Twitter: Update: Gregory appeal hearing is going forward in NY today - Post #135

yimyammer

Reaction score
I don't think this timeline has changed.

That's Bull ****!

This isn't rocket surgery, make a damn decision already & quit leaving Dallas in limbo. Its a double penalty imo to tease Dallas and then suspend him at the last minute before the playoffs when the roster spot and practice time and attention could be given to someone else.

CWR

Reaction score
The very fact that his appeal seemed to be expedited tells me everything I need to know.

He will be suspended and we will not have him for the playoffs.

It doesnt upset me in that if he did wrong (by the league rules) he will be punished accordingly. What is upsetting is my recollection (admittedly vague) of players stretching out thier appeals for much lengthier periods of time. This seems to have happened much faster then reported initially. All I really ask for in order to not feel like we are getting screwed is consistency.

Anyhow, Id love to be wrong but yall may want to get used to the idea of not having Gregory for this run.

JBS

Reaction score
The very fact that his appeal seemed to be expedited tells me everything I need to know.

It doesnt upset me in that if he did wrong (by the league rules) he will be punished accordingly. What is upsetting is my recollection (admittedly vague) of players stretching out thier appeals for much lengthier periods of time. This seems to have happened much faster then reported initially. All I really ask for in order to not feel like we aret getting screwed is consistency.

Anyhow, Id love to be wrong but yall may want to get used to the idea of not having Gregory for this run.

Time frame seems right..it was reported months ago that he was appealing

dallasdave

Reaction score
woah.gif
:lmao2:

CWR

Reaction score
Time frame seems right..it was reported months ago that he was appealing

The Williams wall -

In our earlier post, we noted that the players would have to exhaust their legal options this summer in order for their four-game suspensions to apply to the start of the regular season. But Brian Murphy of the St. Paul Pioneer Pressreports that appellate cases in Minnesota take an average of NINE MONTHS TO ONE YEAR for resolution. Assuming that the upcoming appeal follows a similar timetable, the earliest a ruling would come down is February 2011.

So this is probably where I got the idea of his appeal going through so quickly. But this is clearly an entirely different situation. Their original suspension was for violating the NFLs anti-doping policy.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Over under what? You do know there has to be a total involved to play over under right?

I was hoping you were going to define
Over under what? You do know there has to be a total involved to play over under right?

It was more of sarcastic response, open ended for you to define your own mythological number... I guess I could have used buying/selling instead for those that wanted to provide a definitive response...

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Do they have the option to take it to a higher court of law just to delay? I mean the Pats did it with Deflategate, but not sure if same rules apply for substance abuse suspensions

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think its pretty obvious that Randy isn't going to be playing for us in the playoffs..............the only real question is how many games he is going to miss next year as well. If they tag him for the entire season, meaning he is gone until 2018, we might as well just move on from him.

I have never seen a player that missed basically 2 entire back to back seasons come back and become a stud, just too much time off to recover from. Its actually pretty sad, the dude has the skills to be a legit starter but just cant keep from getting high.

What a way to just waste all that God given talent because you cant keep from lighting up a blunt.:(

csirl

Reaction score
It's easy to understand why the hearing is expedited particularly because its an appeal. Think about the mess the league would be in if Gregory made a game winning play in a playoff game that he ought to have been suspended for?

Reaction score
It's easy to understand why the hearing is expedited particularly because its an appeal. Think about the mess the league would be in if Gregory made a game winning play in a playoff game that he ought to have been suspended for?
or cleared so there's no questions or strings attached. I'd like to think the appeal hearing taking place despite Gregory not having representation means it was more a procedural thing and the circumstances surrounding his last mix up will result in him being cleared.

visionary

Reaction score

It doesnt upset me in that if he did wrong (by the league rules) he will be punished accordingly. What is upsetting is my recollection (admittedly vague) of players stretching out thier appeals for much lengthier periods of time. This seems to have happened much faster then reported initially. All I really ask for in order to not feel like we are getting screwed is consistency.

Cowboy fans need to stop whining and open their eyes
Do you think jerry had any less power in the NFL than Mara or Craft? No
Then why are they able to delay or expedite things Jerry can't?
It's simple, Jerry saves his influence for when his money stream is affected by NFL rules because his priority has always been money and not winning
Get used to it

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Do they have the option to take it to a higher court of law just to delay? I mean the Pats did it with Deflategate, but not sure if same rules apply for substance abuse suspensions

That is always an option but you have to show the judge that there is reasonable evidence that the league didn't follow their own rules. If you can do that, you will likely get an injunction. If not, the judge will throw it out right there.