved us a roster spot........................ahh but this is just preseason if he does it in the regular season i want him out

Smith22

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Still an 87.5% career NFL kicker.... Good lord all you chicken littles must have flat spots on your foreheads from banging your head against the wall over a preseason game.

When your kicker misses 2 fg's under 40 yards, back 2 back, you SHOULD be worried. If not now, then when do you become concerned exactly? Please tell me.

neosapien23

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

Chicken littles? The man has missed what was supposed to be 2 easy field goals. He is hurt, but can the Cowboys really afford to keep a roster spot for him while Suisham is doing the kicking? Suisham would have at least got one of those field goals to go in and it looks like he will be the kicker going in to Jacksonville.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
i just saw the highlights on sportscenter and wow, how in the hell do you miss two "gimmie" kicks to win the game? not a good start.....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Vandy is going to blame Hurd for dropping the TD pass.