***Ultimate Vanderjagt Thread***

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Still an 87.5% career NFL kicker.... Good lord all you chicken littles must have flat spots on your foreheads from banging your head against the wall over a preseason game.

Right on Pleplaw... People are ready to ignore the fact that he is the most accurate kicker in the history of the game and cut him because he missed TWO FIELD GOALS IN PRESEASON. That's absolutely moronic. Now I'm not happy about it either, but you just suck it up and sign suisham for the first few games until it looks like Vanderjagt is better. Would you cut TO because he had been hurt all PS and then underperformed today? Thank god no one here has any say in what happens because our team would be in trouble if we cut a player every time he was injured and played poorly.

arync

Reaction score
I agree Bill should cut him in the locker room and announce it in the post game press conference

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
RoY WiLL!@MS F@N said:
im starting to think were cursed or something man we shouldve got vinateri he wouldve cost a little more but we wouldnt need 2 kickers on our team so basically were paying more for vandergajt and a extra kicker than wat we wouldve paid for vinateri and if we wouldve got vinateri it wouldve of saved us a roster spot........................ahh but this is just preseason if he does it in the regular season i want him out

Now tell us exactly how do we sign Vinateri when he signed with Indy BEFORE he came here for his interview. We were gonna bring him in, he signed there instead

sbark

Reaction score
Its beginning to be like a 2nd baseman that cant make the throw to 1st base...

Route 66

Reaction score
Yeah and with your thinking, we'd still have Cortez and Carter.

Parche

Reaction score
Yeah, thats it:
-TOo much money
- It was preseason and he missed them, you cant say he missed under pressure, pressure will be on the regular season, not here in preseason.
- You must keep another spot on the roster for kickoffs duties.

VANDY = NO WAY

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Does it look to anyone else that Vandy is raising his head/eyes too fast?

Golf lesson #1 is keep your head down through the swing.

The pic from his miss against Pittsburgh looked like he raised his head/eyes too fast.

p1_vanderjagt.jpg

neosapien23

Reaction score
stag hunter said:
Right on Pleplaw... People are ready to ignore the fact that he is the most accurate kicker in the history of the game and cut him because he missed TWO FIELD GOALS IN PRESEASON. That's absolutely moronic. Now I'm not happy about it either, but you just suck it up and sign suisham for the first few games until it looks like Vanderjagt is better. Would you cut TO because he had been hurt all PS and then underperformed today? Thank god no one here has any say in what happens because our team would be in trouble if we cut a player every time he was injured and played poorly.

Again I say, can Dallas really afford to spend two spots on two kickers? Even if Vanderjagt heals on the bench doesn't he still count on the roster? What if they place in on the pup, does that free up a spot and protect him from another team signing him? If so the best course of action would be to place him on the pup for the next six weeks and have him ready for a playoff push.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
When your kicker misses 2 fg's under 40 yards, back 2 back, you SHOULD be worried. If not now, then when do you become concerned exactly? Please tell me.

How about when it happens in a game that means something

Woods

Reaction score
Vandy will get it together . . . . he's just coming back from an injury. I don't see how the most accurate kicker in NFL history loses his accuracy overnight.

At least this is what I'll be telling myself tomorrow . . . .

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I say release Suey and hope to god no one picks him up.

Let Vandy do kickoffs and FG, and at the first sign of weakness cut his arse and bring Suey back. :mad:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Again I say, can Dallas really afford to spend two spots on two kickers? Even if Vanderjagt heals on the bench doesn't he still count on the roster? What if they place in on the pup, does that free up a spot and protect him from another team signing him?

We had two kickers last year.

Randy White

Reaction score
want him gone, but for " I told you so " reasons. I think Tuna, in his infinite arrogance, really blew it when he fired Steve Hoffman. You add up the salary that Hoffman was paid, plus the salary that that was paid to the kickers he brought in and develop every year, and it would still be less than half of the money spent on CrackerJack.

Now, CrackerJack might come back at some point of the season and make me eat my words by kicking game winning field goals, but I still say that it was a huge mistake of arrogance letting Hoffman go.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Randy White said:
want him gone, but for " I told you so " reasons. I think Tuna, in his infinite arrogance, really blew it when he fired Steve Hoffman. You add up the salary that Hoffman was paid, plus the salary that that was paid to the kickers he brought in and develop every year, and it would still be less than half of the money spent on CrackerJack.

Now, CrackerJack might come back at some point of the season and make me eat my words by kicking game winning field goals, but I still say that it was a huge mistake of arrogance letting Hoffman go.

He blew it by not spending the extra dough to pull in in Vinateiri.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
He blew it by not spending the extra dough to pull in in Vinateiri.

you realize it takes two to sign a contract right?

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Some of you guys are going to regret talking like this later in the season when the games actually matter and Vandy does what he always does.

thomas_22

Reaction score
He missed 2 Field Goals All of the Regular season, now he has those two misses out of the way, lets just keep calm cuz the sky isnt falling yet and he is still better then cortez and cundif, and now he has something to prove to all the people who doubt him and most importantly one of those guys may be Bill Parcells