Until the Goon is gone as commissioner

ArtClink

Reaction score
------Yes a quarter of a century later, zero nfc championship appearances because its a conspiracy. Hint: its Jerry

I was being nice earlier, when I said that I'd like this crookedness cleaned up by the time we are decent again....I realize that its not gonna happen until Jerry is dead....there, I said it. I realize that we SUCK, and the Goon does not have control of that....but he DID have control over the Dez catch and all the non holding calls in the loss two years later to Green Bay at home. You know, the same Green Bay team that season who went like 9 1/2 straight games without ONE Offensive Line holding call. If we broke up that pass on the last play of the game today against Baltimore, what do you think the chances are that we do not get called for something? The answer is ZERO chance.

The Dez catch was a game we should not have played in. The Lions were cheated by refs in the wild card round. Dez should have been called for unsportsmanlike conduct and it was flagrant interference on a cowboys defender. Resulting penalty would have sealed game for Lions.

One other note about Dez catch in green bay (it WAS a catch) is that there was almost 5 min on the clock and all packers needed was a fg IF Dez catch was a TD. Our defense could not stop Aaron Rogers and we would have still lost. People act like there was 5 sec on clock when dez scored.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
-----You still think Dez caught that in Green Bay? Oh lawd, lol. Now we know where this is coming from.

Had that been Green Bay, it would have been called a catch....in Green Bay or Dallas.

Sure, pal. The rules at the time were crystal clear but people want things so bad they'll bend reality to ensure they have it. Thus, the big bad Godzilla denied us our moment fantasies get created. 80% of fans didn't even know the rule cited in the Dez no-catch. Pereira even said it would be reversed before they announced it live. Was he in on it too? Lol.

Verdict

Reaction score
We can build the greatest NFL team on earth and the league will find some way to keep us from reaching a Super Bowl. No review on the fumble ran back for a TD....are you serious??? That happens to ANY other team in the league and it gets reviewed, While I did not want us to win a meaningless game tonite, you will NEVER convince me that the officials are not trying to curry favor with the league office and the Goon....they all get a great big back slapping laugh over it....its about damn time Jerry says something....ESPECIALLY in light of no suspension last week for the hit on Dalton. What a joke!!!
I don’t care that we list this game. We had two really bad calls tonight. There is onviously Cowboys bias against us, I don’t care what anyone else thinks. It obvious!

Verdict

Reaction score
You can leave whatever you want but you still didn't make a point. :muttley:

Let's see how many pages we can get of fans blaming Goodell for Jerry's incompetence. I'll make some popcorn.
The Cowboys sucking and the refs/Goodell screwing is are not mutually exclusive. Both are possible.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
------Yeah, it's Goodell's fault that the Cowboys suck.

That is NOT my point....when and IF we are ever decent again, I want this S that continually happens against us to have stopped!!!!

Your point is that you're a crybaby conspiracy theorist. Where were these anti-Cowboys conspiracies in the 90s? They didn't exist because Dallas had championship-caliber teams.

Now that we have pillow-soft teams that wilt under the slightest adversity, we need scapegoats. And who could be a better scapegoat than the big, bad, boogeyman in NYC?

The Cowboys are a joke. Jerry's joke. There's no reason why Cowboys fans have to make jokes of themselves on top of it. :rolleyes:

ghst187

Reaction score
Goodells management of the rules and officials has made the game of football a joke.

Kumala808

Reaction score
they lost, but what the hell was that fumble play. if there is no explanation this league is crap. plus that damn roughing the passer on gregory, this league is powder puff for qbs

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah, the fumble TD play was bogus and I got no idea how they let that stand, but we didnt lose tonight because of the refs we lost because we kicked nothing but FGs. If you cant even score a single TD dont blame the refs for losing.

What posters need to keep in mind is that NFL officiating and the Cowboys sucking are not mutually exclusive events, they can both happen at the same time.

Kumala808

Reaction score
And that roughing the passer on gregory. What a joke call. Just put flags on qbs already

NotForLong

Reaction score
We can build the greatest NFL team on earth and the league will find some way to keep us from reaching a Super Bowl. No review on the fumble ran back for a TD....are you serious??? That happens to ANY other team in the league and it gets reviewed, While I did not want us to win a meaningless game tonite, you will NEVER convince me that the officials are not trying to curry favor with the league office and the Goon....they all get a great big back slapping laugh over it....its about damn time Jerry says something....ESPECIALLY in light of no suspension last week for the hit on Dalton. What a joke!!!
I keep saying it and nobody believes me. . . the NFL is a Billion dollar GAMBLING INDUSTRY . . . I know I know. . . I should be wearing my tin foil hat

Mikejj24

Reaction score
Yeah without that BS non-reversal of the fumble it's a one score game there at the end and maybe we have a shot to tie it up or hell go for two and win the damn thing. We know the team is handicapped now and needed a miracle to win. But this was easily the best defensive effort all season and all things considered the o-line held up okay. We knew we were up against it with a rookie at QB making his first start.. but the team battled .. At this point that's all we can ask for.. and it would have been nice for the refs not to screw them out of a chance to cash it in.
T
The defense did play better, with more effort for sure tonight. It does not mean they are any good. The Eagles are horrible on offense right now. The Steelers will remind you how bad they are next week.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

The Dallas Cowboys and the Superbowl should never, ever be mentioned in the same sentence.

Hardline

Reaction score
Fans of 16 teams are complaining about bad calls today .
Well 15 I should say.
Theres a game tonight.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Next April when we're sitting atop the draft, we'll remember this Goodellian "slight" and laugh. :laugh:

Blue64

Reaction score
The Cowboys are bad and that's obviously not on Goodell, and I can tolerate a bad call here and there but these refs blew it.

The phantom hold on Schultz, the bizarre defensive touchdown that didn't get reviewed and the onside kick with no explanation decided this one.
Oh and let’s not forget the 7th round QB with no arm strength and even less experience.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I’m really sure the league really cares about the 2-5 cowboys coming in to tonight.

GODell does.

Cops drop Zeke's case. His own female investigator told him to drop it. So what does GODell do? 2 games? 4 games? ...nope SIX GAMES!

This...after an awesome 2016, and Jerry sassing him hard. GODell personally put the lid on it out of revenge.

And yes....we do suck. But I expect the officials to call the game fair and consistent anyway.