Upgrade the quarterback position and all our problems with the offensive line are solved

kskboys

Reaction score
Actually, they are the problem - AT TIMES. Dak is the problem - AT TIMES. There is absolutely no absolutes in the offensive struggles. A 10 year veteran QB would make a difference just based on experience, but to say the OL is totally blameless is patently wrong.
The extreme polarization of every topic is just silly.

In this case, the arguments should be more along the lines of which is more at fault. The OC, Dak, the OL, the receivers, having no TE of starting quality, Zeke being stupid. All of those are playing a part in this mess. I prolly missed a couple.

Thing is, until we set up an O to play to Dak's strengths, we won't know exactly what's going on. So, IMO, the OC is the biggest problem. There is much data to back that up, namely the fact that our backups have looked decent elsewhere, but terrible here. Opinion.

cern

Reaction score
if only qb's grew on trees. two really good ones last night in rams vs vikes game.

Big_D

Reaction score
I still believe that we don't know what Dak can be, and will not know until we get a competent OC.

A competent OC and HC or the same guy. Garrett needs to be replaced in order for this team to really move forward. Right now the Cowboys are in a position where it's either Dak or Garrett. I really see no other road on this one? A coach who can't win no matter who lines up or a QB who might be able to win something with a different coach? That's what it boils down to. The latter gives you more options while the first one leaves you none at all. That is the current state of this football team IMO. But Jerry and the offspring probably still think everything is fine? or they'll just blame someone else? Cause that's how they roll. This is the time where the newest scapegoat is chosen for the chopping block.

JustChip

Reaction score
White was sacked like 46 times his last year, and guess what, some of that was put on the porous O-line. Isn't that something! That 46 sacks was partially put on the O-line. Dak is headed for over 50 in a 16 game season. He has been sacked 34 times in the last 11 games. In the 11 games prior to that? 24. Tell me the O-line isn't part of the problem. Only Prescott haters make this all about Prescott. Go ahead, draft a QB first round next year and don't change the O-line one bit OR let's throw White out there. It would be fun too watch, no, it wouldn't

Yep, simpletons make it about one thing - that thing being whatever fits their preconceived ideas. The reality is it is a collection of issues. Changing anyone thing may help, but not solve the issue. That includes coaching, but if this season continues as the first 3 games, you have to change the coaches whether it's truly their fault or not.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do you think RG3 sucks? And where the hell did you get 78% of his passes being completed (Or 25 TDs for that matter?)?

Teams weren't sure exactly how Dak sucked. Now they are. Now they can destroy him, and they are.

How does a good QB play so terrible for 10 of 11 games?
Maybe you never watched RGIII play, but he was good because he ran all the time. Until he blew out his knee.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Maybe you never watched RGIII play, but he was good because he ran all the time. Until he blew out his knee.

That's how he got such a high passer rating his rookie year, from running?

Running is how he had a higher TD% than Dak his rookie year? Running is how he had a higher YPA than Dak in his rookie year?

Again...how does a good QB play poorly in 10 of 11 games?

khiladi

Reaction score
I am curious about Mike White. He came with some real hype, hopefully it was justified. I know preseason was crap but who knows. That said yeah we need to be very aggressive about getting our franchise qb.

I saw some clips.. plays in a similar offense to what Dak is playing with but looks downfield and can launch it. Give it a few weeks.. he’ll probably be one of the new wrinkles, without having to change the offense much..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's how he got such a high passer rating his rookie year, from running?

Running is how he had a higher TD% than Dak his rookie year? Running is how he had a higher YPA than Dak in his rookie year?

Again...how does a good QB play poorly in 10 of 11 games?
Because of the OC, OLC and HC.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo didn't always play with bad OLs. He had a line with 3 pro bowlers, )Flozell, Gurode and Leonard Davis. He also had a line with Smith, Fredrich, the guy that went to Denver and Martin. He won one playoff game.

And if you go back in this forum, the same hateful, trashing threads were being made about Romo. Remember the win and you're in fiasco's. That's why I don't blame the QB in this mess, I blame the one constant, Garrett! He is not a head coach that will take you to the top. His arrogance will never allow it. He always has to be the smartest man in the room, and it's his way and only his way.

Drew Brees career would have been mediocre under Garrett!

Do people just make things up? The only legitimate OL they had was Flozell Adams. When he went down in 2005, Gurode, Columbo and Rivera ended up giving up close to 45 sacks in less than a full season. Gurode was not smart and couldn’t even call the plays as Center.

If you don’t think Romo has anything to do with less pressure, look at Drew Bledsoe’s numbers the same year Romo got the starting job. Bledsoe was sacked 16 times in 6 games, while Romo was sacked 21 times in 10 and a half games.

Leonard Davis has a bust written all over himself with the Cardinals for five years when he came.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Because of the OC, OLC and HC.

A good NFL QB would not do poorly in 10 of 11 games, period. How then did he have success in 2016? You are not in the real world, as usual.

Why do you ignore the RG3 stuff now? I know I made you look foolish, but you should be used to that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
A good NFL QB would not do poorly in 10 of 11 games, period. How then did he have success in 2016? You are not in the real world, as usual.

Why do you ignore the RG3 stuff now? I know I made you look foolish, but you should be used to that.
Bull****

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
how do you fix a quarterback that has either trouble seeing the field or lack confidence in making throws.?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Tyron Smith has not been playing that good this year. He has allowed too many hurries and missed key blocks. He is way better than this.
QB is partially responsible for that. what we see is that we are among the better teams for rushing, missing two key cogs from the team. but we see a lot of sacks and hurries? why, Dak is holding on too long, not seeing the field and pulling the ball down. his play directly impacts the OL.