Video: Undisputed: Lombardi's advice to Jerry: It's time to be aggressive

Gabe

Reaction score
No one is trading for Romo. It's a moot point.
If that's the case he should be released. It really doesn't matter if we get anything for him, we just need to get rid of his contract. It helps a little next year, but a LOT in the following years.

Hardline

Reaction score
If that's the case he should be released. It really doesn't matter if we get anything for him, we just need to get rid of his contract. It helps a little next year, but a LOT in the following years.
Releasing him doesn't take the vast majority of the money off the books.

Hardline

Reaction score
Romo's greatest value to the Dallas Cowboys is not a trade. Romo's greatest value is on this team.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I was ahead of the game on this, I posted this several weeks ago and got called every name in the book on here. Now these professionals see what needs to be done.

I also said the same holds true for Dez. That contract needs to go. He doesn't add enough value to justify keeping him around. He is hurt half the time and ineffective half the time he is playing. Our offense slows down ZERO without him and I told everyone this when he went down three weeks ago.

Anyway, we will see how serious Jerry Jones is about building a winner or we will see if he is just happy and content with the past 20 years.

You weren't ahead of the game, bro. Many fine folk on here were saying this since week one. You got the heat for the way you disparaged our (not yours) franchise and players.

Go back to hiding.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You guys are silly.

We have the top 2 QB's in the NFC East.

Romo should start imo.. I know im in the minority but ill accept everyones opinion that Dak should start.

With that said... I would protect ourselves against injury / or a potential 1 hit wonder.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Trading a 36 year old injured QB isn't aggressive. Trading a young QB after 5 games of impressive stats for a bevy of high draft picks...that would be aggressive. Fans would go nuts, but it's one of those moves that could look genius in a few years.

Gabe

Reaction score
Trading a 36 year old injured QB isn't aggressive. Trading a young QB after 5 games of impressive stats for a bevy of high draft picks...that would be aggressive. Fans would go nuts, but it's one of those moves that could look genius in a few years.
I agree that would be agressive. However, I highly doubt the Cowboys want to go down that road as difficult as it is to find a top notch QB. I mean we havent seen one since Troy Aikman.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

An interesting counter point. Jerry would need to have brass you-know-what's to do such a thing. 'Like' for bringing a different perspective, Punch :)

I would never take that gamble, but interesting take, nonetheless. :)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I agree that would be agressive. However, I highly doubt the Cowboys want to go down that road as difficult as it is to find a top notch QB. I mean we havent seen one since Troy Aikman.

You can't help yourself, can you?

Skip the med line, this am?

And you wonder why "everyone says mean things to me" wah wah wah

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Which is why we should just keep both. There is no point in getting rid of Romo.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Assuming that Prescott is the real thing. Romo stays for the season. His guaranteed money is paid out. Logic says he is released. Every club in the NFL know the situation in Dallas. Elway is the only place for Tony and the Broncos will wait. No other club would offer much everything considered.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Assuming that Prescott is the real thing. Romo stays for the season. His guaranteed money is paid out. Logic says he is released. Every club in the NFL know the situation in Dallas. Elway is the only place for Tony and the Broncos will wait. No other club would offer much everything considered.

Many think just trading him this offseason, if even for a mid draft pick, the net plus is getting rid of the contract, not the return, Haley.

I think the Jets would be interested.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Many think just trading him this offseason, if even for a mid draft pick, the net plus is getting rid of the contract, not the return, Haley.

I think the Jets would be interested.
Yes. A mid rd pick is a possiblity. Jets. Interesting. I never thought of them. That could work out. It would be hard to imagine Tony in another Uniform. Are the Jets considered contenders for a SB run?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yes. A mid rd pick is a possiblity. Jets. Interesting. I never thought of them. That could work out. It would be hard to imagine Tony in another Uniform. Are the Jets considered contenders for a SB run?

It's New York (media haven, high/big market), so the thought is that with the great receiving corps they have, as well as the D they have (tho, they have underperformed thus far), that they would be heavily interested. Romo would instantly add season seat sales and give them a bonafide stud, ala Carson Palmer and the Cards.

I think they would overpay.

And, again, it kills me to say this.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Caveat for the Jets trade, Haley, is that it's done this offseason. They've played themselves out of a shot this season.