News: Update: McCarthy out of surgery for acute appendicitis - Post 105

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If he can't make the game on Sunday I wonder who will call the offensive plays?

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
sign of ill omen...it's insane how much luck the Eagles have gotten this season

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hope he gets well soon.

If it’s the same as my experience with appendicitis, he’ll be pretty bad off the next few days but might be able to move around by Sunday fairly well. Appendicitis is such a gnarly feeling.

I don’t know how safe it’d be for him to be on the sideline however. Potentially getting ran into by a DLineman or whatever after abdominal surgery probably isn’t good.

I wonder if Quinn will be the interim.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. He's taking a real chance being out there. He needs a security detail and keep his head on a swivel.

McCarthy's a bad*** though. He'll be there. Our head coach can beat up your head coach.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I hope he is well. Appendicitis is the BEST news given his weight, age, work schedule...he doesn't look like he's in the best of health.

That said...we might almost benefit from having Dan Quinn rally the team this week. Who would call the plays...? ...I guess Schotty...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
They could also appoint Fassel as the sideline head coach. He filled in as interim when the Rams fired Fisher.

Kwyn

Reaction score
It is a conspiracy if he is coaching the team on Sunday. Or just fantastic advancements in medical procedures. Wish this was the case back when Jimmy Smith had his appendix issues while still with the Cowboys.
It’s pretty common for an appendectomy to be outpatient surgery these days.

I’m sure he was up and walking within an hour or so.

He might call the plays from the booth if he’s experiencing significant pain but there’s no real reason he can’t coach unless there’s a complication.

links18

Reaction score
It’s pretty common for an appendectomy to be outpatient surgery these days.

I’m sure he was up and walking within an hour or so.

He might call the plays from the booth if he’s experiencing significant pain but there’s no real reason he can’t coach unless there’s a complication.
Is he going to be medicated on Sunday?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If they win big MM will have to schedule surgery right before every big game,,, next to go is the spleen.
Lasic surgery pretty quick and easy. Maybe remove a boil? We’ll have to get a list going and take this sucker all the way to the Super Bowl.