Signed by Cowboys ***Undrafted FA Signings Thread***

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Would love to see us sign Michael Turk as I have not seen that he has signed anywhere yet.

Verdammung

Reaction score

This is someone I have watched. I like him. Decent measurables. Zone runner. Saw explosive production, but looked slow; ended up running a 4.61 40 yard dash. Makes me question if I can actually evaluate TCU RB's, because I've been down this road before.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter how good his tape is and the same applies to Rico Dowdle. They're both fighting for a #3 RB spot, which means the important decider for both of their chances is their special teams ability.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

RamziD

Reaction score
He's 31 y/o and been playing 6 years. You have inside info?

No, not at all. I just feel that’s what we’re going to end up doing dunce we haven’t even tried to address it yet. I don’t think the age of a punter really matters.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, not at all. I just feel that’s what we’re going to end up doing dunce we haven’t even tried to address it yet. I don’t think the age of a punter really matters.
More prone to injury, but Ray Guy beat the odds. Average career of NFL punters is just under 5 years.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Hearing McM comment in the wrap-up presser, my natural follow-up question would've been, "So, given the relationship you appear to already have had with the player, was there some reason to suspect that he wouldn't have signed as a UDFA, so you needed to draft him?"

Snarky question, yes, but seems only reasonable.

Simple answer would be that we didn’t want to risk it. Others could have offered more money than we were willing to pay and he was sitting there for us to guarantee getting the guy we wanted. Next question.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man- I'd hate to trade Gallup, but I do love Jamal.. big difference in the finances too. If they could make it work, I'd have a hard time saying no.
I'd hate to trade Gallup too, but for a trade for Adams to be somewhat realistic, its has to be painful.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mis-added the RBs. Make that 87 including Dak and Woods.
Not sure if our lists are the same, or I made an error.
edited

Hard to tell at this point, as a few players may or may not be actually signed from the list, or either one of us got players from different lists. also a player may or may not have been released. Or I miscounted on my spreadsheet. LOL. Will go over it tomorrow if more players are signed. I would not be surprised if a few players are released from the reserve / futures players.

We are both close enough though.

Last edited:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to tell at this point, as a few players may or may not be actually signed form the list, or either one of us got players from different lists. also a player may or may not have been released. Or I miscounted on my spreadsheet. LOL. Will go over it tomorrow if more players are signed. I would not be surprised if a few players are released form the reserve / futures players.

We are both close enough though.
It's a dynamic process, one that will change almost constantly over the next few weeks. I have tried keeping up with rosters based on the reports of various web sites, but the exact count is an elusive creature. Despite the NFL's rules about reporting transactions, I can't recall an accurate roster list on the Cowboys site in some time.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Hope Kendrick Rogers makes the team as a 5th WR. Would add some diversity to the WR group - they don't have any big red zone targets who can win jump balls

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a dynamic process, one that will change almost constantly over the next few weeks. I have tried keeping up with rosters based on the reports of various web sites, but the exact count is an elusive creature. Despite the NFL's rules about reporting transactions, I can't recall an accurate roster list on the Cowboys site in some time.

I rarely go to the team site. Except for a q quick reference, as to player size or school.
Seems this one at wiki is kept more up to date.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Dallas_Cowboys_roster

Even though so far this year, not up to date as fast or as good as it used to be. But it does seem to be today.

Here are 2 links for transactions, though these to seem to be behind, as of last week.
https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/dallas-cowboys/transactions
It does not have the draft picks yet.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/transactions/DAL/dallas-cowboys
Nor this one, however maybe they won't until they sign their contracts.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Hope Kendrick Rogers makes the team as a 5th WR. Would add some diversity to the WR group - they don't have any big red zone targets who can win jump balls

That's true, but Michael Gallup is pretty good in the redzone.