Video: Undisputed - "There's no way Dak Prescott is a Top 10 QB!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Didnt we also lose to Oakland missing Lamb and Cooper? In overtime.
You called it. Gallup and Wilson both had over 100 and Dak threw for 375.
While the run game was embarrassing...

phildadon86

Reaction score
I respect that. But Kobe had the will to win like the GOAT MJ himself. When Kobe won championships after Shaq was gone, look who he won with. Nobody worked harder and their craft than Kobe did post MJ. Im not saying there aren't any other hard workers, but outside of MJ, NOBODY had the complete combination of hard work, clutch gene, the ability to dominate, and that killer instinct all in one body like Kobe since MJ.

It has nothing to do with him recently dying, Kobe is a top ten player, even if its at number 10.
I dont know how a guy with 5 rings isnt in the top 10. With his accolades. It makes 0 sense to me.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I 100% think "help" makes a QB look better.

That's how Dak has a job right now and got paid a lot of money to do it.
LOL my god man. You are impossible. He would have gotten that pay check and then some on the open market. Top 10 QBs arent easy to find. Ask the other 22 teams that dont have one.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We lost to KC by 9 without our top two WRs. With a better line and a team more prepared, we may very well have closed that 9 point gap. Add a better defense, and you’ve got a formidable team.
Key word: "Lost".

If if's a but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

There are no such things as moral victories. Just win, baby.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL my god man. You are impossible. He would have gotten that pay check and then some on the open market. Top 10 QBs arent easy to find. Ask the other 22 teams that dont have one.
Sure he would've.

All built of the all-pro talent that he has been surrounded with since 2016.

If he would've left and went somewhere else maybe you could be honest about his talent level.

GINeric

Reaction score
You should prolly get away from the stats thing. Comparing stats from one era to another is a lesson in futility. Using that barometer, Phillip Rives is the 6th best QB of all time, and Matt Ryan is will be top 5 if he plays another 2 seasons.

The playoff thingie is for casual fans who can't rate players.

Well tell that to the people who always say "well Dak only has one playoff win". But when you bring up other well known quarterbacks who have done the same exact thing in the same amount of, somehow the narrative changes and the goal posts moves for them.

I dont want to hear about the "era". Dak has put up numbers in his first few years that quarterbacks in this "era" haven't been able to do in that same time frame earlier in their careers.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sure he would've.

All built of the all-pro talent that he has been surrounded with since 2016.

If he would've left and went somewhere else maybe you could be honest about his talent level.
I have been very honest about his talent level. And I am on record as saying he needs to show a lot more than he did the second half of last season.

I also saw him play the first half of last season. So I know he is capable. He just needs to be consistent. You can search my posts my friend. I have been very critical of Dak since the San Fran game.

I just dont go out of my way and make things up to bash the guy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I have been very honest about his talent level. And I am on record as saying he needs to show a lot more than he did the second half of last season.

I also saw him play the first half of last season. So I know he is capable. He just needs to be consistent. You can search my posts my friend. I have been very critical of Dak since the San Fran game.

I just dont go out of my way and make things up to bash the guy.
I have Dak ranked around 13ish when I rank QBs.

But because I don't have him 3 spots higher you guys get so emotional about it.

It's very strange to say the least.

Why does he have to be in the top 10 on everybody lists?

phildadon86

Reaction score

I dont care where he is. I dont care if hes 32nd. I will cheer for him because he is the QB of my favourite team.

Nav22

Reaction score
I respect that. But Kobe had the will to win like the GOAT MJ himself. When Kobe won championships after Shaq was gone, look who he won with. Nobody worked harder and their craft than Kobe did post MJ. Im not saying there aren't any other hard workers, but outside of MJ, NOBODY had the complete combination of hard work, clutch gene, the ability to dominate, and that killer instinct all in one body like Kobe since MJ.

It has nothing to do with him recently dying, Kobe is a top ten player, even if its at number 10.
Intangibles are great, and Kobe had all of what you mentioned, but I’m not sure his overall production/efficiency makes him top 10. No shame in being 10th or 15th, I just thought it was odd that he was listed above Shaq in those rankings.

He never shot 47% for a season (MJ and LeBron, for example, in totally different eras, hit 50%+ regularly) and the Lakers couldn’t even compete post-Shaq and pre-Pau. I won’t count the post-Achilles tear years against him. But his overall resume speaks for itself and I’m big on resume, which is why he’s absolutely in my top 15 (probably more like top 12). I‘ll never forget watching his 81-point game live on TV (55 in the 2nd half!!!!).

GINeric

Reaction score
No problem:

MJ
Magic
Olajuwan
Abdul-Jabbar
Larry Bird

Wilt Chamberlin
Bill Russell
Tim Duncan
Shaq
Moses Malone

Elgin Baylor
Julius Erving
Karl Malone
Oscar Robertson
Steph Curry

Lebron
Kevin Garnett

In no particular order, and any one of them would be great in any era. Bryant would've been benched in the 80's for refusing to play D.

Kareem and Russell wouldn't be as great in this era as they were in their era. Too small, too slow, and much more stiffer than the great athletes of this era. Baylor and O. Robinson may not be as great either.

Steph Curry wouldn't physically make it through the season healthy if he played in the 80's and 90's. They would have beat his *** up. He's still the greatest shooter of all time, but he wouldn't be physical enough to last during those eras.

Kobe would dominate in any era just like most of the people on your list.

Nav22

Reaction score

But you ASSURED us that only Dak homers would rank Dak in the top 10!

I guess NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs are all Dak homers???

Because the other possibility..... is that you don’t know football. And THAT can’t be true!!!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Intangibles are great, and Kobe had all of what you mentioned, but I’m not sure his overall production/efficiency makes him top 10. No shame in being 10th or 15th, I just thought it was odd that he was listed above Shaq in those rankings.

He never shot 47% for a season (MJ and LeBron, for example, in totally different eras, hit 50%+ regularly) and the Lakers couldn’t even compete post-Shaq and pre-Pau. I won’t count the post-Achilles tear years against him. But his overall resume speaks for itself and I’m big on resume, which is why he’s absolutely in my top 15 (probably more like top 12). I‘ll never forget watching his 81-point game live on TV (55 in the 2nd half!!!!).
That was against the Raptors....Why did you make me relive that?

Also. The one argument I always have when Lebron gets brought up in these conversations is.

Kobe made 2 free throws with a blown out Achilles tendon. Lebron left a playoff game with cramps....Lebron has the benefit of getting every single call no matter what as well. I watched a Raptor get a technical in the playoffs on a lebron flop because he got hit by his own teammate and the ref thought a raptor hit him.

I cant stand Lebron James. Off the court the guys a legend. But on the court, hes the product of a bunch of super teams that he himself put together. And his finals record is trash.

Nav22

Reaction score
Kareem and Russell wouldn't be as great in this era as they were in their era. Too small, too slow, and much more stiffer than the great athletes of this era. Baylor and O. Robinson may not be as great either.

Steph Curry wouldn't physically make it through the season healthy if he played in the 80's and 90's. They would have beat his *** up. He's still the greatest shooter of all time, but he wouldn't be physical enough to last during those eras.

Kobe would dominate in any era just like most of the people on your list.
Why wouldn’t Steph survive? There were small guys in previous eras too and Steph jacks like 10 3s/game. He’d be just fine haha.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It doesnt. Its when you make asinine arguments to force him into a certain level that I say something. Personally i dont really care. He doesnt pay my bills. Football is a hobby for me. Not my life. I cheered for Quincy Carter to.
I'm glad you don't care.

You shouldn't.

They don't care about you.

Silly

Reaction score
Is there a way you could say that Dak is in the top 10, but that the team prevents him from winning the big games?

Or can you be in the top 10 in skill, but just not be a winner?