Unrealistic Cowboys fans blame Romo

zack

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to lose sleep over 8-8 records year after year.

I guess you would prefer 3-13 and 5-11 every year. Because getting a high draft pick "guarantees" you a franchise QB and playoff wins just like has done for the above organizations.

zack

Reaction score
I don't think they'll miss him if we don't get to a Super Bowl. How many Cowboys fans missed Danny White when he left?
I'm not saying Romo is a bad quarterback. Far from it. But why would fans miss him if he didn't take us to the promise land?
Yes, I know a quarterback doesn't do that by himself. Still, if he doesn't do it, and if we're not getting to the playoffs, what exactly are we missing?

We are going to miss good QB play. Because you are not guaranteed to have that after he is gone and that is why.

When Aikman retired we had some pretty bad QBs to watch and having to go through with that again is a real possibility.

Again Romo has done his part to be successful and he can't do it by himself.

Eddie

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Romo, he has been hamstrung with piss poor head coaches for almost all of his tenure as a starter. He is the only reason we have won at least 8 games the last three years given our deficiencies at the HC position. I have my doubts he will ever be the same post back surgery(based on personal experience), but I will continue to root for him like always. I have truly enjoyed watching him and always feel we have a chance as long as he is under center. When I hear people run him down it makes my blood boil. My mother-in-law was blaming Romo for all the Cowboys woes this past weekend and I ended up having to bite my tongue while SMH. People so easily forget our years of QB hell post Aikman.

So Romo is the reason why we won 8 games the last three years.

So you don't think a better QB would have gotten us more wins?

Is Romo the end all? So there's no reason to upgrade the position?

There are no better QB's out there?

cml750

Reaction score
So Romo is the reason why we won 8 games the last three years.

So you don't think a better QB would have gotten us more wins?

Is Romo the end all? So there's no reason to upgrade the position?

There are no better QB's out there?

With an idiot head coach who does not know how to manage a game / clock and cost the team an average of two wins a season, then no Romo has not been the problem. Are there better QB's??? sure but Romo has been near the top. There are not many QB's who I would have chosen over Romo and even if we had one they would still be saddled with piss poor head coaching. Now, I do have serious doubts Romo will ever be the same after his surgery and I speak from experience. Personally I would have jumped all over Manziel at 16 given Romo's age and back injury.

lostar2009

Reaction score
If Romo was a tennis player, this argument might have merit. Romo is 1 of 53 guys. Granted, his piece of the blame-pie might be bigger than most players on the team, but at the end of the day, football is a team sport...and Romo has not had a whole lot of help.

False! !! Romo has plenty help on offense and defense the past years. The past 2 years the D has not been that strong but good enough to take us to the playoff in this weak division.
The problem here is the golden boy never take his whipping, similar to the whipping boy. Example our last game in 2012, Ryan took the heat for that game, while it was clear Romo threw that pic. How many jobs has been lost due to the fact we fail to accept Romo short comings?

lostar2009

Reaction score
The 32nd ranked defense was good enough to take us to the playoffs last year?

If we would have won our last game yeah we would have made the playoffs. But I'm looking through the season and I notice how inconsistent our O was.

lostar2009

Reaction score
you need to bone up on football. Clearly you need it.

Ok so are you saying it's false? Or do you not wish to hear it from me?
I understand Romo is the best qb we had since Troy Aikman....it's okay.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
So Romo is the reason why we won 8 games the last three years. Pretty much

So you don't think a better QB would have gotten us more wins? Doubtful, with this Defense on the other side

Is Romo the end all? So there's no reason to upgrade the position? He's not the position that's in NEED of an Upgrade

There are no better QB's out there? Name some & how available they are REALISTICALLY to be acquired to take his place

Carry on.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is this thread here instead of the rant zone? You guys scream about the same'ol Romo threads yet you leave stuff like this. It makes perfect sense.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are legitimate gripes about Romo, but yeah you can't blame everything on him.
This is the best reply in the entire thread thus far.

There have been games which Tony Romo was the main contributing factor for the loss. This fact does not make him different from other very good or elite quarterbacks since there has never been a faultless quarterback. Likewise, Romo has neither been a detrimental aspect of regular season failure nor a negative of postseason futility. By comparison, accurate evaluation of entire games reveal how often Romo's teammates and coaches' shortcomings have been the overwhelming reasons for the team's lack of success year after year.

Football is a team sport. Execution and consistency are fundamental keys for success. If the majority or all members of a team, including coaching, achieves both, success will follow. If one or both keys are not implemented, success remains out of reach.

To the OP, I say this. If you are confronted with an unfavorable Romo accusation, ask this question:

Was Romo the reason why Dallas lost last season's Cowboys/Broncos game?
If the answer is no, allow the conversation to continue. The conversation may include logical viewpoints, no matter how unsavory they are presented.

If the answer is yes, shake your head, walk away, and do not waste your time. Live is too short for nonsensical debate.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I the first thing someones mentions about the Cowboys is Romo, then I don't pay any attention to anything they have to say.

This. If that is the first thing they spout, it is quite obvious, they are regurgitating something they heard somewhere else, or are trying to get into an argument. Romo is far from being a negative for this team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Romo is not the only reason that the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl, but he will give a couple of games away every year .

To the uninformed Romo gives a couple games away a year. The knowledgeable fans actually watched those games and saw that Romo was trying to bring the team back in the game. Having to pass on almost every down because your behind is not conducive to error free play.

burmafrd

Reaction score
To the uninformed Romo gives a couple games away a year. The knowledgeable fans actually watched those games and saw that Romo was trying to bring the team back in the game. Having to pass on almost every down because your behind is not conducive to error free play.

Romo Haters are without a doubt the most twisted type of so called fans we have. No logic; no common sense; basically just all mouth and no thought.