Unrealistic Cowboys fans blame Romo

rwalters31

Reaction score
I do agree with you. You don't give your QB an OL, running game, or defense, but you tell your QB to win the games and get the team into the playoffs. He just about does that while carrying the team on his back. I call that a great QB but a bad team. I would like to see another QB do the same thing! Try going 8-8 with the worse defense in the league last year, the worse defense in Cowboy history, and the fourth worse in NFL history.

I do agree that Romo's injuries to his back makes it impossible to carry the team on his back anymore. This means that he now needs a team help win games and play in the playoffs.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Romo will end up being the all time Dallas Cowboy starting QB. Staubach and Aikman had both won SB's by this time in their careers and Danny White had already led us to 3 straight NFC Championship games by this time in their careers.Romo is not going to get any better. It's all downhill from here. Yes he keeps us competitive. Yes he wins us a couple games every year but he also loses us a couple. It all evens out thus our 8-8 record. This is the darkest time in Cowboys history because there is no end. Fans always have hope this time of year but in the end nothing ever changes. Romo isn't totally responsible for our problems but he is part of it. He'll look good, even great in some games but when you need him to step up in a big game, he'll fail. Last year he just got hurt before the final game. I had him losing it anyway because I have seen it before. I hope our new OC will start running the football more and give us a more balanced offense because that's our only hope. I've seen Romo throw the ball all over the place for 8 years and while it looks great, it doesn't take us where we want to go.

Tawney88

Reaction score
When Dallas went 13-3 and lost in the divisional game vs the Giants at home, it was Jerry who lost that game with the choices he made to get that 13-3 team? When they lost to the Vikings in the divsional round after totally dominating the eagles the week before it was Jerry who lost that game too? This team has been given chances to win in the playoffs. Sooner or later people are going to have to stop blaming Jerry.
Yeah pointing out individual losses prove your point that Jerry isn't the issue.

Jerry is the root of all the problems in Dallas. He hires all the coaches including the head coaches assistant, coddles the players, undermines the coaches authority. Sooner or later people will have to start realizing the one constant since 1997.

burmafrd

Reaction score
unrealistic cowboy fans think Romo (especially at his age) can win us a Super Bowl.. despite having one playoff win in 8 years.

actually one could argue that considering the number of older QBs that make it to the SB you are as usual wrong

burmafrd

Reaction score
Romo will end up being the all time Dallas Cowboy starting QB. Staubach and Aikman had both won SB's by this time in their careers and Danny White had already led us to 3 straight NFC Championship games by this time in their careers.Romo is not going to get any better. It's all downhill from here. Yes he keeps us competitive. Yes he wins us a couple games every year but he also loses us a couple. It all evens out thus our 8-8 record. This is the darkest time in Cowboys history because there is no end. Fans always have hope this time of year but in the end nothing ever changes. Romo isn't totally responsible for our problems but he is part of it. He'll look good, even great in some games but when you need him to step up in a big game, he'll fail. Last year he just got hurt before the final game. I had him losing it anyway because I have seen it before. I hope our new OC will start running the football more and give us a more balanced offense because that's our only hope. I've seen Romo throw the ball all over the place for 8 years and while it looks great, it doesn't take us where we want to go.

another one who failed football 101

burmafrd

Reaction score
Romo had one of the best OLs in football with Flo/Kosier/Gurode/Davis/Colombo he put up big numbers but it was his late INTs that stopped him

yawn. Same old BS that never stands up to the light of real evidence.

zack

Reaction score
Franchise QBs are so easy to get, just ask the following franchises:

Vikings
Cardinals
Tampa Bay
Rams
Bengals
Texans
Jaguars
Titans
Bills
Dolphins
Jets
Raiders

A lot of Cowboys fans are going to miss Romo when he is gone. We are going to be asking a lot for this franchise to find his replacement.

Tawney88

Reaction score
clearly you didnt watch the Cowbos in 2007 and 2009.

In 2009 Dallas had the #2 offense in the nfl and the #9 defense in the nfl. They were even the 7th ranked rushing team in the NFL. People simply put blame on Jerry Jones because its convenient. He's made mistakes yes, but to say he has not given this team a chance at a winner is downright stupid.
Excusing Jerry's Job as a GM by stating inconsequential stats is stupid. Look I can do it too. Dallas was one of the most penalized teams, although they had the second ranked offense in yards the were middle of the pack in points per game. Since we are talking about 2009 is the GM's draft that year up for discussion too. Yeah Jerry isn't the problem you keep telling yourself that

burmafrd

Reaction score
Excusing Jerry's Job as a GM by stating inconsequential stats is stupid. Look I can do it too. Dallas was one of the most penalized teams, although they had the second ranked offense in yards the were middle of the pack in points per game. Since we are talking about 2009 is the GM's draft that year up for discussion too. Yeah Jerry isn't the problem you keep telling yourself that

just convenient for some to try and find a backdoor way to blame Romo. In the NYG game what about Crayton and Fasano dropping balls and quiting on routes?
In the Minnesota game virtually the whole team stank it up with that to Latin's strange mind great O line collapsing. Yet Latin is trying to blame Romo for it all

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ah, the "You're not really a Dallas Cowboy fan if ..." thread.
What would we do without one? :)

Wood

Reaction score
We know its preseason because of the 'apology' 'hate' Romo threads starts proliferating. Is it any wonder why Jerry threw such a contract his way. Romo is ratings even if I personally think he will under-perform his contract.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
We know its preseason because of the 'apology' 'hate' Romo threads starts proliferating. Is it any wonder why Jerry threw such a contract his way. Romo is ratings even if I personally think he will under-perform his contract.

He's entertaining. lol

Fredd

Reaction score
to the OP, when someone comes up to me an immediately starts spewing the Romo is the bane of our team's existence crapola, I tend to tell them to go and visit the Seahawks website so they can get on board there...it's a FAIR team to follow, despite their rainy WEATHER any FAN would like them, right?...there is nothing wrong with being upset when your team doesn't win, but to throw it on Tony's shoulders is ridiculous...when he is gone, all of these Debbie downers will likely reminisce about the "good ol' Romo days".....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
A lot of Cowboys fans are going to miss Romo when he is gone. We are going to be asking a lot for this franchise to find his replacement.

I don't think they'll miss him if we don't get to a Super Bowl. How many Cowboys fans missed Danny White when he left?
I'm not saying Romo is a bad quarterback. Far from it. But why would fans miss him if he didn't take us to the promise land?
Yes, I know a quarterback doesn't do that by himself. Still, if he doesn't do it, and if we're not getting to the playoffs, what exactly are we missing?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't think they'll miss him if we don't get to a Super Bowl. How many Cowboys fans missed Danny White when he left?
I'm not saying Romo is a bad quarterback. Far from it. But why would fans miss him if he didn't take us to the promise land?
Yes, I know a quarterback doesn't do that by himself. Still, if he doesn't do it, and if we're not getting to the playoffs, what exactly are we missing?

Absolutely and I was a big Danny White fan. Better things happened after he left though.

Section446

Reaction score
Franchise QBs are so easy to get, just ask the following franchises:

Vikings
Cardinals
Tampa Bay
Rams
Bengals
Texans
Jaguars
Titans
Bills
Dolphins
Jets
Raiders

Yeah, I'm going to lose sleep over 8-8 records year after year.

cml750

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Romo, he has been hamstrung with piss poor head coaches for almost all of his tenure as a starter. He is the only reason we have won at least 8 games the last three years given our deficiencies at the HC position. I have my doubts he will ever be the same post back surgery(based on personal experience), but I will continue to root for him like always. I have truly enjoyed watching him and always feel we have a chance as long as he is under center. When I hear people run him down it makes my blood boil. My mother-in-law was blaming Romo for all the Cowboys woes this past weekend and I ended up having to bite my tongue while SMH. People so easily forget our years of QB hell post Aikman.

jday

Reaction score
Romo can't win 9 games with this team and you guys except us to win a sb with him ?

If Romo was a tennis player, this argument might have merit. Romo is 1 of 53 guys. Granted, his piece of the blame-pie might be bigger than most players on the team, but at the end of the day, football is a team sport...and Romo has not had a whole lot of help.