***Ultimate Vanderjagt Thread***

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Im kinda on the edge here after seeing this performance out of this kicker, but lets just go with the punches, for right now. Im actually scared to go into the season with this drunk. Why didn't the Cowboys just gather some cash up and sign Adam Viniterian?

Catch-22

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
He blew it by not spending the extra dough to pull in in Vinateiri.
Vinatieri never got to Dallas. It was not a question of penny pinching. He visited Indy first, and they gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

neosapien23

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
We had two kickers last year.

Yeah, but only after one kicker was cut. Dallas did not hold on to Cundiff while he healed because they couldn't afford the roster spot. Suisham was on the practice squad not active roster.

Randy White

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
He blew it by not spending the extra dough to pull in in Vinateiri.

I always liked Vinateiri more than CrackerJack, but the Cowboys never had a need for either.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Yes cut him.

Not overreacting here.

Anytime a guy has an all-time career highest percentage of something, he's bound to start being inconsistent.

Law of averages.

This guy is going downhill ever since the shank in the playoffs.

We're in for a long season if we have to depend on his shoe.

Route 66

Reaction score
thomas_22 said:
He missed 2 Field Goals All of the Regular season, now he has those two misses out of the way, lets just keep calm cuz the sky isnt falling yet and he is still better then cortez and cundif, and now he has something to prove to all the people who doubt him and most importantly one of those guys may be Bill Parcells

He had something to prove beforehand is the problem from that miss last year.

Parche

Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
Some of you guys are going to regret talking like this later in the season when the games actually matter and Vandy does what he always does.

I Hope youre right.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Parche said:
Yeah, thats it:
-TOo much money
- It was preseason and he missed them, you cant say he missed under pressure, pressure will be on the regular season, not here in preseason.
- You must keep another spot on the roster for kickoffs duties.

VANDY = NO WAY

First of all... Vandy WILL NOT BE CUT!! Everyone needs to get it through their thick skulls right now.

Secondly, here's a good point... there was no pressure. Who knows what was going through Vandy's head, maybe he was being too nonchalant. Whatever it was, I have one number in my mind.... 87.5% You know what that means right, he misses 12.5%.

When he hits that first game winner, all of you will be like... "I'm soooo glad we spent money for an NFL kicker instead of throwing out all these retreads." Mark my words. Is he gonna make everything?? NO. Is he gonna make most of them? Absolutely.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
I think it was an eye opener to all of us to watch him miss those fairly easy FG attempts but lets not get all bent out of shape about it just yet. Its only preseason and its first game back from the injury. When he starts missing those in the season than you guys can cry and whine all you want.

Catch-22

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Money talks.
Not if there never was any conversation to begin with.

The Cowboys don't miraculously have first dibs on every free agent. The Colts got to Vinatieri first. We never had a shot to sign him. Get over it.

Route 66

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
First of all... Vandy WILL NOT BE CUT!! Everyone needs to get it through their thick skulls right now.

Secondly, here's a good point... there was no pressure. Who knows what was going through Vandy's head, maybe he was being too nonchalant. Whatever it was, I have one number in my mind.... 87.5% You know what that means right, he misses 12.5%.

When he hits that first game winner, all of you will be like... "I'm soooo glad we spent money for an NFL kicker instead of throwing out all these retreads." Mark my words. Is he gonna make everything?? NO. Is he gonna make most of them? Absolutely.

Uh, there WAS pressure when it came to the second one.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Money talks.

Yes and our money never got the chance to talk sinc ehe signed in Indy isntead of making his scheduled visit to Dallas

Parche

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

I hope you right too man, but right now, it feels like too much money and 2 spots on the roster when it must be 1 for me...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Yes and our money never got the chance to talk sinc ehe signed in Indy isntead of making his scheduled visit to Dallas

You never heard of a phone call? If the Cowboys really wanted him, they could have given him a table offer to keep him away from the other teams.